navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    When that p.o.s kelly got there. He said that schedule was to tough but at that time kept perdue on schedule. When they went into acc got rid of more.
    I hate idiots like this. Yeah like Notre Dame controls how tough their schedule is. What a moron. No one can predict how good a team is gonna be from year to year. Ga Tech was picked by some to win the NC but stink. I guess that's Kelly's fault they stink, huh?

I know I'm a bit pissed. My alma mater just got their ass kicked by Houston. But I also hate morons who rip NDs schedule yet they have no control over it. As if ND had power over how good USC would be this year. Some of the ND haters out there are complete morons. I am by no means a big Irish fan, but I respect the hell out of the job Kelly has done there esp with all those injuries.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Hou all over navy dropping nd sched strength as we speak
    I'm not really surprised.

Notre Dame's best wins are Temple and Navy....Two mid-majors that got their asses kicked by USF and Houston respectively.

Navy was exposed today. They are not a top 15 team. This is why I've been arguing that Notre Dame shouldn't be in the top 4. The best thing on Notre Dames resume was a game they lost....

Notre Dame will have 0 wins against the top 15 after this week.

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10430

so you like stanford to roll tomorrow? was kinda liking them too.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    so you like stanford to roll tomorrow? was kinda liking them too.
    Yep.

Kelly has done a great job with Notre Dame this year considering all of their injuries but tomorrow it will be too much to overcome and Stanford will validate the committee's decision to drop Notre Dame.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I'm not really surprised.

Notre Dame's best wins are Temple and Navy....Two mid-majors that got their asses kicked by USF and Houston respectively.

Navy was exposed today. They are not a top 15 team. This is why I've been arguing that Notre Dame shouldn't be in the top 4. The best thing on Notre Dames resume was a game they lost....

Notre Dame will have 0 wins against the top 15 after this week.
    If they beat Stanford, they'll have one. Like I said, Nd has no control over their schedule. Simple eye test wise, I think they're a top 4 team when healthy, but resume may be a bit different. I think OU and ND are very similar...MSU and Iowa are the teams I don't think are top 4 worthy. Not impressed with MSU. Saw them play vs Rutgers, Michigan and Purdue and Nebraska this year and thought they were very average.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    If they beat Stanford, they'll have one. Like I said, Nd has no control over their schedule. Simple eye test wise, I think they're a top 4 team when healthy, but resume may be a bit different.
    I think Notre Dame is a top 5 team when completely healthy but they aren't healthy right now and are struggling. Like I've said, Kelly has done a tremendous coaching job this year.

I still think Navy is a top 25 team but my whole point was that Notre Dame hasn't really beaten a "contender" this year. That was my knock against them.

If they were completely healthy I may have a different opinion.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

I personally don't think Oklahoma is that great. They lost to freaking Texas! You shouldn't even be ranked above my boys from Navy after that kind of loss. And beating TCU isn't anything without their top two players.

I personally think Notre Dame is a better team than OU when healthy, but ND's injuries are crippling them. I don't see how in the world they beat Stanford with all these guys hurt. If they do, Brian Kelly should be Coach of Century.

By the way, I don't get the Notre Dame hate. They've got a good team in place to root for and are a great story winning with a lot of backups. I don't get it. Guess a lot of anti-Catholics out there.
    I had an offer for an academic scholarship to n.d. in 1981. I am catholic. Their fans are as obnoxious as kentucky basketball. I live in cincy for last 30 years so was surrounded by both.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

OU making a statement. Up 27 at 10-1 amd 11th ranked team. It d oesnt matter if ND beats stanford they won't jump OU

navyblue81

OU making a statement. Up 27 at 10-1 amd 11th ranked team. It didn't matter if ND beats stanford they won't jump OU
    OSU is terrible. I don't think blowing them out is much of a statement. Iowa state and Texas almost beat OSU lol But if ND loses today then I think OU should be in the final 4. Still think if both win ND should be in over them. That common opponent is a big deal whether you like it or not. Might not matter though. ND trailing in 4th.

homie1975

OSU is terrible. I don't think blowing them out is much of a statement. Iowa state and Texas almost beat OSU lol But if ND loses today then I think OU should be in the final 4. Still think if both win ND should be in over them. That common opponent is a big deal whether you like it or not. Might not matter though. ND trailing in 4th.
    Osu is 10-1 amd ranked 11th. Playoff committed had ou 3 and stanford 6 so u can tell how they feel about that common opponent. Everyone w a brain can see that OU is clearly more respected fir their body of work. If u look at the loss u have to compare the wins. OU after today has a 5-0 record vs ap top 25. No other school boasts that.

Committee and all of us who know cfb inside out take that Texas hand amd shove it in the collective backside.

navyblue81

Osu is 10-1 amd ranked 11th. Playoff committed had ou 3 and stanford 6 so u can tell how they feel about that common opponent. Everyone w a brain can see that OU is clearly more respected fir their body of work. If u look at the loss u have to compare the wins. OU after today has a 5-0 record vs ap top 25. No other school boasts that.

Committee and all of us who know cfb inside out take that Texas hand amd shove it in the collective backside.
    We'll see if ND wins first. Looks like they might not. But if Oklahoma is so great, they should have beat a garbage team in Texas. To me, Baylor is their only "good" win. Sorry but beating a banged up TCU team by a point and a very overrated OSU team doesn't impress me. They did vs Baylor though.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

OU's in, end of conversation. At this point, it no longer matters what ND does.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    OU's in, end of conversation. At this point, it no longer matters what ND does.

Exactly

homie1975

We'll see if ND wins first. Looks like they might not. But if Oklahoma is so great, they should have beat a garbage team in Texas. To me, Baylor is their only "good" win. Sorry but beating a banged up TCU team by a point and a very overrated OSU team doesn't impress me. They did vs Baylor though.
    They were up by 24ish over tcu when Mayfield got concussed. U don't know what you're talking about. Before today ou 3 and ND 6. U r on the wrong side of the conversation u really have no idea what body of work means.

navyblue81

They were up by 24ish over tcu when Mayfield got concussed. U don't know what you're talking about. Before today ou 3 and ND 6. U r on the wrong side of the conversation u really have no idea what body of work means.
    I'm sorry I can't make a case for a team who lost to Texas. Texas! Unlike you, i believe losing to a team that bad in the middle of the year should penalize you. Ohio States loss last year, as I stated, came much earlier and they also got a lot of help in the end to help their climb. I am not impressed with their body of work like you are. Sorry. But they'll still get in final 4 bc ND gonna lose so point is mute.

homie1975

Nd wins over va by 7, gate ch by 8, and last wk over bc by 3, all look absolutely putrid right now. The committee sees it and all of us who truly know cfb can see it. I'm sorry u cannot but even if ND wins tonight they won't jump ou. Not a chance because OU is sealing it tonight

homie1975

Navy you're a nice dude (i mean that) but really are on planet Mars in this debate lol

navyblue81

Nd wins over va by 7, gate ch by 8, and last wk over bc by 3, all look absolutely putrid right now. The committee sees it and all of us who truly know cfb can see it. I'm sorry u cannot but even if ND wins tonight they won't jump ou. Not a chance because OU is sealing it tonight
    Did you not hear the chairman the other night when he said the difference between OU and ND is razor sharp and they had lots of disagreement and re-votes? I agree....I don't think they'll put OU over ND in the end of ND pulls this off even though I I think on the field ND and OU are about the same and common opponent should be the determining factor.

The Kraken

Now that ND is going to win, it will be all the sweeter when they don't get in

If the committee was going to penalize OU for losing to Texas, they would've already done it

Can't penalize them now that they just blew out a top 10 team in their house

homie1975

Kraker. ND hasn't win yet amd neither has ou lmfao.

Let's wait a about to celebrate. I want nd to win so I can have my look my proven lol

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

ND must be for fukkin real

homie1975

Stanford in fg range

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Well....everything rides on a field goal

Both teams playoff hopes

homie1975

Abt a 46 yder I think

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Well....everything rides on a field goal

Both teams playoff hopes
    Syanford needs miracle to make playoff even w a win here

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Syanford needs miracle to make playoff even w a win here
    Yeah I know but still possible

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33050

Good !!!

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Notre Dame......

BigDofBA

Another "quality loss" for Notre Dame.

So what are these people going to say now?

Notre Dame should still be ranked ahead of Stanford bc they have "better losses"?

Lol

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Another "quality loss" for Notre Dame.

So what are these people going to say now?

Notre Dame should still be ranked ahead of Stanford bc they have "better losses"?

Lol
    Obvious Oregon should be ranked ahead of ND and Stanford

homie1975

Northwestern beat stanford who beat nd so obviously northwestern should be ranked higher than nd rotflmfao

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Ohio State is much better than Stanford. If Clemson lost close they deserve it more than a 2 loss Stanford. If North Carolina wins then they should be ahead of 2 loss Stanford. What holds Ohio State and NC back though is their weak ass non-conference. I think NC had 2 teams cancel though....so they had to schedule Delaware and some other scrub last minute?

Basically how the fk is Stanford still in contention???

The Kraken

Celebrations now in store Homie

feel free to let loose

homie1975

Mich st beat osu on a rainy ugly day that favored mich st with backup qb. Clem was also hamstrung by rainy day vs nd. On dry fields I guarantee the offenses of osu and clemson let loose and run msu amd nd off the fields.

BigDofBA

Notre Dame should be ranked ahead of Michigan State because State lost to Nebraska and Notre Dame had a good loss tonight...

Lmao

First 123456 Last