RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I have $3 on me

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Any team that has the cap space will pursue him. OKC will roll out the red carpet nad offer the max. Problem with him now is he's always one foot injury away from another missed season, and stress fractures in the NBA aren't uncommon. Guys saying he needs to add muscle are crazy, his frail frame can't handle it. If he had 15 pounds of muscle added, his legs would snap like twigs.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I guess you have to pay him

Someone will

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

I guess I'm the minority that would pay him the absolute max to face the franchise. Would only do so though if he remains relatively healthy rest of this season. Rare talent & good guy as well. I do agree it would be risky though cause Kraken is right, one foot injury away from another missed season or two then he's in his thirties & winding down before you know it

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I'd pay him minimum wage. All he does is play hoops. If he wants a job he should go to college.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Report: People Around NBA Believe Kevin Durant Could Sign With Warriors

Would Kevin Durant trade in his blue and orange for blue and gold? Apparently some people around the NBA believe the Oklahoma City Thunder’s impending free agent could depart to sign with reigning MVP Stephen Curry and the defending NBA champion Golden State Warriors this summer, according to ESPN’s Chris Broussard. Broussard warns that everything is speculative and that nothing is leaking out of Durant’s camp, but rather that people around the league wouldn’t be shocked to see it happen — though the general public might be. Financially, Pro Basketball Talk’s Dan Feldman lays out the basics of how it could work, and it’s really not that much of a stretch. He also points out that, back in May, Klay Thompson’s father Mychal, a former NBA player himself, heard on “good authority” that the Warriors would “go hard after” Durant. We’re still a long way away from free agency, but nothing really would surprise us at this point.

http://nesn.com/2016/01/report-peopl...with-warriors/
    That makes no sense. Green is blossoming into a super star, and is the best point forward in the league not named LBJ. He fits PERFECTLY into the Warriors system & is easily the best player on the team behind chef Curry.

1 on 1 Durant would probably destroy Green, but in the Warriors style of basketball Green is a far superior option to Kevin (ball stops with me) Durant

If it's not broken then you don't try to fix it.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Are you penetrating kidding me!? Look at all the teams giving whoever max money. However you slice it there are only maybe 3 or 4 players in Durant's class. Nobody will have any better options than giving Durant max money. Sorry pal, but you are WAY off on this one.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    I guess I'm the minority that would pay him the absolute max to face the franchise. Would only do so though if he remains relatively healthy rest of this season. Rare talent & good guy as well. I do agree it would be risky though cause Kraken is right, one foot injury away from another missed season or two then he's in his thirties & winding down before you know it
    Strongly doubt you're in the minority. 30 out of 30 GMs would pay him the max to come to their franchise.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

I will laugh so hard when Durant is injured collecting money.

JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

he will be the next derrick rose....ive watched him recently Durant he cant guard anyone has slow feet now

sando

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Strongly doubt you're in the minority. 30 out of 30 GMs would pay him the max to come to their franchise.
    No chance in hell.

Spurs, Warriors, Heat, Pelicans, Clippers, Cavs - definitely not.

Pacers, Bulls, Knicks - probably not...?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    he will be the next derrick rose....ive watched him recently Durant he cant guard anyone has slow feet now
    Not the best defensive player but is a 50-40-90 player.

Dirk has always been an awful defensive player. Guy is one of the best players of all time. Impossible to guard.

Durant is not even in his prime yet.

He is 27 years old.

Still a top 3 player in the world, hasn't even come close to peaking.

Wait until he develops a post game.

Starts taking the dirk and kobe type midrange fadeaways. Gonna be straight automatic watch. Won't matter how strong of a defender you put on him, guy is 6'11 with a 40 in leap and longest arms in the nba taking a shot from 15 feet. Who is gonna guard that?

No one.

Lebron never developed a post game until like 29 years old.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    The Wizards will.
    they win a championship if he decides to go home..

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    No chance in hell.

Spurs, Warriors, Heat, Pelicans, Clippers, Cavs - definitely not.

Pacers, Bulls, Knicks - probably not...?
    You truly believe this? We're talking about Kevin Durant here. The ONLY 2 teams you could make a case for would be the Cavs and Spurs because they have Leonard and LBJ - but even then we're talking about Kevin Durant here, of course they'd want him no matter the price.

Not sure what the other teams you put out there are doing on this list. The Bulls pushed hard for Melo last year and you think they wouldn't want Durant? You think they're happy with Mike Dunleavy, Tony Snell, Doug McDermott and Mirotic being their choices at SF? Madness.

Pelicans are an absolute head-scratcher too. If I were Pelicans GM I'd probably consider paying double the max to get Durant to my team.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

The problem with Durant he stands there like a statue, he does not like helping out the defense cause he wants to save his energy to score maybe 11 points every game, this is not good really he needs to be more energetic getting back to help the defense.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    The problem with Durant he stands there like a statue, he does not like helping out the defense cause he wants to save his energy to score maybe 11 points every game, this is not good really he needs to be more energetic getting back to help the defense.
    Must be talking about a different Kevin Durant than the guy who averages over 27 for his career, has won multiple scoring champ titles and is still averaging 26.5 this year.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Every player is a risk, but you don't get many opportunities to ink a player of Durant's caliber. You take that risk if you can.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Every player is a risk, but you don't get many opportunities to ink a player of Durant's caliber. You take that risk if you can.
    Yes you do if he hadn't had all the injuries recently. Now that he has been injury prone you don't tie up absurd amounts of money. We have seen how this strategy fails in sports.

redbull
    redbull's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 343

go to spurs ?

the big old three retired after win ring this year . some salary space.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Yes you do if he hadn't had all the injuries recently. Now that he has been injury prone you don't tie up absurd amounts of money. We have seen how this strategy fails in sports.
    Maybe. Depends on the team, but most teams have 0 chance without taking a shot on something like this. You don't pass up the opportunity. It falls under the maxim of "beggars can't be choosy."

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    If you don't like Durant you are probably a dik.
    This

vividjohn45

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Exactly. Westbrook gets too much hate.

There is a reason I've had a Westbrook avatar for like the last four years. I would back up the truck to pay Westbrook before I would for Durant.

Durant is obviously a great player but I kept thinking his body would mature and he would put in work in the off-season to add some meat to his frame. That never happened. He is what he is.

I find it pretty pathetic that an average joe like me can find time to workout five days a week while working a 9-5 job but Durant can't and basketball is Durant's job. Durant couldn't even bench press 185 before the 2007 draft. That's extremely week. 185 is like a warmup set that you should be able do do like 20 times to stretch out with. Like WTF.

You eat more and workout harded. It's really not that complicated.
    Durant works out. Lol. He dont need to bench 450. Hes not in the nfl.

vividjohn45

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Durant cannot win big games
    He won the western conference title. Not much bigger

vividjohn45

He has lost his motivation. I would have too living in Oklahoma City.

Have you ever been Wizzler?

Horrible city.
    I dont thinks he lost motivation. He wants a title. Dude was hurt all last season. And some this year.

sando

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    You truly believe this? We're talking about Kevin Durant here. The ONLY 2 teams you could make a case for would be the Cavs and Spurs because they have Leonard and LBJ - but even then we're talking about Kevin Durant here, of course they'd want him no matter the price.

Not sure what the other teams you put out there are doing on this list. The Bulls pushed hard for Melo last year and you think they wouldn't want Durant? You think they're happy with Mike Dunleavy, Tony Snell, Doug McDermott and Mirotic being their choices at SF? Madness.

Pelicans are an absolute head-scratcher too. If I were Pelicans GM I'd probably consider paying double the max to get Durant to my team.
    I say Knicks because NY has chosen their poison (Melo) and don't seem to be in a rush to get rid of him. Can you truly see Melo & KD co-existing on the same team??? Also they already have a very exciting young talent at PF in Porzingis on rookie $$, so why the hell would they pay $25M for Durant??

Also why in the hell would the Warriors be interested in Durant when they are already NBA champions & their team is still getting better??

I guess I could be wrong with the Pel's as Davis can always play 5.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Exactly. Westbrook gets too much hate.

There is a reason I've had a Westbrook avatar for like the last four years. I would back up the truck to pay Westbrook before I would for Durant.

Durant is obviously a great player but I kept thinking his body would mature and he would put in work in the off-season to add some meat to his frame. That never happened. He is what he is.

I find it pretty pathetic that an average joe like me can find time to workout five days a week while working a 9-5 job but Durant can't and basketball is Durant's job. Durant couldn't even bench press 185 before the 2007 draft. That's extremely week. 185 is like a warmup set that you should be able do do like 20 times to stretch out with. Like WTF.

You eat more and workout harded. It's really not that complicated.
    agreed, would much rather have Westbrook. been saying that for years now.

lakerboy

Funny how most on this site is trashing Kd today. When I made this thread 6 months ago most were saying the opposite.

keed1
    keed1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

That makes no sense. Green is blossoming into a super star, and is the best point forward in the league not named LBJ. He fits PERFECTLY into the Warriors system & is easily the best player on the team behind chef Curry.
    It has nothing to do with Green. In the unlikely scenario he came to Ws, it would be in place of Barnes. Ws would also have to dump Bogut. Starting lineup of Curry, Klay, KD, Dray, Ezeli. But id say there is a <1% chance this happens

Puffdog
    Puffdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 547

Hell yeah new bug man on the rockets

momoney23
    momoney23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5334

Stupidest question

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Wondering which franchise will make the terrible decision.
    Man I hate it when I fade myself. Gu is always right. This bum didn't show again.

lakerboy

Durant is a big timer LB.

Guy is as talented a scorer as anyone.

Can get to the rim and shoot with the best.

Hopefully he goes to Wizards.
    Mo?

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

I say Knicks because NY has chosen their poison (Melo) and don't seem to be in a rush to get rid of him.
    lmao, if durant go to knicks to play with melo, that would be worst career move ever. carmelo is one of those all stars who is meant never win it all. and not forget the entire knicks roster sucks too.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

he needs to go to washington with beal and wall

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    he needs to go to washington with beal and wall
    their front line is pure trash and Beal is seriously injury prone yet wants max dollars. Otto Porter is also a huge bust.

First 123 Last