homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    There will be NO Big 12 team in the playoffs. Alabama, Clemson, the winner of the Michigan State/Iowa CC game, and Notre Dame. if they defeat Stanford, will all make it. This is a playoff for the College Football Championship, not some JUCO Championship which is the only thing that Big 12 teams could qualify for.
    If OU beats Okie st and ND loses to stanford, the sooners are a virtual lock to make the F4. and don't be so sure the winner of msu and Iowa is. If a B12 team makes it, I'll be sure to bump this thread and lambaste your asss in 2 wks.

homie1975

FTR stanford currently -3.5 over ND at 5Dimes

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

i grew up swc fan and big texas fan but i am selfish. I hope they don't make playoff. That way university if cincinnati may get put in conference

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    If OU beats Okie st and ND loses to stanford, the sooners are a virtual lock to make the F4. and don't be so sure the winner of msu and Iowa is. If a B12 team makes it, I'll be sure to bump this thread and lambaste your asss in 2 wks.
    no big 12 title game still hurts and they will take other 1 loss teams IMO

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    no big 12 title game still hurts and they will take other 1 loss teams IMO
    ND no title gm either. If sooners beat Okie st that's 5-0 vs ranked teams it world be hard to keep them out

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Texas tech
    Baylor
    TCU
    Iowa State

Worthy squads.
    LMAO

you can't be serious about that collection of bums

Vegas39

ND no title gm either. If sooners beat Okie st that's 5-0 vs ranked teams it world be hard to keep them out

Its possible but last year the " not title game" cost TCU. Be interesting to see how it plays out

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

How much did u win on msu? They looked like crap mist of the year barely beating shitt teams. Got lucky to beat mich. Gave up 39 to crappy neb in the loss. Took two first time starters into the horseshoe. The line was perfectly set at 14ish. Hindsight always 20-20
    If Vegas' goal is to truly balance out the % and money on a side and collect the juice, they failed miserably here. This was a bloodbath. Spartans were a big public dog.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

The committee hinted last week that OUs loss to Texas may keep them from passing ND who destroyed Texas. Plus there's no guarantee TCU and Okie State will finish the year ranked, so that 5-0 record may not be hold. A good chance Stanford, Navy, Pitt and Temple may all be in top 25 this week. I think if ND beats Stanford , they get in as they will have beaten the likely Pac 12 champ and also have that edge on OU.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

They want to ding this team and that team, but who has Ohio State beaten? Will their signature win be Michigan? Penn State?

if Ohio state makes the playoffs without winning the big 10 the committee is a failure

homie1975

ND looked like hot trash vs BC. Iowa and mich st have 57th and 6th SOS respectively. There are no guarantees here. So much is still up for grabs. LY at halftime of the osu thrashing of wisky in the B1G title game, I posted (and was probably the first here to do it) that osu would jump tcu and baylor and go to the final 4. Many here incl LT Profits disagreed w me.

I know cfb. The final 4 is FAR from set.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Underdogs @ Michigan, interesting

navyblue81

ND looked like hot trash vs BC. Iowa and mich st have 57th and 6th SOS respectively. There are no guarantees here. So much is still up for grabs. LY at halftime of the osu thrashing of wisky in the B1G title game, I posted (and was probably the first here to do it) that osu would jump tcu and baylor and go to the final 4. Many here incl LT Profits disagreed w me.

They had a bad game. Correction: they played well except when they got inside the 5 yard line haha. They actually dominated BC to a pulp. A couple late TDs made the score look close.

But Michigan state looked like hot trash vs half of its teams this year and so have Oklahoma. You don't look like gang busters every week. If we are gonna penalize ND for looking like trash vs BC, then Michigan State should be penalized for looking like trash vs Rutgers, Indiana, Purdue, Nebraska and Michigan (who they shoulda lost to). Will be interesting how the committee views Okla and MSU's losses which were really, really bad.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

I remember that and I'm pretty sure I was on your side. Tosu would need some crazy shit to happen without a conference title game. The committee showed last year the only important poll is the last one

homie1975

I mean msu has 60th ranked SOS

homie1975

U can't just look at losses. U have to look at wins also. Quality good wins. Don't forget osu lost to avg vatech at hm LY by 14 pts. They still made the F4. don't just compare losses - look at wins also

navyblue81

U can't just look at losses. U have to look at wins also. Quality good wins. Don't forget osu lost to avg vatech at hm LY by 14 pts. They still made the F4. don't just compare losses - look at wins also
    BIG difference, though, between Ohio State last year and OU and MSU's bad losses this year--OSU's loss to Va. Tech came in EARLY SEPTEMBER. Oklahoma's and Michigan State's came in October and November, respectively. The committee even admitted last year that they overlooked the loss because it was the second weekend of the year.

You have to look at losses when you're comparing three teams that are so close, especially when common opponents are involved. If Notre Dame had no quality wins, I'd look past them more, but assuming they were to win next week, the Stanford win and the Navy win would look really well on their resume and Pitt and Temple could be ranked wins as well when all is said and done. I hate that people rip the Navy win. Navy is a hell of a team this year, and I'm not just saying that because I went there. They are damned good. OU may only have one ranked win on their resume after this week (if TCU drops out of top-25 like I think they will).

That being said, Notre Dame is missing 11 starters next week with Prosise and Russell ruled out. They are not winning at Stanford. If they were, I'd go on record and say Brian Kelly is the college football coach that ever lived. I think they've done an amazing job so far winning with injuries, but it comes to a point when too many is too many. I actually think Stanford is going to pound them.
    Last edited by navyblue81; 11-22-15 at 03:04 PM.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    BIG difference, though, between Ohio State last year and OU and MSU's bad losses this year--OSU's loss to Va. Tech came in EARLY SEPTEMBER. Oklahoma's and Michigan State's came in October and November, respectively. The committee even admitted last year that they overlooked the loss because it was the second weekend of the year.

You have to look at losses when you're comparing three teams that are so close, especially when common opponents are involved. If Notre Dame had no quality wins, I'd look past them more, but assuming they were to win next week, the Stanford win and the Navy win would look really well on their resume and Pitt and Temple could be ranked wins as well when all is said and done. I hate that people rip the Navy win. Navy is a hell of a team this year, and I'm not just saying that because I went there. They are damned good.

That being said, Notre Dame is missing 11 starters next week with Prosise and Russell ruled out. They are not winning at Stanford. If they were, I'd go on record and say Brian Kelly is the college football coach that ever lived. I think they've done an amazing job so far winning with injuries, but it comes to a point when too many is too many.
    Game gets ugly IMO if ND cant contain McCaffrey

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

stanford lost to northwestern. How can you call that a quality win when iowa beat the same team 38-0 and mich also dominated them. osu can not play in rain for some reason and that is what brought them down. Worst part is qb over threw miller on sure td.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    stanford lost to northwestern. How can you call that a quality win when iowa beat the same team 38-0 and mich also dominated them. osu can not play in rain for some reason and that is what brought them down. Worst part is qb over threw miller on sure td.

first game go year the NW loss

navyblue81

Great point I heard on radio regarding the Notre Dame-Oklahoma argument and why Navy-Houston and TCU-Baylor could dictate the final ranking between those two teams. Of course this is all assuming ND and Oklahoma both win next week (which I don't think is going to happen). But for the sake of argument...

IF Navy beats Houston and wins the AAC, they would likely finish in Top 10 and Stanford will still finish ranked in the top-20 if they win the Pac 12 title game in two weeks. If Baylor beats TCU next week, TCU falls out of the top-25 if they haven't already after this week. All of a sudden Oklahoma's "quality win" argument takes a big hit because Oklahoma State may not even end up in the top-25. And if the committee feels that Notre Dame and Oklahoma are very close (which I think we can all agree they are), then you look at that common opponent they share. I truly think if ND wins next week, they'll get in....but I don't think they're winning next week with the injuries they have piled up now.

Remember, the committee looks at WHERE a team is ranked at the end of the year, not where they are when they beat them. It's the final resume, not the in-season resume.

homie1975

When considering wins and losses you also have to consider injuries. OU faced tcu who didn't have boykin but they lost Mayfield at halftime so the final score closer than the game was. Tcu with boykin was a force except at Okie st who pounder them.

homie1975

When ND beat texas it was in south Bend and Zaire was qb. Texas was lost. Texas v OU a major rivalry game and texas made the change at qb. That loss not as bad as it looked that day.

homie1975

This is why I've said for years we need an 8 team playoff. All 5 power conf champs plus 3 at large teams. Make a prerequisite that if u win your conf u must have 2 losses or fewer to be in the playoff. That way if usc v ucla winner win the pac 12 title gm, they couldn't get in playoff with those 3 and 4 losses they have

navyblue81

When considering wins and losses you also have to consider injuries. OU faced tcu who didn't have boykin but they lost Mayfield at halftime so the final score closer than the game was. Tcu with boykin was a force except at Okie st who pounder them.
    NDs been winning without half of their starters, including their starting qb and rb. I think they'd be the first to tell you that injuries should not be an excuse. Bottom line is the resumes will likely be very similar come the end of the year (if they were to both win next week) and the committee has said that in that case common opponents plays a huge factor.

homie1975

I think stanford beats ND to ko them from playoff. If Mayfield plays for OU I think they beat Okie state. If he doesn't play then Okie st wins and we have a mess trying to figure out the 4th team. Fun stuff

homie1975

NDs been winning without half of their starters, including their starting qb and rb. I think they'd be the first to tell you that injuries should not be an excuse. Bottom line is the resumes will likely be very similar come the end of the year (if they were to both win next week) and the committee has said that in that case common opponents plays a huge factor.
    ND is the exception not the rule in terms of injuries. Most teams don't have a backup qb the caliber of their guy. Rb is more or less a plug in position. They gave up tons of yards to SC but turnovers and a coaching change did the Trojans in. Turnovers made nd v bc look close but that's an ugly win. They barely beat temple too who has fallen off the map

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11618

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    First team with a pulse they play and they lose. They get a little taste of what it's like to play in another conference with two tough games in a row
    Big 10 is the real deal.

You want a phony conference try the SEC - the first year we switch to a playoff season they shite the bed.

navyblue81

ND is the exception not the rule in terms of injuries. Most teams don't have a backup qb the caliber of their guy. Rb is more or less a plug in position. They gave up tons of yards to SC but turnovers and a coaching change did the Trojans in. Turnovers made nd v bc look close but that's an ugly win. They barely beat temple too who has fallen off the map
    Temple's fallen off the map? They just beat the snot out of Memphis, could be back in the CFB Poll this week and still have a shot at a New Years Six Bowl. Last I checked losing two games isn't falling off the map.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    IMO would've been late first rounder at worst. Now what maybe 5th round
    No way. The dude had like a three game sample size. Media and fans were abuzz, but a GM with a first round pick isn't rolling the dice, with an entire franchise at stake, not to mention millions of dollars, on a big fat question mark who got hot for three games.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

[QUOTE=homie1975;24856545]U can't just look at losses. U have to look at wins also. Quality good wins. Don't forget osu lost to avg vatech at hm LY by 14 pts. They still made the F4. don't just compare losses - look at wins also[/QUOT

Ohio state had an extra game and they blew out a good wisconsin team and tcu is not the brand name like ohio state. I think it's a low probability that oklahoma leapfrogs notre dame if both win out. Notre dame losing by two points on the road against the number one team and demolishing texas while oklahoma lost to them, these two facts will be difference makers in the end, just like conference championship was a difference maker for ohio state over tcu last year.

homie1975

Temple's fallen off the map? They just beat the snot out of Memphis, could be back in the CFB Poll this week and still have a shot at a New Years Six Bowl. Last I checked losing two games isn't falling off the map.
    Memphis fave up on season after losing to navy and hou. Don't put too much stock in that victory

navyblue81

Memphis fave up on season after losing to navy and hou. Don't put too much stock in that victory
    Whether they gave up or not is not the question. Saying Temple has fallen off the map when they are 9-2 and are ranked in the Top 25 (according to AP & Coaches) is a pretty weird statement. I understand they lost at USF, but lately, a lot of teams have been looking bad against USF. Even Navy and FSU had problems against USF.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    There will be NO Big 12 team in the playoffs. Alabama, Clemson, the winner of the Michigan State/Iowa CC game, and Notre Dame. if they defeat Stanford, will all make it. This is a playoff for the College Football Championship, not some JUCO Championship which is the only thing that Big 12 teams could qualify for.
    What a dumbass. If okie beats state they are in easy. There is not even a reason to waste discussion on it. Like it or not it will happen that way. Coming from a state fan...we lose by 20+ Saturday.

First 123 Last