FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Why does everyone think Romo is going to save the Cowboys this weekend and on..?

All analysts/talk shows etc are almost giving Dallas the win this weekend at Miami. By no means am I advocating a play on my homer squad the fins, we've all seen how that works out for me. But I will say...we have AlWAYS played the Cowboys tough in the past even when Romo is under center. Books have the fins -1 and I think they win. The Cowboys are a fuking mess and it's romos first game back. Anyone like to share why he's going to all of a sudden take this team to the promised land starting this weekend?

disrespectful

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

Who think that

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by blackHIPPY View Post
    Who think that
    Everywhere I look it's tony romo this, tony romo that. Jerry jones is doing happy dances in his shower, a lot of analysts are loving the Cowboys this weekend.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Romo is a difference maker, especially late in the season, but who knows how fast he will bounce back or if it breaks again. Collarbones get more fragile with each injury and I believe this is the second time for him.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

Boys have had way more problems than just the QB position.

Defense suspect, Special teams is garbage.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

If dolphins score 20+ they win. Cowboys have had some low scores while romo was out. 12 against seahawks, 7 against patriots, 6 against buccaneers, they scored in the 20's against giants and eagles. Bout overall struggled on offense. I don't see romo being all pro level first game back.

Ebe
    28-1
    Ebe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

Good question I was wondering the same thing myself

That Dude
    That Dude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1341

This Cowboys team has been playing better than their 2-7 record would indicate. Now add an elite QB to the mix and I think they are going to go on a nice run coming up.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Romo is one of the best 4th qtr quarterbacks.

aston
    aston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3658

I think Romo will be rusty and I can see the Dolphins winning a very close game.....

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

I'm with you flipper...let's get it pal

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Dolphins been blown out quite a few games this year. Dallas been blown out once vs pats. Romo makes a big difference in that team. Actually cowboys defense has played decent this season. Dolphins good win at philly last week. Course dallas won there also. Should be a good game leaning dallas in this one better team with Romo.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i love dallas this week, phins rush defense is suspect as hell and romo will keep the chains moving so the oline and mcnugget can do work. grimes a midget so dez will make plays over him all game, dal defense better, imo a healthy dal (should be getting lee back at mlb as well) is better than the fish in just about every aspect of the game. no clue how it relevant fish have played dal tough when they havnt played a game against each other in years?

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i love dallas this week, phins rush defense is suspect as hell and romo will keep the chains moving so the oline and mcnugget can do work. grimes a midget so dez will make plays over him all game, dal defense better, imo a healthy dal (should be getting lee back at mlb as well) is better than the fish in just about every aspect of the game. no clue how it relevant fish have played dal tough when they havnt played a game against each other in years?
    yeah time has flown by, a lot of my family is big Dallas fans, didn't realize their 1 point victory over Miami was in 2011. Think it's just memorable because I had a big bet on fins +7, seems like last year.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

The Cowboys needed to win at least 2 mayyybe 1 of the games Romo missed. They didn't win any. That says a lot about their team. I like Romo but this is a mountain too steep to climb.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Romo's late game drives make him look better than he is.

Nothing special about the guy.

Should go down as an average quarterback of his era but his triumphs are remembered more than his mediocrity.

smitch124

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post

Should go down as an average quarterback of his era but his triumphs are remembered more than his mediocrity.
    Common you don't think the Cowboys win at least 4 of the 7 games he missed without him? Are you watching the games?

Jeep_Life 42
    Jeep_Life 42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1274

Because the 7 game skid has to end at some point so why not this weekend with Romo coming back....

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Fins are at home and have something to play for as well, not quite out of it yet

This forum worse than all the analysts ive been listening to on ESPN all week. All the romo love, gobble gobble. Fins win, book it

Jeep_Life 42

And he probably could have played 2 weeks ago if they didn't put him on IR so they think he is more than healthy to play...

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    Fins are at home and have something to play for as well, not quite out of it yet

This forum worse than all the analysts ive been listening to on ESPN all week. All the romo love, gobble gobble. Fins win, book it
    this pick didn't make the card but I like it!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Anyone offering odds for a sideline fight between Hardy, Bryant and Romo?

Jeep_Life 42

Id pass on it personally!

smitch124

The Dolphins can certainly win this game, even with Romo. That's why the Cowboys needed to win at least one game when he was gone.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    Common you don't think the Cowboys win at least 4 of the 7 games he missed without him? Are you watching the games?
    I didn't say that. Just commenting on his career as a whole.

smitch124

I didn't say that. Just commenting on his career as a whole.
    Ya I can see that opinion. I'm a 9er fan I have no love for Romo. I think he has gotten a raw deal. The sad thing is, he may never get to prove otherwise.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    yeah time has flown by, a lot of my family is big Dallas fans, didn't realize their 1 point victory over Miami was in 2011. Think it's just memorable because I had a big bet on fins +7, seems like last year.
    lol, right on. i actually went and checked after reading your post and was kinda surprised it was so long ago they played.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Cowboys won't make playoffs but unfortunately they will beat Miami Sunday. Suh is basically by himself right now and he's up against best o line. Romo will have all day to throw and our secondary is not very good. Tannehill would have to play lights out and we all know he's not capable of doing that.

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Quote Originally Posted by That Dude View Post
    elite QB
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: p19101

Albabbie
    Albabbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 652

I think Romo's effect on his team is more mental than anything. The Cowboys, despite losing 7 in a row have been competitive in most of games without Romo.

With him and Bryant back at full health (coupled with a very small chance to save their season)...I expect the Boys to give their best effort in weeks. The loss of Cameron Wake will really be felt by the Dolphins.

Not the easiest game to cap because of the unknowns of how effective Romo will actually be vs. The hype of him coming back...but I think betting the Cowboys is the right side, even if its a bit square.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Are you fukkin retarded?

Romo's "triumphs" haven't gotten anywhere near the love as his mishaps. I love the guy, but I'll never disagree that, especially early in his career, he made plenty of poor decisions.

But anyone that doesn't think that Tony Romo is an elite QB in this league now and over the past 4 seasons or so simply doesn't know much about football. To argue that point you have to be a total brain dead fukkin retard.

This ain't the CFL, motherfukker.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

nocashmcgraff
    nocashmcgraff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Cowboys rolled Miami last time these teams met in Miami

I was there...and half the Damn stadium were Cowboys fans...

I agree w the OP that it may take time for Romo to hit his stride...but I still lean Dallas to win the game

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Are you fukkin retarded?

Romo's "triumphs" haven't gotten anywhere near the love as his mishaps. I love the guy, but I'll never disagree that, especially early in his career, he made plenty of poor decisions.

But anyone that doesn't think that Tony Romo is an elite QB in this league now and over the past 4 seasons or so simply doesn't know much about football. To argue that point you have to be a total brain dead fukkin retard.

This ain't the CFL, motherfukker.
    same guys saying romo not elite or dismissing him the same guys that think sam bradford has just never got a fair shake in a good situation.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    same guys saying romo not elite or dismissing him the same guys that think sam bradford has just never got a fair shake in a good situation.
    Listen to me and banker, guys.

It's fairly obvious we both have a major fukkin clue

Cowboys roll in this motherfukker.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Listen to me and banker, guys.

It's fairly obvious we both have a major fukkin clue

Cowboys roll in this motherfukker.

they my favorite play of the week. think ive only had 2 weeks my top play hasnt cashed so im seeing things fairly well this season..

i just dont see how phins stack up well here at all? their rush defense stinks and if anything romo will be able to keep the chains moving so mcnugget and that oline can continue to wear on mia. grimes a midget so you know dez is licking his chops with a qb capable of getting him the ball. dal pass defense will eat tannenhills garbage ass since he will playing from behind the sticks with lee's return to help the run defense contain miller.. i been wrong before but i just dont see any good reason to back the fish here,. i dont watch or listen to many sports shows so i had no idea everyone was talking dal up but that no reason to take mia imo.

1234 ... Last