View Poll Results: Should the Knicks trade Melo?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 50.00%
  • No

6 50.00%
    BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

With Porzingis already showing promise, Isn't now the best time to deal Melo?

Don't you agree Knicks should get Melo out of there before he fukks that kid up?

It's obvious they are never going to compete for a championship with Melo as the star.

Porzingis has shown in 1 month he's going to be a stud and already proved all the doubters who hated on him when he was drafted wrong.
    They drafted this kid and put a minutes restriction on him (which I do not agree with), but in essence they see him as being a full-time starter next year and not this year. They basically told Melo we are building for the future (after Melo) and he would probably love to be traded now anyways while still being able to keep his max money (He only stayed for the money anyway obviously).

Knicks are currently 6-6, which is a good tease for Knicks fans, and could hold up the trading process, but we all know in reality Melo is an overall cancer and needs major stars along side him to ever compete for a ring. He tried to recruit players this offseason and no one would come. He didn't even get serious consideration from ANYONE he talked to.

After the Knicks have fukked up so many trades from the Isiah Thomas days and unloaded a million draft picks, could now be the time to make a trade and get yourself a ton of picks yourself?

Melo has value for any contender who's already built a good team. The bulls would take him in a heartbeat right now knowing Rose may be leaving next year. He's still one of the best scorers in the NBA.
    Could be a win-win for both teams, instead of just riding it out, getting in the playoffs as a 6-8 seed, and bowing out in the first round.

Points Awarded:

FlyinAir gave BennyBigNuts 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Melo screws everything up on every team

OckertCR
    OckertCR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

Perfect buy-low spot for any contender who wants him.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by OckertCR View Post
    Perfect buy-low spot for any contender who wants him.
    I don't even think a team like Chicago would "buy low" on him.
    The east would be easily winnable for Chicago with the move.
    Bulls would improve their offense drastically.
    Not sure how him and Butler would get along though.

jjgold

Nobody wants him

Nobody wants a low percentage shooting ball hog

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

He's too expensive.

porzingis is nice. A centerpiece of team. I don't know. Guy has a high risk for leg injuries. I'd be wary.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    He's too expensive.

porzingis is nice. A centerpiece of team. I don't know. Guy has a high risk for leg injuries. I'd be wary.
    Dirk wasn't very injury prone at all most of his career. Hopefully Zinger doesn't play too reckless with his body. I can see him staying healthy. He's not going to be down-low banger.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Dirk not nearly as athletic. This guy bangs inside. He runs the floor. I can see an awkward fall, cause his size, lead to a history of injuries. Guy is good though

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Yes. Should have happened last year.

pinchegringo
    Update your status
    pinchegringo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4605

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    The east would be easily winnable for Chicago with the move.
    Bulls would improve their offense drastically.
    1st, LMAOOL....nobody is getting by the Cavs in the East for at least the next couple of years (barring injuries and with out relocating a West all star roster to a single team in the east).

Next, like you and we all said and think, Melo is not a game changer or team improver...so adding him to a team is not going to put any team over the hump.

He is an albatross. Just good enough you have to pay him too much to be able to improve your roster enough to do anything that translates into wins.

I do believe he has the skills, he just doesn't have the desire. You see him show up for games against LBJ or play D for a few games after being bashed in the media but then it is back to his normal half assed get buckets routine.

jjgold

Weakness of the Bulls could be Rose

Rose for Anthony might work for both teams

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26701

Season ticket holder and long time knicks fan. The only way i make this trade is if we get 1st round pick this year and 2018 + a decent role player.

I like Melo. He is a great scorer. Thats what he does is score. Knicks are playing good TEAM defense and they have been competitive in every game so far. They are showing grit and toughness which i like. Also have to remember Melo has a no trade clause which can really hinder the Knicks in getting the most back in return in a trade.

Keep him here and lets see what transpires during the season and go from there. Knicks will have decent cap room next year to add a good player and maybe put them in the top 4 of the east. With porzingis and grant we have the future. adding another vet to go with melo lopez and affalo i believe would put the Knicks at 45-50 wins.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

These are the same guys who want Ok City to get rid of Westbrook complaining about Melo. Let Phil Jackson handle it fellas. u nitwits who believe everything u hear from ESPN should just sit on the sidelines. U remind me of George Karl who has a problem with every superstar he ever coaches. Phil will handle it guys. All these clowns who hate him want him out of NY but of course they want value in a trade for a guy they think is cancer. Go figure.

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

He does not advance any team, so who would give you value for him? Better to let him stay there and maybe "mellow" and see if Phil has some magic left.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    These are the same guys who want Ok City to get rid of Westbrook complaining about Melo. Let Phil Jackson handle it fellas. u nitwits who believe everything u hear from ESPN should just sit on the sidelines. U remind me of George Karl who has a problem with every superstar he ever coaches. Phil will handle it guys. All these clowns who hate him want him out of NY but of course they want value in a trade for a guy they think is cancer. Go figure.
    Plenty of cancers who have value.
    The fukkin guy still scores 25+ a game.
    The Knicks would get a ton trading him still.
    I don't watch ESPN.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by pinchegringo View Post
    1st, LMAOOL....nobody is getting by the Cavs in the East for at least the next couple of years (barring injuries and with out relocating a West all star roster to a single team in the east).

Next, like you and we all said and think, Melo is not a game changer or team improver...so adding him to a team is not going to put any team over the hump.

He is an albatross. Just good enough you have to pay him too much to be able to improve your roster enough to do anything that translates into wins.

I do believe he has the skills, he just doesn't have the desire. You see him show up for games against LBJ or play D for a few games after being bashed in the media but then it is back to his normal half assed get buckets routine.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Melo is becoming less selfish and works very well with Porzingis. Knicks need both players for sure.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Melo is becoming less selfish and works very well with Porzingis. Knicks need both players for sure.
    Yeah, not so sure about that statement of being less selfish. The offense is still the same every 4th q. They abandon the offense and Melo has the ball in his hands 80% of the time, while the players stand still and watch. They blow huge leads and don't score.

As for Melo working well with him, it's more of him working well with Melo.
    They don't even run plays for Porzingis yet. He's getting all his baskets scraping and freestyling on offense.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

that MELO contract was STUPID