Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

Why Is A Person Very Loyal To Their Own Voting Party (republican or democrat)?

"It is a very sad state of affairs, that we have too many working class republicans who continue to vote against their own best interests" - Bernie Sanders.

Please understand, I AM NOT endorsing Sanders.
    I just don't understand where the blind loyalty comes form.

Guys this isn't a shot at republicans, I love republicans. I used to be one until I was finding it more difficult to survive and needed help paying medical bills.
    Also, I was quite upset at the Bush administration and at limited regulation of banks and especially investment banks who where making money out no real productivity/contribution to society (not a republican thing to do I believe) and who ironically needed the "handout" and bailout after destroying the lives of many innocent, hard working people.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by Winner_13 View Post
    "It is a very sad state of affairs, that we have too many working class republicans who continue to vote against their own best interests" - Bernie Sanders.

Guys this isn't a shot at republicans, I love republicans. I used to be one until I was finding it more difficult to survive and needed help paying medical bills.
    Also, I was quite upset at the Bush administration and at limited regulation of banks and especially investment banks who where making money out no real productivity/contribution to society (not a republican thing to do I believe) and who ironically needed the "handout" and bailout after destroying the lives of many innocent, hard working people.

great question. I have some theories but let some other people answer first.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Too many people wont admit that they don't have the answer of how to fix the ongoing political situation and until this is accepted then it will be business as usual..

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20457

If voting made any difference, they wouldn't let us do it.
    --Mark Twain

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.
    --The Who
    Points Awarded:

texhooper gave VeggieDog 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: texhooper

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

simple tribalism i'd say.

i don't think its a prevalent as one would think. most people have decent gut instincts - that's probably the reason why so many don't vote - they realize the democrats turned into republicans and the republicans went batshit.

scumbag

as far as why republicans do it, simple: they're bigoted idiots who ejaculate over the the rights rhetoric on blacks, illegals, gays, etc.

they are so blinded by their own bigotry that they can't help but vote against their economic interests.

good news is: bernie is reaching out to these morons (in a much more palatable way than i do) and explaining the realities to them.

scumbag

more interesting question i'd like to know: what turned you around? why after bush didn't you become a teabagger like the rest of those morons?

also, plenty of conservatives will be voting for bernie. he consistently gets like 20% of the republican vote in his home state -- which is something i've never even heard of.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's a great quote from twain

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    If voting made any difference, they wouldn't let us do it.
    --Mark Twain

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.
    --The Who

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Here's an interesting article about how divided we all are getting.
    http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...mocrat/262959/

DwightShrute

how political parties are able to predetermine election winners through a process called gerrymandering.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

This sums up life in many aspects. Perspective.

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16685

Voting is -EV

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
    as far as why republicans do it, simple: they're bigoted idiots who ejaculate over the the rights rhetoric on blacks, illegals, gays, etc.

they are so blinded by their own bigotry that they can't help but vote against their economic interests.

good news is: bernie is reaching out to these morons (in a much more palatable way than i do) and explaining the realities to them.
    You're speaking to the same people who have been paying for your welfare every month.
    you should be kissing our Fukin feet.

scumbag

more white-trash hillbillies taking handouts than blacks.

100k in my box and i fire dimes on FB games. how bout you?

i buy my weed in bulk (fill up a mason jar once a month... best weed in town). your dumbass probably doesn't even smoke - and if you did - you probably buy lil homo sacks.

i have the title to my car i paid cash for. how bout you?

how many acres of land do you own?

DwightShrute

i buy my weed in bulk (fill up a mason jar once a month... best weed in town). your dumbass probably doesn't even smoke - and if you did - you probably buy lil homo sacks.

people that brag about all the shit they have on a sports forum are always full of shit. Why? They know they never need to prove it.

scumbag

dumbass doesn't even know its the red states that are the 'welfare queens'.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/red-s...-queens-2011-8

scumbag

"what's the difference between me and you. bout 5 bank accounts, 3 ounces, and two vehicles."

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Lol shows how stupid you really are. I never called you Black or a hillbilly..you smoke weed and you're on welfare?? You don't say... Lmao what a shocker.

scumbag

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    people that brag about all the shit they have on a sports forum are always full of shit. Why? They know they never need to prove it.
    i'm not bragging. i'm defending myself and fellow liberals from the retarded, disproven assertion that liberals are busto's.

i wonder why rousey (a penetrating multi-millionaire) is voting for bernie? she's rich, bernie is going to tax her more. why would a rich person vote against their interests?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Who cares who wins

It does not affect your lives

scumbag

who is on welfare retard? you?

where's your tickets baller? surely someone of your caliber must be a real player.

scumbag

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Who cares who wins

It does not affect your lives
    this is moronic. politics affects nearly every aspect of people's lives.

jjgold

this is moronic. politics affects nearly every aspect of people's lives.

it rarely affects anyone and their day to day lives

anyone that thinks others is an idiot

Politicians affect 1% of Pop or less and it is all rich type people who donated massive money

scumbag

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Politicians affect 1% of Pop or less and it is all rich type people who donated massive money
    who in turn make the majorities life worse with their endless greed.

jjgold

who in turn make the majorities life worse with their endless greed.
    \

yes!!

DwightShrute

i'm not bragging. i'm defending myself and fellow liberals from the retarded, disproven assertion that liberals are busto's.

i wonder why rousey (a penetrating multi-millionaire) is voting for bernie? she's rich, bernie is going to tax her more. why would a rich person vote against their interests?
    You don't need to defend yourself or other liberals. You take a lot of shit personal. You know you do. Labeling groups of people is silly.

not every rich person is smart. Not every smart person is rich.

Personally, I'd rather have a passport full of stamps than a house full of stuff.

scumbag

Personally, I'd rather have a passport full of stamps than a house full of stuff.
    couldn't agree more. i love money for the freedom it offers. over-the-top consumerism makes you a slave.

DwightShrute

couldn't agree more. i love money for the freedom it offers. over-the-top consumerism makes you a slave.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Yep, I agree with the bigotry part, that for some unknown reason overrides everything else. Difficult to figure. Also many R's are one issue people it might be abortion, guns or immigration. Also, and this is just my opinion but I believe it to be true. Many D's will vote for an R but an R will almost never vote for a D. Naturally that is a generality but there is some proof and that is the RR democrats. When might you see a D collect that many R votes in a national election. It doesn't happen. I have R friends that will gladly tell you they never voted for a D in their life.

I think bernie is reaching out to the morons and some of them even say I agree with BS on many issues. But, will they really cast a vote for him when the time comes. Not sure about that part. Maybe?

Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

dumbass doesn't even know its the red states that are the 'welfare queens'.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/red-s...-queens-2011-8

Guys this wasn't supposed to turn into a REP vs DEM thread.
    No offense to anyone, but I have already stated in previous threads its the republican states that are more overweight, have less education, take more handouts etc. and that practically every desirable and coveted city to live in in the States is democrat (and much more expensive).

But anyways Jeffie, you're mostly paying for other republican welfare and other people that need it (I am not saying there is anything wrong with that) just stating facts.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Guys this wasn't supposed to turn into a REP vs DEM thread.
    No offense to anyone, but I have already stated in previous threads its the republican states that are more overweight, have less education, take more handouts etc. and that practically every desirable and coveted city to live in in the States is democrat (and much more expensive).

But anyways Jeffie, you're mostly paying for other republican welfare and other people that need it (I am not saying there is anything wrong with that) just stating facts.

OMG, I have made that point about 100 times. And it is true.

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

Ppl are sheep

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Saw a scientist the other day say that they can predict with 90% accuracy how a person voted in the last election by measuring their response to a graphic picture and measuring a person's physical reaction to it. They believe much of party loyalty is biological and reaction to outrage. Republican voters have extreme levels of outrage and the Dems not.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    Saw a scientist the other day say that they can predict with 90% accuracy how a person voted in the last election by measuring their response to a graphic picture and measuring a person's physical reaction to it. They believe much of party loyalty is biological and reaction to outrage. Republican voters have extreme levels of outrage and the Dems not.

why is that? why so angry? I think it has to do greatly with the bs news they listen to and right wing talk shows. these assholes, for money, get these low IQ, badly educated white guys crazy mad. they buy into crap that is almost always not true, half true or distorted in some way or another.

and lets not forget what their crazy politicians say, listen some of these guys meaning their pols are highly educated no way they believe the shit they are selling. every once in a while one of their pols slips up and tells the truth about the way things are. they make comments like...of course I believe in climate change I am an R but I am not stupid...or we have to stop being the stupid party. they know better, often they know better but they must pander to the crazies and the stupid.
    Last edited by dante1; 11-11-15 at 08:00 PM.

123 Last