mihaita666
    mihaita666's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 502

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I think you might be generous with your 80% estimation. I've always thought there was way more luck involved in this over, say, poker. I'm not sure how this isn't considered gambling.

Anyway, I'm not taking it too seriously, just using some extra PP money I had laying around. I should be belly up by the end of the weekend.
    They are indeed annoying, especially when that douche says "done"

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Attachment 86427
    BAD beat tonight.....
    $100 of double ups lost because lillard AND bledsoe both turned over then go subbed out for game..
    It's crazy how many of these come down to one or two plays. Well, at least your team put up 250 points. My shitty squad put up a grand total of 223. You would have split if you played in my two games, 250 would have cashed in one of them.

I'm not liking basketball much. It just seems so random.

Feel free to post a lineup sometime. Maybe I'll follow.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Giant sell me some of your action. I love checking box scores but I have no desire deal with another hobby. 20% sounds about right. Love having something to root for.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Giant sell me some of your action. I love checking box scores but I have no desire deal with another hobby. 20% sounds about right. Love having something to root for.
    I've got no problem doing that.

I've got $356 left in the account.

I'm not sure how you can follow along the other people scores though.

tatddy

I've got no problem doing that.

I've got $356 left in the account.

I'm not sure how you can follow along the other people scores though.
    Don't need to see the scores. Just the scoring system then take a screenshot of your team takes 1 click. I can do the math.

The Giant

Don't need to see the scores. Just the scoring system then take a screenshot of your team takes 1 click. I can do the math.
    How will you know what place we come in though?

The scoring system is simple enough:

3-pt FG = 3pts
    2-pt FG = 2pts
    FT = 1pt
    Rebound = 1.2pts
    Assist = 1.5pts
    Block = 2pts
    Steal = 2pts
    Turnover = -1pt

tatddy

For some reason I thought it was heads up. Well I can tell how players are doing based on expectation. Still fun

The Giant

We can do heads up.

I've got no problem with that.

We can do three separate heads up games for $109 each, if you wanted. I'm kind of sick playing this already anyway.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Giant, why not at least play the biggest lottery tourneys each day for small buyins and try to make a big score? You made a decent sized deposit, and as long as you cash a little each day, you can hopefully make your money last while having a chance to win a nice chunk.

Fantasy has distracted me from wagering on games, and has given me action that I need without the need for losing thousands in any given week.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Giant, why not at least play the biggest lottery tourneys each day for small buyins and try to make a big score? You made a decent sized deposit, and as long as you cash a little each day, you can hopefully make your money last while having a chance to win a nice chunk.

Fantasy has distracted me from wagering on games, and has given me action that I need without the need for losing thousands in any given week.
    This just isn't my thing, man.

Filling out a daily lineup feels like absolute torture. I'd rather spend my time having my wisdom teeth yanked out, or surfing the internet for crazy conspiracy theories.

Honestly, it feels like I'm sweating out nine different games (all the players). It's just overkill. I'm more of a one or two game night kind of guy.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Lol, I see what you did there...

The Giant

You're probably right though, maybe I'll save some for some hail mary action. Have you ever hit anything big on a tournament?

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Biggest cash was only 500 so far, mlb.

Oddly enough, after saying that I preferred fanduel due to lineups being locked at tipoff of tourney, I won a $9 tourney of 64 players for a whopping 150 on draftkings. I'm playing the small buyins because I'm not funded for playing several different lineups at higher prices, and think that the players in higher entry priced tourneys are much more into it than I am. I would rather be at a disadvantage at a cheaper cost.

To answer your question though, no, I haven't made a big hit yet but I seem to do well enough to keep from getting discouraged. I'll keep trying.

JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

Top Score was 365ish in the bigger NBA tourneys last night on fanduel. I scored 275. I entered 5 contests and lost $6 despite cashing in two of them. Managed to clear less than 1% of bonus too. I think i'm going to stick with the 50-50's.

The problem is if you have one player who under performs you're pretty much toast. Not only that but when you do choose players you really do have to fade the public in the big contests. So you have to pick the linesups that perform and have little utilized players relative to overall choice. I admit that it's addicting like a lotto is. I laugh every time I see that goof on the draftkings commercials though.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

figure out which site scams more?
    Then be smart don't play either

The Giant

Good luck man. Keep grinding. I wish I was more like that, but even with poker, I find myself heading to the cash games instead of trying to beat out weaker players at sit n' goes.

I do like how Fanduel locks the games at 7 PM EST, but I don't like their site. I think Draftkings is much more user-friendly. The graphics are so much easier on the eyes.

I can't even imagine coming up with more than one lineup a night. I would be pulling my hair out.

Tatddy, I'm going to assume your silence means you're not interested. Maybe another time. Good luck on the weekend. You, too, sourtwist.
    Points Awarded:

sourtwist gave The Giant 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBagels View Post
    Top Score was 365ish in the bigger NBA tourneys last night on fanduel. I scored 275. I entered 5 contests and lost $6 despite cashing in two of them. Managed to clear less than 1% of bonus too. I think i'm going to stick with the 50-50's.

The problem is if you have one player who under performs you're pretty much toast. Not only that but when you do choose players you really do have to fade the public in the big contests. So you have to pick the linesups that perform and have little utilized players relative to overall choice. I admit that it's addicting like a lotto is. I laugh every time I see that goof on the draftkings commercials though.
    Yeah, the one guy that killed me tonight was Julius Randle. Check out his box score, what a disaster.

Good luck this weekend. I need some sleep.

JoeyBagels

Good luck man. Keep grinding. I wish I was more like that, but even with poker, I find myself heading to the cash games instead of trying to beat out weaker players at sit n' goes.

I do like how Fanduel locks the games at 7 PM EST, but I don't like their site. I think Draftkings is much more user-friendly. The graphics are so much easier on the eyes.

I can't even imagine coming up with more than one lineup a night. I would be pulling my hair out.

Tatddy, I'm going to assume your silence means you're not interested. Maybe another time. Good luck on the weekend. You, too, sourtwist.
    I usually put two linesups in the contest. I stack one lineup with 2-3 players from 2 teams. The other I basically go by points production vs. projected defense. The correlated lineups do well in 50-50's because of the cluster scoring but never do well in the huge tourneys except for last night when a Westbrook/Durant and Peyton/Oladipo stack would have been a great lineup to put through in the large fields.
    Points Awarded:

The Giant gave JoeyBagels 20 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2057

Giant play hockey instead

tatddy

My silence indicated I finally went to sleep. I'm interested why not.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Giant play hockey instead
    I wouldn't even know where to start.

My silence indicated I finally went to sleep. I'm interested why not.
    If you're around, come talk to me in the poker tournament thingy.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Last edited by Vinnie Paz; 10-31-15 at 10:13 PM.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Does anyone even win? Anything over 1k?

If you don't win 1k... it's not worth your time.

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18876

You're probably right though, maybe I'll save some for some hail mary action. Have you ever hit anything big on a tournament?
    Here you go tourney line-up. Heard it on a fantasy podcast, these guys cash a good amount of the time. But I wouldn't go to crazy with it.

• QB
      Zach Mettenberger
      Recent news

TEN@HOU1:00PM
      $6,000

• RB
      Le'Veon Bell
      Recent news

CIN@PIT1:00PM
      $8,900

• RB
      Todd Gurley
      Recent news

SF@STL1:00PM
      $8,100

• WR
      Julio Jones
      Recent news

TB@ATL1:00PM
      $9,200

• WR
      Mike Evans
      Recent news

$7,800

• WR
      Michael Floyd
      Recent news

ARI@CLE1:00PM
      $4,900

• TE
      Greg Olsen
      Recent news

IND@CAR8:30PM
      $6,400

• K
      Robbie Gould

MIN@CHI1:00PM
      $4,600

• D
      Oakland Raiders

NYJ@OAK4:05PM
      $4,100

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Looks solid, but most of mine that look solid also will be left in the dust.

The Giant

Big thanks to JoeyBagels!! This guy gave me a basketball lineup today that scored 315 points. By far the biggest point total I've ever come up with. What a stud.

Joey, if you come up with anything for Sunday, please post it. I played it for $270 on a 50-50. Tatddy got his hooks in for 20%.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

Dude, have you not seen the commercials? People are winning left and right!

Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post

Here you go tourney line-up. Heard it on a fantasy podcast, these guys cash a good amount of the time. But I wouldn't go to crazy with it.

• QB
      Zach Mettenberger
      Recent news

TEN@HOU1:00PM
      $6,000

• RB
      Le'Veon Bell
      Recent news

CIN@PIT1:00PM
      $8,900

• RB
      Todd Gurley
      Recent news

SF@STL1:00PM
      $8,100

• WR
      Julio Jones
      Recent news

$9,200

• WR
      Mike Evans
      Recent news

$7,800

• WR
      Michael Floyd
      Recent news

ARI@CLE1:00PM
      $4,900

• TE
      Greg Olsen
      Recent news

IND@CAR8:30PM
      $6,400

• K
      Robbie Gould

MIN@CHI1:00PM
      $4,600

• D
      Oakland Raiders

NYJ@OAK4:05PM
      $4,100

Thanks buddy. That lineup doesn't look too bad, I might throw it in somewhere. I'm not sure why this is typing in bold, but whatever.

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Can players from EU play anywhere this?

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by slikec View Post
    Can players from EU play anywhere this?
    Currently, it doesn't sound like it.

http://www.legalsportsreport.com/196...sports-growth/

JoeyBagels

Big thanks to JoeyBagels!! This guy gave me a basketball lineup today that scored 315 points. By far the biggest point total I've ever come up with. What a stud.

Joey, if you come up with anything for Sunday, please post it. I played it for $270 on a 50-50. Tatddy got his hooks in for 20%.
    Congratz. We got a little unlucky because Morris got in foul trouble 4(PF) early in Q2 and very early 5(PF) in very early Q3 which limited his minutes. If he had been more disciplined we would have probably added another 20 points with him.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

I've won $800 in tourneys two separate occasions

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2057

I've had a 30k win, 2 or 3 20k wins, and a handful of 10-15k wins. People win 50k+ every day

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

The one thing I've learned about the fantasy hockey is that most winners choose two teams. They'll start players from these two two teams at left wing, right wing, and center. Lowest payroll goes to the defensive men. Of course, then with goalies, you look for the best possible matchup. Have not seen too many winners go too cheap when it comes to the goalie. I've improved on it, but just gotta figure out how these consistent winners on Fanduel keep picking the right games. I picked two productive teams in Pittsburgh and Edmonton last night, but didn't only picked two players that scored or had an assist.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBagels View Post
    Congratz. We got a little unlucky because Morris got in foul trouble 4(PF) early in Q2 and very early 5(PF) in very early Q3 which limited his minutes. If he had been more disciplined we would have probably added another 20 points with him.
    No worries about Morris. I only played the lineup in a heads-up match, and ended up winning by 50 points. How did it fair in any tournaments?

Thanks again.

Anything on tap for today?

JoeyBagels

Just to get this out there but there's no evidence I will continue to win going forward. I'll post the lineups here and you can decide for yourself. I played this tonight.

PG MCW $7,000
    PG Kyle Lowry $7,700
    SG Jimmy Butler $7,800
    SG.Giannis Ante. $6,500
    SF N.Mirotic $6,200
    SF D.Carroll $6,300
    PF J.Randle $4,400
    PF P.Gasol $7,900
    C J. Valan $6,600

I'm not as confident with this lineup because people will be stacking Westbrook/Durant, Peyton/Oladipo and Harden and there are several cheap options to sub in J.Clarkson, D'Russel,J.Randle, M.Hazrell, T.Ariza, Clint Capela, R. Hibbert, E. Mudiay. I am hoping that OKC blows out Denver and Westbrook/Durant will only play 25 minutes or so. It also depends on Toronto's coach giving Valan at least 25 minutes. I am hoping because Greg Monroe is a big part of that offense now J-Val will be the one to guard him and get more minutes this year.

First 123456 ... Last