teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Memento View Post
    A reporter for the Atlanta Journal Constitution predicted he would quit if the team started to lose. He and Spurrier got into it before the season when the reporter called him out. Spurrier is a quitter..always has been. Can't handle losing, especially at his age. You can't think SC forced him out...were talking SC...a program that was nothing before he got there. He leaves on his own terms and if by some crazy scenario were he was forced...they surely would have given him the respect to finish out the year.
    if you had to get rid of him this is the "save face" for both sides way of doing it im sure it will come out might come out on finnebaum today or in a book i'm sure... Think about it the program is clearly going backwards. we'll see give it time.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Spurrier was always real overrated

Rarely won a big game

Just a name

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Spurrier was one of the greatest smack talkers of all time.

teaserpleaser

he'll be good on ESPN if I could bet on him being forced out I would ....

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    he'll be good on ESPN if I could bet on him being forced out I would ....
    Can you imagine him on Game Day? Would be epic

teaserpleaser

for sure him and that bunch everybody would be laughing.... I wonder who SC thinks they're going to bring in I keep seeing muschamp in gamecock posters...muschamp back with a HC job in SEC. Probably not but it looks right like it would be a good fit for both. Champ can recruit a defense that's SCs problem when a Lattimore or clowney or them other NFL guys just don't drop in your lap and you have to go out of state its an issue...champ fixes all that. Just need to get him somebody for the offense.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

If I'm USCe, I'm going after Mark Stoops. South Carolina has great fans. No reason why they can't be respectable. They flourished at a time where UT & UF were stuck in the mud. UGA will be UGA but not everyone can win. Missouri probably the one who is taking the step back.

teaserpleaser

stoops would be good but i'd stay at Kentucky he seems to be righting the ship and expectations are pretty reasonable USC expects to win like they forgot they're USC because they had a good run.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

stoops would be good but i'd stay at Kentucky he seems to be righting the ship and expectations are pretty reasonable USC expects to win like they forgot they're USC because they had a good run.
    Teaser you didn't go to USC , quit acting like you the inside man, nobody buying you're boo boo hypothesis

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Teaser you didn't go to USC , quit acting like you the inside man, nobody buying you're boo boo hypothesis
    100% demo has no clue who USC is....he thinks he does....but in reality no clue how could his sheltered fresno school district pea brain follow along.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

100% demo has no clue who USC is....he thinks he does....but in reality no clue how could his sheltered fresno school district pea brain follow along.
    Poor teaser. All his dumpster fire teams suck dikk like he does, sark a raging drunk and pill head and kerchoke the playoff flunkie lol. I wonder if hes crying into his doyer pillow.

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's looking at real estate in Austin today probably. Texas Longhorns have their man for next season.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    He's looking at real estate in Austin today probably. Texas Longhorns have their man for next season.
    What a piece of shit if this is true but this is his character...urban Meyer 2.0

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    What a piece of shit if this is true but this is his character...urban Meyer 2.0
    That's not true at all....come on now

Spurrier was having a lot of trouble recruiting lately with all of the speculation that he could be done soon....He truly felt like he would be hurting SC in the long run so he resigned today. He was all class at SC....The shots at other coaches and schools were all in good fun

I like this quote from the former AD at SCAR, now the AD at Texas A&M:

Spurrier was praised by his former athletics director, Eric Hyman – who is currently in the same position at Texas A&M.

“He is unequivocally the best team player a coach can be in an athletic department,” Hyman said. “Folks think of iconic coaches as demanding and prima donnas, but he was none of that. He was so supportive of all the sports at Carolina. The media has well reported on what he has done as a coach, all the successes and achievements and records broken, but little has been reported on how unselfish he was and how he saw himself as a part of the athletics department.”

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Press conference was too smug and blameless for the demise of this season

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Universally respected by competitors and loved by all who have worked with or played for him.....says it all

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Let me clear that post up a bit. Wasn't trying to say there was a visor spotting at UT but with all of the options on the table I could see him entertaining the job. There is a reason he was quick to point out today that he's merely resigning and not retiring. He knows he has no shot to win a title in Columbia anytime soon so he's out and that fits perfect for the Texas job if it does indeed come open from Strong. He's not done coaching but just needs the quick break to recharge and cement his legacy somewhere with a shot. Look forward to seeing him golfing and pontificating during the playoffs until then.

jjgold

He stole money out of South Carolina this guy has been washed up for at least 10 years

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

One of the greatest college coaches ever. Making South Carolina football relevant again was just the exclamation point on his remarkable career.

jjgold

South Carolina was always and also ran let's never forget that rarely ever be a good team

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Finebaum mentioned that Spurrier could possibly take the open Dolphins head coaching gig. He's a Florida man through and through so maybe there's some truth there.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Old man got a laugh today.....

Citadel 23
    S.Caro 22

Lol

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    Old man got a laugh today.....

Citadel 23
    S.Caro 22

Lol
    Yep. OBC didn't want that shit on HIS watch. He could see how bad this shit was going downhill.

First 12