TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nick Saban just set it straight to the press and doubters this afternoon.

http://www.alabamanews.net/sports/Ni...330718581.html

This is why that program wins championships and stays relevant year after year and kids keep signing to play down in Alabama.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bama looks real strong

who will beat them?

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Bama looks real strong

who will beat them?
    a week ago you were posting for Saban to be fired

TheSideBet

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Bama looks real strong

who will beat them?
    Texas A&M, MAYBE. Afternoon road game in College Station might be the biggest hurdle. They shut down Chubb, they should shut down LSU at home and a weak Auburn for the Iron Bowl, Atlanta here they come (Florida).

Utah looks like this year's playoff sleeper still. Will be some pissed off teams from SEC or Big 12 again in December.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    Texas A&M, MAYBE. Afternoon road game in College Station might be the biggest hurdle. They shut down Chubb, they should shut down LSU at home and a weak Auburn for the Iron Bowl, Atlanta here they come (Florida).

Utah looks like this year's playoff sleeper still. Will be some pissed off teams from SEC or Big 12 again in December.
    Could see Big 12 shut out again unless they have a team undefeated. No conference title game hurts them

TheSideBet

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Could see Big 12 shut out again unless they have a team undefeated. No conference title game hurts them
    Yep I wonder who gave the axe to the title game this summer, I thought it was moving forward until someone dropped the hammer on it in May or June when nobody was paying attention. Oklahoma, Baylor, TCU all playing each other in November stretch will shake it up I suppose.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Big12 might have 3 top 10 or even 8 teams by the end of the year and still not make the playoffs.

KnockEmDown
    KnockEmDown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2085

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Not having a CTG does hurt, but I do not think the committee will allow the B12 be left out this year. Especially if the Sooners are the 1-loss B12 Champ AND there are not 2 or more undefeated P5 champs.

(The way too early) Selection order:
    Undefeated SEC Champ (LSU, UF, TAM) Not likely...(cough) BAMA still the team to beat.
    Undefeated B10 Champ (OSU, MSU, NW, IOWA) History says not likely going undefeated.
    Undefeated B12 Champ (OU, BAY, TCU) November schedules looking like a boss.
    Undefeated P12 Champ (UTAH, CAL) Not likely, but the Utes schedule favorable.
    Undefeated ACC Champ (CLEM, FSU) Both Manageable
    1 loss SEC (any 1 loss SEC champ is a lock)
    1 loss BIG 12 (IMO between BAY, TCU, or OU, one will definitely be in with only 1 loss) OKST, KSU, and WVU would need a lot help getting in, lower on the pecking list)
    1 loss BIG 10 (OSU, UM, MSU. *1-loss NW, IOWA would be lower on the pecking order)
    1 loss PAC 12 (SC only lock as a 1-loss team. Utes or Bears need to win out. STAN still has a chance, UCLA...nope.
    1 loss ND (Wildcard team. Personally would not pick this team, but feel committee would with wins over SC, STAN, Navy, Temple, and a close loss on the road in death valley)
    1 loss ACC (Clem or FSU. Even though ND lost to Clemson, Clemson's loss would be near the end of season. The Coastal Champ will not get the votes.
    Undefeated non-P5 (IMO this 4-team "playoff" was created to never allow a non-P5 conference a shot at the title. They need two or more, 2-loss P5 Conference champs to really get a look...plus media hype.)

As for me, I'm just praying for chaos a la 2007.

Leans of the week, Navy +14 @ ND; CSU +16 vs BSU; and Utah -7 vs Cal.
    Points Awarded:

Ra77er gave KnockEmDown 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vegas39

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2105

what

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

That's actually pretty good Knock, and I agree with most of it. I think a 1-loss PAC-12 team (esp USC or Stanford) gets a higher ranking than a 1-loss Big 12 team. It's going to depend on Notre Dame really; if the Irish end up a 1 or 2 loss team that would help greatly. But that's just kind of nitpicky, great list overall

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

shit I just noticed that Baylor plays TCU on nov 27 that's going to be a ball game right there ...another 90ish total?

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    That's actually pretty good Knock, and I agree with most of it. I think a 1-loss PAC-12 team (esp USC or Stanford) gets a higher ranking than a 1-loss Big 12 team. It's going to depend on Notre Dame really; if the Irish end up a 1 or 2 loss team that would help greatly. But that's just kind of nitpicky, great list overall
    No if, they already have 1 loss.