Calgunner23
    Things that go BANG mostly.
    Calgunner23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3270

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    Automatic first down flags create scoring. The more score the teams score the more cheering the stupid phucks that know nothing about the game or its origin can enjoy it. This was meant to be a battle of wills. Not some high flying bunch of ghetto skinny phucks running pass patterns and not get TOUCHED ! Fellas, they used to grab the facemask. If you was a Big Pucie and wore a facemask, the opponent would use it against you. If you tackled a guy and didn't hold him down for a few seconds, he could get up and run.
    The games were brutal. Now its HD TVs, high flying, glamour hour bullshyt meant to appeal to the masses. The game has lost ALL manly, caveman attributes. When Dion Sanders got the D-player of the year award, I gave up hope the game would ever stop getting soft. Dion was scared to tackle, but had fan appeal with his speed and return abilities. He could swat a ball out of the air like no other. It doesn't make you a D-player of the year. Its all phucked up, but its what we got.

I'm 31, so that is not the sport I know. But to be honest, I think you're 100% correct. That NFL you describe sounds like the shit!!

NFL is just getting more and more concerned with player safety. Can't have a league without players.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10662

Yes it has been really bad with the NFL phantom calls. Especially on big plays seems more and more of them like a big TD run or TD pass and a stupid non -existent penalty for holding that never happens to kill the momentum. It has been really bad with baseball too with the umps calling strikes on balls a foot outside or in the dirt that makes the batters swing at everything because the ump is calling strikes that clearly should be balls.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

basically forced to throw ball

auto flags all the time meaning interference

TheMartian
    TheMartian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3241

Huge Momentum killing drives every series........ It's getting damn near unwatchable

Blazermaniac
    Blazermaniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1027

Zebras have rule this earth from the beginning of time and they still do out there on that grassland. Any questionable call and depending on which way they want to go...either out comes the flag or they turn a blind eye. Holding calls are the best to move it back and to keep drive alive...non better than the 5 yard illegal contact. Seen it all.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

More penalties means more first downs which means more points which means more fantasy geeks sending $ to DraftKings and FanDuel. The NFL (under Goodell) has jumped the shark and is catering to the fantasy players. This ain't your father's NFL. This one is for geeks.

I just heard Bill Polian (a Dbag if there ever was one) saying that he thinks the game is being called better than it ever has been. Whuh???

It wasn't broke but they're trying to fix it. If the NFL were a stock I'd recommend shorting it. Not this week, not this year, but the game is in bad hands and its best days are behind 'em.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Mlb the last true American sport we have...I somewhat respect most umpires and still greatly respect baseball...guy jumps off sides call the play dead straight up (and it's supposed to be dead if o line men stands up) Rodgers is taking full advantage of this....and this illegal contact calls all game give me a break.....I quite completely watching the nba in the 90's and will do the same with football it's unreal....the best is when they absolutely make a terrible call like dez Bryant's catch last year get out of here....come on man....I get players safety but this has gone way way to far....and to continue this rant how much money are these fan duel sights making jeez I'm sick of the commercials lol peace

Willysmagic
    Willysmagic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

At times ref's will throw flags to keep a game close and or change the out come of a game. It happens and Cam Newton made that clear this last weekend.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

[QUOTE=Calgunner23;24568129]

I'm 31, so that is not the sport I know. But to be honest, I think you're 100% correct. That NFL you describe sounds like the shit!!

NFL is just getting more and more concerned with player safety. Can't have a league without players.[/QUOTE
    Injuries were expected. Next man up. The team at the end of the game that won the physical aspect of the game won. Are they going to stop fighting in cages and rings because of head trama? No the fighters understand they will be at risk of head injuries. Get your Pom_Poms out and cheer on your team! Peace
    Last edited by ZINISTER; 09-30-15 at 05:14 PM.

First 12