xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Fire the Tennessee Volunteers football coach

Been saying this since I I was 4 years old and knew how to do math.

When You are up 12 go for 2.

The last thread I put up here was about bad coaching, I mentioned that the
    Chargers coach was down 6-14 scored and didn't even attempt a 2 point conversion
    They were down 13-14. I would fire that coach instantly. Not even trying to tie the game.
    Not even trying. Must be a fool

In today's game 10 minutes left in the 4th
    Tennessee is up 20-14 and scores a touchdown to go up 26-14
    And they go for 1.
    I already had the coach fired at that point
    Then I looked to make a live bet on Florida to win at +800
    You see, the coach of the Volunteers should think
    I need to go for 2 just in case Florida comes back and scores 2 touchdowns and we lose by 1
    This is called strategy. If they didn't make it, they lose anyways.

Like I said before most coaches don't know what's going on
    They think coaching is a nice gig, where you get to boss around a bunch of young men
    They think its about running tough practices, and teaching things like blocking techniques,
    Stuff like that, stuff I don't know
    But when it comes to in game strategy, this is where I know what's going on and coaches don't
    I saw this same thing happen to the Carolina Panthers they lost 24-23 3 years ago
    At that point I knew the dumb coach from carolina was going nowhere
    can't even count
    Other guillty parties who have done this are Mike McCarthy, and the coach from the chargers whatever his name
    is.
    What I don't understand is how can a guy get a job making 400k a year and can't do basic addition

And oklahoma st too afraid to pass. Not even trying. 3rd and 14 and they run a qb draw.
    I would just quit the team if I played there. I would say coach if you are not even gonna try to get a first down
    Why play for that guy.

The only coach that knows what he is doing is Bill belichick,
    and Bill made a mistake last week going for it on 4rth and 1 at midfield instead of punting,
    that mistake cost 7.

Gonna count the charger coaching errors tomorrow and all the bad calls on the chargers

In Football if you don't have a coach you can't win. you can have all the talent, its a team game where
    every guy has to do be on the same page.
    What makes Tom Brady good is he already sees the play before the snap, he knows who is coming open.
    And Edelman is better than Calvin Johnson. Edelman is open on every play and doesn't drop and takes hit after hit.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

A lot of decisions in football for coaches compared to any other sport

We continue to see poor coaching weekly on all levels

More need to be fired quickly

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Teams with 13 point 4th qtr leads are 188-3 this season. 2 of those losses are Tennessee

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

With Florida's anemic offense, up 13 I think he was thinking, at best Florida could get a few field goals, if Florida gets two field goals and score a TD then the game is tied by going for 1 instead of 2, if you dont make the two pt conversion then Florida is up 1 if the aforementioned happens. So if he goes for 2 and doesnt make it he could still lose, although it'd require 3 scoring possessions instead of 2. So yeah going for 2 was the right play to make, with 10 minutes left Florida isnt going to be settling for field goals too often anyway, although possible to get stops and get the ball back, still should have went for two.
    Last edited by jtoler; 09-27-15 at 08:26 AM.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

you should never go for 2 unless you have to.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Huge blunder. I was thinking the same thing when they scored with 9 minutes and change left. Going for 2 never even crossed his mind. I don't know how these guys ever made it to this level.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Huge blunder. I was thinking the same thing when they scored with 9 minutes and change left. Going for 2 never even crossed his mind. I don't know how these guys ever made it to this level.

Because they are great a teaching kids football, recruiting, and drawing up the X's and O's but suck at game theory and game management. They are Two entirely different things. That's why you see it on every level of football

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Unreal the number of guys on this board who could lead a major D1 football program, but choose to post here instead.

#eliteforum

#humbling

#blessed

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Golden rule don't chase the game unless you have too

If there up by 12 and go for 1 surely the defense are good enough to hold them without 2tds

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

The Chargers coach didn't go for 2 in the 3rd quarter..take the points

govolz
    govolz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Unreal the number of guys on this board who could lead a major D1 football program, but choose to post here instead.

#eliteforum

#humbling

#blessed
    #posterlivesmatter

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

your an idiot. butch jones is a hell of a coach. Seem to remember that pk missed to fg that would of won the game. They are playing the best they have since phil was there!

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Of course they should of went for two. For some reasons about 4 years ago teams stopped going for 2 when up 12 but it is wrong. So although he is an idiot it is pretty much standard these days.

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Whats funny is the Tennessee NFL team was in the very same situation today up 26-14
    didn't go for two, end up behind 28-27 then 35-27 they score and miss the two at the end and lose by 2
    It would have been easier to go for two earlier.
    They didn't learn anything from the game yesterday.