Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Chip Kelly Will Be The Next Coach at UT

You heard it here first.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

he already shut them down 2 years ago. if anything, he'd return to Oregon before going to UT.. unless maybe UT throws $10M+ at him down the line.

Strong isn't going anywhere for at least another 2 years unless he decides to quit. he won't be fired before then. plus, Kelly made his move to get the GM fired and now has full reigns in Philly which is exactly what we wants. he's an East Coast guy as well.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Yeah they gave Chip keys to the castle he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Utah??

Its possible

Phila wants him out after last nights loss

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    You heard it here first.

Who the fucckk cares where Chip Kelly ends up later in his life.

nanderson1134
    nanderson1134's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6285

Lol what?

I doubt it. More likely they will trade for aj mccarron

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by nanderson1134 View Post
    Lol what?

I doubt it. More likely they will trade for aj mccarron
    Or Mettenberger

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

strong is a great coach. they still haven't got their qb yet. this is only his second year. we will be back with this coach

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Rumor is that the deep pocket alums aren't on board with Strong. With a pretty tough Schedule in front of them, he could be gone by Nov.

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

AD just got canned

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

"Heard it here first."

Oh really? I've been hearing this for a couple years. Zero basis for this claim just throwing shit out there.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    strong is a great coach. they still haven't got their qb yet. this is only his second year. we will be back with this coach
    It figures that you would come up with a statement like that. The fact is that Strong is in way over his head, and will not survive next season. The players do not like his "My way or the highway" attitude, and the alum have had just about enough of his pompous "blame everyone except me" attitude. If you think that he is a great HC, you are racially biased beyond all hope.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    It figures that you would come up with a statement like that. The fact is that Strong is in way over his head, and will not survive next season. The players do not like his "My way or the highway" attitude, and the alum have had just about enough of his pompous "blame everyone except me" attitude. If you think that he is a great HC, you are racially biased beyond all hope.
    You talk as if you have a clue how UT alum feel. It's clear you really have no idea at all about what you're talking about.

I'm on the Board of Regents at UT. Charlie Strong is getting the ship righted at UT. All of us feel very strongly that he has us headed in the right direction. He hasn't even had the opportunity to work multiple years with kids he has brought into the program.

Like every other employee, he will be evaluated every year. But to say that everyone has already "had just about enough" of him is complete ignorance.
    Points Awarded:

bluetooth3 gave opie1988 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Vegas39

Opie littlegirlQH is another bigbear extreme dumb fukkery. Not a more clueless poster now that seaweed banned

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

why do people still blame strong like hes the one who had shitty recruiting classes that put Texas in this situation....this isn't an x and o thing dude looked like he didn't sleep for a few days after that ND blowout mack brown acting like none of this is his fault.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

[QUOTE=opie1988;24510315]You talk as if you have a clue how UT alum feel. It's clear you really have no idea at all about what you're talking about.

I'm on the Board of Regents at UT. Charlie Strong is getting the ship righted at UT. All of us feel very strongly that he has us headed in the right direction. He hasn't even had the opportunity to work multiple years with kids he has brought into the program.

The Board of Regents, the governing body for The University of Texas System, is composed of nine members who are appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate. Terms for Regents are scheduled for six years each and staggered so that three members' terms will usually expire on February 1 of odd-numbered years. In addition, the Governor appoints a Student Regent for a one-year term that expires on May 31.

Throughout the more than 100-year history of the UT System, the Board has been composed of dedicated and distinguished Texans who have been strong advocates of excellence in academic programs, scientific inquiry, and responsible public service.

Officers

Paul L. Foster, Chairman

R. Steven Hicks, Vice Chairman

Jeffery D. Hildebrand, Vice Chairman

Members with term set to expire May 2016

Student Regent Justin A. Drake
    Members with term set to expire February 2017

Regent Alex M. Cranberg
    Regent Wallace L. Hall, Jr.
    Regent Brenda Pejovich
    Members with term set to expire February 2019

Chairman Paul L. Foster
    Vice Chairman Jeffery D. Hildebrand
    Regent Ernest Aliseda
    Members with term set to expire February 2021

Vice Chairman R. Steven Hicks
    Regent David J. Beck
    Regent Sara Martinez Tucker

May I ask which one is you????

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I thought UT meant Utah also.

I see no reason for Chip Kelly going to Texas. Of course... Money does talk. And everyone wants to be paid the highest in NCAA Football.

opie1988

[QUOTE=USCPHILLYGUY;24511059]
    Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    You talk as if you have a clue how UT alum feel. It's clear you really have no idea at all about what you're talking about.

The Board of Regents, the governing body for The University of Texas System, is composed of nine members who are appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate. Terms for Regents are scheduled for six years each and staggered so that three members' terms will usually expire on February 1 of odd-numbered years. In addition, the Governor appoints a Student Regent for a one-year term that expires on May 31.

Throughout the more than 100-year history of the UT System, the Board has been composed of dedicated and distinguished Texans who have been strong advocates of excellence in academic programs, scientific inquiry, and responsible public service.

Officers

Paul L. Foster, Chairman

R. Steven Hicks, Vice Chairman

Jeffery D. Hildebrand, Vice Chairman

Members with term set to expire May 2016

Student Regent Justin A. Drake
    Members with term set to expire February 2017

Regent Alex M. Cranberg
    Regent Wallace L. Hall, Jr.
    Regent Brenda Pejovich
    Members with term set to expire February 2019

Chairman Paul L. Foster
    Vice Chairman Jeffery D. Hildebrand
    Regent Ernest Aliseda
    Members with term set to expire February 2021

Vice Chairman R. Steven Hicks
    Regent David J. Beck
    Regent Sara Martinez Tucker

May I ask which one is you????
    I will gladly tell you after you pay me the 156 points you owe me from our bet on last nights game.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Opie and his freerollin'

The good old day$!

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

[QUOTE=opie1988;24511087]
    Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post

I will gladly tell you after you pay me the 156 points you owe me from our bet on last nights game.
    Opie please show me where you confirmed the bet & I'll glady pay

opie1988

[QUOTE=USCPHILLYGUY;24511131]

Opie please show me where you confirmed the bet & I'll glady pay
    Ummm....I thought it was understood that the bet was made. Sounds like we're arguing semantics here, pal.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

[QUOTE=opie1988;24511141]

Ummm....I thought it was understood that the bet was made. Sounds like we're arguing semantics here, pal.
    Dude don't be a douche I made a 2 paragraph post & you commented on everything BUT THE BET.

Matter of fact lets post up the 1000 now on our NFC East bet. I don't like your style. Pick someone we can both agree on

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Blame Strong for the recruiting classes? Weren't most of those classes top 10 by all the "experts"? So yes, I would blame him.

Then again, since my family is Anti-Texas, I will thank him.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11893

Opie, you think you could do me a solid and push my application to UT School of Law through for spring semester 2016?

I filled in the "Referred by" section with "Guy who has a major FUKKIN clue."
    Thanks in advance, pal

opie1988

[QUOTE=USCPHILLYGUY;24511199]

Dude don't be a douche I made a 2 paragraph post & you commented on everything BUT THE BET.

Matter of fact lets post up the 1000 now on our NFC East bet. I don't like your style. Pick someone we can both agree on
    Okkkkk....I'm gonna be needing those 156 points, pal. You're the one who OFFERED THE WAGER. Not me. If somehow the Eagles had miraculously won...would we still be having this discussion??

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

[QUOTE=opie1988;24511283]

Okkkkk....I'm gonna be needing those 156 points, pal. You're the one who OFFERED THE WAGER. Not me. If somehow the Eagles had miraculously won...would we still be having this discussion??
    Not at all.....you didn't comment or accept the bet so why would I?

Like I said....post up the 1000

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

He didn't even offer the bet.
    Was there a Bet with a fixed amount posted, even?

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Fukk you talking bout, JV?

Who didn't offer what bet??

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Betting cash with posters is illegal here and watch out as Opie might be trying to set up a poster to get banned using classic bait

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Jay I replied to his post with a LONG response to his ridiculous comments. At the end of the post I said "hey let's bet that 156 points you have on the game". He commented to every thing I said EXcEPT anything about the bet. No "ok I'll take the bet". "What line are we using" (you know this moron wouldn't take the bet straight up when ATL was getting points). I'm not going to beg him to take a bet so rightfully so realized there was no bet. Now this loser wants 156 points. Pathetic. I then ask him to post up the 1000 we bet to someone (Mpash - Trip - TryTry) and of course he won't do that either.

let him enjoy this week since the GMen just gave the cowgirls the game Sunday. He will come back to reality sunday about 8pm. Trying out Hakeem Nicks! Lol

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Like every other employee, he will be evaluated every year. But to say that everyone has already "had just about enough" of him is complete ignorance.
    You are on the Board of Regents at Texas? Really? Do you know you can get fired for posting in here, or in any site for that matter? You are so full of it you reek. How come you did not know about your A.D. getting fired? He was the college Football that brought Charlie on. You do not think that the new A.D. is NOT going to bring in his own H.C? Do you know anything about Football, or are you just another Vegas 39, begging to get caught in a big lie?

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Dallas will Take the NFC EAST

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Philly is showtime on the field from the 20's. But they give games away this season I feel

Eagles secondary is Swiss cheese the raiders could score 30 on em

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You are on the Board of Regents at Texas? Really? Do you know you can get fired for posting in here, or in any site for that matter? You are so full of it you reek. How come you did not know about your A.D. getting fired? He was the college Football that brought Charlie on. You do not think that the new A.D. is NOT going to bring in his own H.C? Do you know anything about Football, or are you just another Vegas 39, begging to get caught in a big lie?
    Did I say Board of Regents? I meant Provost. I am the Provost at UT.

Everything else I said still stands though.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

12 Last