Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2762

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Not to beat a dead horse, but you're missing a very key distinction here. When you or I place a bet, all we're jeopardizing is the status of our personal finances. These are the type of bets that are condoned by ESPN, and largely society in general.

On the other hand, if Joe Quarterback is taking sacks he shouldn't, or misfiring on open receivers because he has monetary incentive to ensure that the other team covers the spread... that is a cardinal sin, in that his motives are exclusively of self reward, to the detriment of his teammates, coaches, fans, and university.

How is ESPN being hypocritcal by showing indifference towards the former example, while admonishing the latter? They are two different animals.
    because gambling is gambling, period...you are making my point for me...it's hypocritical because in one breath ESPN is bragging about point spreads and in the other they crucify players and coaches that are doing the same exact behavior which they are condoning!...you can't have it both ways...Once again, by talking about point spreads on the air and acting like it's ok, ESPN is bringing gambling to the forefront and giving it lots of unwanted and unnecessary attention...similar to what "The Giant" said in regards to players and coaches becoming aware of it....an by being aware of it, it might encourage said individuals to gamble on games or play to the number, or maybe intentionally to cover or not cover the spread...

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

It's not hypocritical at all, they're both different things...this is like beating a dead horse....

ESPN has evolved just like the general public and there's nothing wrong with that, they for the most part give the fans what they want to see/hear. Just like with all the fantasy sports crap, it's because the viewers enjoy fantasy football they include in on many of their shows.

I don't see how they are giving gambling unwanted and unnecessary attention. It's simple if you play in the sport you can't gamble. Probably shouldn't drink alcohol during the games either if your a player or coach.

The fact that players or coaches may fix game or such because they are talking about spreads on ESPN is a poor excuse.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Even on game day they were picking games based on spread and the stats guy was putting $100 on certain games....

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Manster is fired up .

First 12