CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Byu + 6.5

Really believe that BYU has an edge/advantage in it's 1'st game of season. Teams make their biggest improvement,bwt the 1'st and 2nd game. I am not talking about getting better as the season progresses. Talking about the simple X and O' of their play book. Making sure the off. tackles and guards open a space for the running back to run, making sure the pass protection will give time for the QB...ect. And vice a versa on the D side of game. Don't want to get too long here, but we are talking Young men(BYU) vs Boys( NEB. When attending BYU the student-athlete goes on a two year mission, to diff. parts of the world. And when they come back they are often red shirted. This has an effect to many athletic advantages. They learn many life lessons on their mission that serves them well on the football field. They are emotionally and physically more mature. For you that have been there,think about it....how much stronger were you at 18-19 years old as to when you were 23-24 years old!! Big difference! Many teams in the FBS start about 8-10 players that are 19 or younger. As for BYU many are 23 or older,in fact most Seniors on the Cougars are bwt. 24-26!! Oh,by the way BYU does not publish the birth date of their student athletes. So in a close game in the 4th Q, who's side would you like to be on?? The 25 year old def. end or the 19 year old off. guard?? Two more notes) #1 Last year BYU QB Hill missed 1/2 the season and still they ranked 14th nationally in points per game!! #2 Neb. holds the FBS best season opening win streak at 29 games!......​Bottom line: BYU has a competitive advantage.......BYU 3 UNITS..................................G L

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I'm taking the ML

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

good points, it's not the school that has them serve a mission. It a personal choice for those who are Mormon. Hill is a dual threat, I'm still not sure how accurate he is but definitely a threat. You are spot on with the maturity. They spend 2 years dedicating their lives to service and helping others which actually helps them become men and instills great work ethic. They also have the honor code at BYU which you commit to when you attend. Basically they are clear eyed and bushy tailed because they are not to party, do drugs, have sex etc...

one last thing

i have always thought that Vegas has to adjust with BYU because the faithful church goers who are homer fans. Do not gamble or not suppose to. There are plenty of jack Mormons but I do think Vegas has to set lines knowing they will be getting heavier action just based on potental fans wagering. Maybe not as much as before BYU became more of a national recolonized team but in the past I think that has had some influence on Vegas.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

So Tayson Hill is back???? I like the Anti Mike Riley edge more than anything. He is a terrible coach now. I'm on BYU too.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2750

good luck, Cappin.......I was also thinking about taking the Cougars in my teaser but decided to lay off.

HeeluvaGuy
    HeeluvaGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3926

Not sure that Mormons are not permitted to gamble. One of the most devout I know does it all the time. And you're forgetting the #1 lesson of college bball: those guys shave points! GL!

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    So Tayson Hill is back???? I like the Anti Mike Riley edge more than anything. He is a terrible coach now. I'm on BYU too.
    YEA, You Pelini was not that bad as a coach, but got out coached or had trouble inspiring his players.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Nebraska rolls

the APPARITION
    if your not 60%+ , what R U betting on ?
    the APPARITION's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Good Luck terp

keep the writeups comin

CappinTerp

In a nutshell, that because of the reasons mentioned in post #1...is that BYU's learning curve is a lot less steep than other teams...but it is much more pronounced in it's first game of season!!.............Hope all have a profitable day.

53 defense
    53 defense's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5209

You related to the Burping Terps????

um um good!

gl

ZIPPER HEAD
    ZIPPER HEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5106

Good write up

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by 53 defense View Post
    You related to the Burping Terps????

um um good!

gl
    Yes ! A loyal and faithful alumni. Fear the Turtle in hoops this year!!! Got a reasonable shot to get to final 4 !!

CappinTerp

WOW...What a great game....and with all the injury's,BYU endured.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Great call CT. What a finish!

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Great call CT. What a finish!
    Yea, the finish was great,did not bet BYU on the ML. But got to feel bad for Husker backers who layed about -200 on the ML. Went 3-0 in day games(2 not posted) and will pass on night games to "ring and close the register"................best of luck.
    Last edited by CappinTerp; 09-05-15 at 08:31 PM.