str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68483

The only problem with the Redskins is the owner. Period.

The little general has destroyed the franchise with his fantasy football mentality and his constant meddling which continues.

What a fool. Screw him.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

Ultimate soap opera going on in wash

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Team wins 4 games tops and Gruden goes home with a nice buyout to bury himself in deep fried twinkies when he gets shitcanned.

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

subway spokesmen having bad year

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    He set a rookie record for qb rating in 2012 and had 20 tds passing to only 4 ints. Another 815 yds rushing. But you're right he didn't have much to do with leading them lol
    20 passing TDs is in the bottom third of the league.

He also passed for only around 3,000 yards which is also in the bottom third of the league.

I attribute his completion percentage and QB rating to the safe throws he was asked to make in the flats and on dump offs.

I already touched on the running game. That's the entire reason he was successful. That success only lasted one year for a reason. Runnings QBs typically get killed in the NFL and it doesn't translate as well as it does in the college game. Guys like Russell Wilson are different than RG3 in that they can actually make NFL type throws.

Saying he didn't lead the Redskins to the playoffs may have been a little harsh, but he isn't taking them anywhere in the present or future. They have a much better shot with Cousin.

RG3 isn't a good NFL QB because he can't make the throws. He had one decent year when teams were still figuring out the zone read and he wasn't asked to do that much.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 08-31-15 at 05:47 PM.

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Organization in shambles. Jacksonville would be a better place to land these days than with the Skins.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2714

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    He set a rookie record for qb rating in 2012 and had 20 tds passing to only 4 ints. Another 815 yds rushing. But you're right he didn't have much to do with leading them lol
    no, he just did his part like most pro QB's would have done in the same exact scenario...alfred morris also rushed for like 1,700 yds...our offensive line blocked great (funny how that works), WR's were WIDE OPEN, our defense was creating turnovers and our +/- turnover ration margin was phenomenal...so contrary to popular belief, it was a total team effort that propelled us to that playoff run not just RG3...HAIL!...

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2714

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Team wins 4 games tops and Gruden goes home with a nice buyout to bury himself in deep fried twinkies when he gets shitcanned.
    would you care to wager on that?...real money, not bet points!...come on bro, put your money where your mouth is!...I'll gladly take over 4 wins!...

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32331

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    20 passing TDs is in the bottom third of the league.

He also passed for only around 3,000 yards which is also in the bottom third of the league.

I attribute his completion percentage and QB rating to the safe throws he was asked to make in the flats and on dump offs.

I already touched on the running game. That's the entire reason he was successful. That success only lasted one year for a reason. Runnings QBs typically get killed in the NFL and it doesn't translate as well as it does in the college game. Guys like Russell Wilson are different than RG3 in that they can actually make NFL type throws.

Saying he didn't lead the Redskins to the playoffs may have been a little harsh, but he isn't taking them anywhere in the present or future. They have a much better shot with Cousin.

RG3 isn't a good NFL QB because he can't make the throws. He had one decent year when teams were still figuring out the zone read and he wasn't asked to do that much.

He also only had only 6 completions in all of 2012 for 40 or more yards, and he was 25th in the league in attempts.
    So, if you aren't throwing anything but short safe flares, or wide reciever screens of course you are going to have a tidy QB rating.
    Look at Matt Ryan, he throws bombs to Roddy White and Julio Jones and he's the 11th highest QB rated passer of all time.

RGIII had that glorified college career at Baylor because 3/4 of that conference could not spell the word 'defense' if you spotted them the 'd,e and f'

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

I bet subway is pissed

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32331

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    I bet subway is pissed
    Eat fresh.

Guess Jared will be getting those foot longs in the shower now,

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Should let Jarred out. Anyone who can lose that kind of weight on process meats and carbed up dough is a miracle worker in my mind. Guy was a bullshit story right from the get go.
    Points Awarded:

Ralphie Halves gave Thor4140 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

First 12