daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Cousins to start for Skins week 1

ESPN's Dianna Marie Russini reports the Redskins plan to start Kirk Cousins in Week 1 against the Dolphins.
    Russini made her bones as a D.C. reporter, so she is as plugged into the team as any national reporter. ESPN's Ed Werder reported GM Scot McCloughan is "determined to change team culture" and could decide to move on from Robert Griffin III. The mystifying situation surrounding Griffin's concussion may have given McCloughan a prime opportunity to cut ties. Cousins is the owner of a career 59-percent completion rate and has an 18:19 TD-to-INT ratio across 14 NFL appearances.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2714

good its about damn time...Cousins hasn't been given the ample opportunities that RG3 has and squandered...Cousins has outperformed and outplayed RG3 since his tenure here...Cousins has shown the ability to run Jay Gruden's offense and move the ball down the field and put points on the board...this is his time to grab the bull by the horns and entrench himself as this teams leader and QB...if he fails, then we draft another QB next year...

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did anybody have rg3 being a bust out of Baylor?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Will make no difference. Cousins isn't good. He can't read defenses.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    yes..these so called "running" QB's do not make it in the NFL. Just bring up all the SB winning QB's and you will see all pocket passers. Russell Wilson and or Steve Young would be the only two that would be close but I still would not consider them "running"

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8406

If I mentioned a 1-7 record as starter, negative td-int ratio and a 34 qbr...most would think I was talking about the equally awful Griffin. This team needs an overhaul at the position, but I didnt think there were still people who think Cousins hasnt been given a fair shot. But then again, there are still people who feel RG hasnt either, lol.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    I did!...

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Will make no difference. Cousins isn't good. He can't read defenses.
    wrong

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

"determined to change team culture"

Going from last place in the division to first pick in the 2016 draft.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

At what point is management going to realize that jay gruden is the worse coach in the nfl? Keep blaming RG3 for everything when theres alot more wrong with this team then that.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Best thing that ever happened to the Washington organization. RGIII blowing another tire. Guy absolutely sucks. Should of stayed in college. FOREVER.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by Gonz312 View Post
    If I mentioned a 1-7 record as starter, negative td-int ratio and a 34 qbr...most would think I was talking about the equally awful Griffin. This team needs an overhaul at the position, but I didnt think there were still people who think Cousins hasnt been given a fair shot. But then again, there are still people who feel RG hasnt either, lol.
    the record is deceptive...a few of those games we should have won but the defense let us down...like two years ago against Dallas, 4th and goal from the 11 yd line and we give up a TD?!!...was that Cousins fault?!...stop them, and we win the game...the Atlanta game, Cousins leads us back from a 21 pt deficit and we tie the game late in the 4th quarter but because we are eliminated from playoff contention, Shanahan decides to go for the 2pt conversion and win instead of kicking the extra point which would have sent the game into overtime...the Philly game from last year, Cousins throws for 427 yds and 3 TD's and 531 yds of total offense and 34 pts but our shitty D gave up 37!...was that Cousins fault?!...no more excuses, now...this is Cousins opportunity to shine...time to shit or get off the pot as they say...if he fails or falters, then we draft another QB next year!...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

RG is garbage you cannot win with those types of qb's
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    At what point is management going to realize that jay gruden is the worse coach in the nfl? Keep blaming RG3 for everything when theres alot more wrong with this team then that.
    we don't know yet what kind of coach jay gruden is because dan snyder was forcing him to play RG3!...just like Snyder did with Mike Shanahan....neither coach liked RG3 because he holds on to the ball too long, can't read defenses, takes unnecessary hits, is injury proned, and has absolutely no pocket presence whatsoever....simply put, he's not an NFL QB!...

Da Manster!

Kirk Cousins 20 out of 27 for 190 yds, 1TD, and 1INT in the first half against a damn good Ravens defense.......and more importantly no sacks!...funny how well the O-line plays when you have a competent QB!.......oh, and three drops by the WR's!...

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Cousins is not setting the world on fire either. Neither RGKnee nor Cousins are franchise qb's. Both have proven they can lead college teams to great heights and a nfl team to the cellar.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

sky's the limit the experiment is over

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Cousins is better period

Maybe RG needs new scenery

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    we don't know yet what kind of coach jay gruden is because dan snyder was forcing him to play RG3!...just like Snyder did with Mike Shanahan....neither coach liked RG3 because he holds on to the ball too long, can't read defenses, takes unnecessary hits, is injury proned, and has absolutely no pocket presence whatsoever....simply put, he's not an NFL QB!...
    Jay gruden is dumb dont let the spin of oh he had to play rg3 and thats why hes a shi.tty coach. He will be fired by the end of next year at the latest. He wont have anything else to hide behind. 3-4 wins for this team tops no matter who is at qb.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Cousins is better period

Maybe RG needs new scenery

Da Manster!

Jay gruden is dumb dont let the spin of oh he had to play rg3 and thats why hes a shi.tty coach. He will be fired by the end of next year at the latest. He wont have anything else to hide behind. 3-4 wins for this team tops no matter who is at qb.
    it's not spin, its fact...RG3 is absolute dogshit...Mike Shanahan knew it...Jay Gruden knows it....RG3 is Snyders boy toy and was forcing RG3 on us...not anymore...we are free at last...If Kirk Cousins starts all 16 games, we will be above .500 (9- 7 or better)...Hell, even Colt McCoy is light years ahead of RGtheturd....HAIL!...

KingHutch
    KingHutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    yes..these so called "running" QB's do not make it in the NFL. Just bring up all the SB winning QB's and you will see all pocket passers. Russell Wilson and or Steve Young would be the only two that would be close but I still would not consider them "running"
    this, so true

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    Can't see this image, FYI.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 180

skins r a mess ...

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Aww I was hoping Wake would end RG III's career.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

People forget that Cousins hit a wall and had a 4 INT game last year.

The media jizzed all over RGIII coming out of college remember, so very few were calling him a bust, and he did have a really good rookie year. Too much crap floating around his head right now in regards to the DC media, his injuries, Coach Gruden, etc. He needs a change of scenery. He won't work in Washington.

Gotta give Cousins the shot now. RGIII is damaged goods.

goduke

it's not spin, its fact...RG3 is absolute dogshit...Mike Shanahan knew it...Jay Gruden knows it....RG3 is Snyders boy toy and was forcing RG3 on us...not anymore...we are free at last...If Kirk Cousins starts all 16 games, we will be above .500 (9- 7 or better)...Hell, even Colt McCoy is light years ahead of RGtheturd....HAIL!...
    theres zero chance of 9-7. 4 wins tops without RG or with him

Da Manster!

theres zero chance of 9-7. 4 wins tops without RG or with him
    would you care to wager on that?...put your money where your mouth is?...If Cousins is our starter, we will win more than 4 games...how much?!!...I'm talking real money not measly bet points...we'll exchange PM's with addresses when it comes time to pay up...Just let me know something!...

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Watch and root for Sparty myself so like Capt Kirk quite a bit and seen him many games in college only a couple in Nfl though. Was actually hoping my Raiders could work a deal and snag him instead of going with Flynn sorry ass that off-season. Hope he does well for Skins though definitely a upgrade over RGme in my opinion. Bol!

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Watch and root for Sparty myself so like Capt Kirk quite a bit and seen him many games in college only a couple in Nfl though. Was actually hoping my Raiders could work a deal and snag him instead of going with Flynn sorry ass that off-season. Hope he does well for Skins though definitely a upgrade over RGme in my opinion. Bol!
    thanks RP......I think Dan Snyder, Scot McCloughin, Jay Gruden, and others in upper management have finally decided they've had enough of RGme and the drama...hell, forget the drama part, he can't play QB in this league...period...funny all of these idiots on this forum who say he will be a great fit in philly!......RG3 has made it perfectly clear that he doesn't want to run the read option!..that's a big part of the problem itself...I think everyone also realizes that both Cousins and McCoy are more than capable of running Grudens offense to near perfection...I have no problem cutting ties with RG3 and having Cousins as the starter and McCoy as the number 2!...HAIL!...

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Cousins isn't good. Neither is bob. Tough situation. Appears yet another long season in store in Washington

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10311

Redskins total wins under 6.5 looking better by the day

FlaxMartin
    FlaxMartin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5146

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Redskins total wins under 6.5 looking better by the day
    I hear ya!

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

good its about damn time...Cousins hasn't been given the ample opportunities that RG3 has and squandered...Cousins has outperformed and outplayed RG3 since his tenure here...Cousins has shown the ability to run Jay Gruden's offense and move the ball down the field and put points on the board...this is his time to grab the bull by the horns and entrench himself as this teams leader and QB...if he fails, then we draft another QB next year...
    I totally agree with you on this one DaManster.

These college QBs think they can just come right into the NFL and keep running and then wham they get hurt.

When will they ever learn?