shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Kyrgios to Wawrinka: "Kokkinakis banged your girlfriend. Sorry to tell you that mate"

He's talking about 19 year old WTA player Donna Vekic for those who weren't aware. She's played mixed doubles with Kokkinakis and is now dating Wawrinka.

This guy is going to end up getting bashed and/or booted off the Tour at the rate he's going.

After he lost the first set earlier today, Kyrgios said this to Stan without realising the courtside microphone picked it up and televised it worldwide. Wawrinka confronted Kyrgios in the locker room saying that Kyrgios tried to avoid him but that he wouldn't reveal the details of what he said to him. Stan also called for the ATP to take action against him because he said it's not just about what Nick said today but that "every match he has problems, every match he behaves badly and on top of that the problem is that he doesn’t just behave badly towards himself he behaves very badly towards the people around: the other players, the ball kids, the umpires.I really hope the ATP will take major action against him this time."

Then jumped on Twitter (from the bottom up):

Nick's buddy Aza

Nick's response + video of him saying it: http://www.sportsnet.ca/tennis/roger...with-wawrinka/
    Last edited by shari91; 08-13-15 at 03:49 AM.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

Hahaha... I know nothing about tennis in this era but having a character like that around the tour will draw some interest to the sport at least. Need another McEnroe to step up. Is the guy any good?

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by zam77 View Post
    Hahaha... I know nothing about tennis in this era but having a character like that around the tour will draw some interest to the sport at least. Need another McEnroe to step up. Is the guy any good?
    Yeah, he's pretty good. Was No.1 in juniors, and already manged to beat some of the top guys on the tour.

I was annoyed by Kyrgios when he was bitching about the line calls and threatening that he is not going to play and just acting like a child in general.

I don't really have much problem with this incident. Mostly because Wawrinka is no peach himself. He often does things to throw opponent of his game and young guns like Kyrgios are the ones who will fire back.
    But yeah, he should fire back with more class. For example smashing racket on Stan's big head.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by zam77 View Post
    He is actually really good but his mouth and behaviour has been pretty brutal. I think the difference with say him and McEnroe or even a Roddick is that those two guys had also proven themselves as Slam winners but more importantly there was often some humour in what they were saying. This kid is just permanently stuck in jackoff mode.

MiddleMan
    MiddleMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1060

I really like Stan and he's one of my favourite players on the tour, but I'm not a fan of his twitter tirade. He's meant to be the mature one.

KingHutch
    KingHutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post
    Yeah, he's pretty good. Was No.1 in juniors, and already manged to beat some of the top guys on the tour.

I was annoyed by Kyrgios when he was bitching about the line calls and threatening that he is not going to play and just acting like a child in general.

I don't really have much problem with this incident. Mostly because Wawrinka is no peach himself. He often does things to throw opponent of his game and young guns like Kyrgios are the ones who will fire back.
    But yeah, he should fire back with more class. For example smashing racket on Stan's big head.
    He was bitching about the line calls though, that's what caused Stan to complain to him and this response was a result.

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Good for tennis. Entertaining

thirtytwo
    thirtytwo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Maybe Kygrios wanted to bang her too and got dismissed. Now hes jealous at Stan?
    Shes fukking hot...

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Whatta ozzie legend mate

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Isn't it a bit weird Stan is dating a 19yo? he must be pushing mid 30s

Bang her maybe, but 'date' her and get all offended about a childish crack...

Would anyone here over 30 really want to hang out with a 19yo?

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Kyrgios should be shunned by other players

Idiot

I know he's a young Aussie but man is this kid a moron

Robber

Quote Originally Posted by thirtytwo View Post
    Maybe Kygrios wanted to bang her too and got dismissed. Now hes jealous at Stan?
    Shes fukking hot...

That was my guess too
    He wanted to get with her and got shot down so his childish revenge is yelling stupid stuff on court

KingHutch

Danger of being Tomic 2.0

Optional

Tomic was Dokic 2.0

Robber

Quote Originally Posted by KingHutch View Post
    Danger of being Tomic 2.0
    Tomic is also an idiot but I'd take his behaviour over Nicky's

Well maybe not but at least on court he never did anything like this

Despite being a petulant spoiled child

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

[QUOTE=Optional;24380027]Isn't it a bit weird Stan is dating a 19yo? he must be pushing mid 30s

Bang her maybe, but 'date' her and get all offended about a childish crack...

Would anyone here over 30 really want to hang out with a 19yo?[/QUOTE]

Yes......Yes......and another yes!!!!!!!!

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Yes......Yes......and another yes!!!!!!!!
    Maybe if she was required to keep a rooster in her mouth at all times

KingHutch

Quote Originally Posted by Robber View Post
    Tomic is also an idiot but I'd take his behaviour over Nicky's

Well maybe not but at least on court he never did anything like this

Despite being a petulant spoiled child
    I agree

Both have attitude problems

Both have so much talent

Kyrgios is still young and can still change his course but I highly doubt it

kokkinakis is doing things well, kid will be good

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It might be good for tennis because the sport is in trouble once Joker , Fed and Nadal are gone

There is nobody to carry the sport just like golf

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

You may not be getting much conversation wide but my spank bank is primarily filled with 19 year girls from my younger years
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gauchojake

CraigNet8
    CraigNet8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Wawrinka left his wife and child so he could start banging teenage girls. How can he even try to take the moral high ground against anybody? and I'm not just saying that because I'm jealous!

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Who gives a shit...he probably did bang her if they were partners

Funny how we care since its tennis but if this were said in another sport like football, it wouldn't be a blip on the radar

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Who gives a shit...he probably did bang her if they were partners

Funny how we care since its tennis but if this were said in another sport like football, it wouldn't be a blip on the radar
    I might just be tired but I can't even think of another sport where they play on a relatively small area like that and there are mics everywhere. Obviously there's massive trash talking in other sports and it'd be much worse than this. The whole point is that everyone knows there's nowhere to hide on a tennis court and the players know this most of all. Even if it's not a mic'd and/or televised court, the crowd, ump, ball kids, camera people, etc would all hear. It's not like typical US sports or even the biggest ones of all - soccer and cricket where you can say something and get away with it. So in that regard it is a big deal. Once in a very rare while you'll hear a tennis player complain to the chair ump about how long another player's taking to serve, their grunting, etc. But you don't have this face to face sledging. No way. That's why it's such a big deal.

ManeOnFire
    ManeOnFire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Same thing basically in hockey. 6 game suspension. Things like this are more funny to me than anything but on a personal level it's obviously max disrespect. That raises the question though was this a past fling or current?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Yeah I gotcha...just think he should have thicker skin

Like it's not the end of the world Stan, don't act so righteous when you're not a saint either

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

I see no problem with it. People are too sensitive.

ManeOnFire
    ManeOnFire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Like it's not the end of the world Stan, don't act so righteous when you're not a saint either
    but
    "...I hope the governing body of this sport does not stand for this and stands up for the integrity of this sport that we have worked so hard to build."

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by CraigNet8 View Post
    Wawrinka left his wife and child so he could start banging teenage girls. How can he even try to take the moral high ground against anybody? and I'm not just saying that because I'm jealous!

I guess thread over there

Stan is open game

shari91

Oh totally, I agree. If he'd said something about Stan's child, ok fair enough go ask for the guy to get booted but Stan's still the guy who blamed his family on his crappy results for awhile which isn't cool. Stan's taking what was said and running with it because Nick's been acting like a dikk for too long now but the public and sports commentators I think it's more of a combo of Stan couldn't really bite back with the mics around hence the locker room 'chat' and this face to face thing is really just not done in tennis. This is the sport where siblings or even just best friends won't say one word to each other from the time they go on the court, not even during the mandatory photos, coin toss, etc. They might do a forced "good luck" when the cameras are there but that's it until the match is over. No one's trash talking like they're in the Staples Center. He may as well have thrown a yo mama slam out there. Actually now I think Nick's playing the wrong sport

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Oh totally, I agree. If he'd said something about Stan's child, ok fair enough go ask for the guy to get booted but Stan's still the guy who blamed his family on his crappy results for awhile which isn't cool. Stan's taking what was said and running with it because Nick's been acting like a dikk for too long now but the public and sports commentators I think it's more of a combo of Stan couldn't really bite back with the mics around hence the locker room 'chat' and this face to face thing is really just not done in tennis. This is the sport where siblings or even just best friends won't say one word to each other from the time they go on the court, not even during the mandatory photos, coin toss, etc. They might do a forced "good luck" when the cameras are there but that's it until the match is over. No one's trash talking like they're in the Staples Center. He may as well have thrown a yo mama slam out there. Actually now I think Nick's playing the wrong sport

Guy is a big Celtics fan apparently. Probably thinks he can trash talk like KG or something

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Wawrinka is embarassed by this so he is acting like a big baby.
    I could see if Nick said this directly to Stan during the match but he did not,
    here's the video .. Nick is plainly walking to the back of the court with his
    back to Stan, and only said it to himself under his breath !

Gotta side iwth Nick on this.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ten...irlfriend.html

Newsflash Stan - if a young woman is willing to sleep with a married man
    with a daughter, highly visible publicly, she probably will sleep with anyone
    she finds attractive.
    Last edited by Snowball; 08-13-15 at 09:50 AM.

girlscoutcookies
    girlscoutcookies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1899

this is what tennis needs.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Quote Originally Posted by girlscoutcookies View Post
    this is what tennis needs.
    Exactly. Kyrgios is on his way to #1 once all the big guns retire and die out. Djoker will still be there for a bit but Kyrgios can already hang with the big guns and he has so much time tk
    improve. Love his fiery attitude. No one would be talking about tennis right now if it wasn't for Kyrgios.
    Points Awarded:

girlscoutcookies gave FlipsideRM 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Let us not forget who quit the match before it was over last night citing "back pain" after being broken twice in the 3rd set. Pretty classless yourself there stan
    Points Awarded:

jagaf22 gave FlipsideRM 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

1234 Last