rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Mark Cuban's take on the Republican party

(If this is in the wrong section, my apologies. Just want maximum exposure.)

Mark isn't endorsing anyone, but is bringing light to why the Repub party is screwing itself.

I have concerns with a party who signs pledges, it takes away individualism when voting. Those
    who have broken away from their pledge are demoted from what they are involved in, called names
    and are shunned.

Read his take here:

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/2015/...election.html/

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He thinks he is mr know it all

He is a well know jerk and carries ZERO WEIGHT

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

The thing is that I knew what the Republican party stood for 30 years ago. Today, it seems like the only thing they stand for is their own survival. Their talk about conservative principles rarely parallels their actions anymore. Look at everything they said they were going to do when they took the Senate back, and now see how wimpish they are in power. It never crosses their mind that maybe their constituents voted them in because they want a different direction than what this administration is taking them. It's the same crap lines the Democrats have been regurgitating to the blacks and poor for over 50 years. Blacks are more unemployed than ever, and the poverty rate remains unchanged.

That's why Trump is so intriguing. He's a throwback to the way our government was originally supposed to be. Our government was not meant to have career politicians. People would voluntarily leave the private sector to donate their time and lead us until they served their 1 or 2 terms. Once the time was up, they would go back to their private lives, and pass it off to the next man up. How's that old saying go? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. What do we do when they fool us 5-6 times?

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Cuban for President

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22858

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Cuban for President
    You need to be an American Citizen as one of the requirements

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    The thing is that I knew what the Republican party stood for 30 years ago. Today, it seems like the only thing they stand for is their own survival. Their talk about conservative principles rarely parallels their actions anymore. Look at everything they said they were going to do when they took the Senate back, and now see how wimpish they are in power. It never crosses their mind that maybe their constituents voted them in because they want a different direction than what this administration is taking them. It's the same crap lines the Democrats have been regurgitating to the blacks and poor for over 50 years. Blacks are more unemployed than ever, and the poverty rate remains unchanged.

That's why Trump is so intriguing. He's a throwback to the way our government was originally supposed to be. Our government was not meant to have career politicians. People would voluntarily leave the private sector to donate their time and lead us until they served their 1 or 2 terms. Once the time was up, they would go back to their private lives, and pass it off to the next man up. How's that old saying go? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. What do we do when they fool us 5-6 times?
    Yes, back in the day, both parties pretty much worked together for the common cause of America. Since Obama has
    come in, a new party called the Tea party has come in, citizens united among other conservative organizations, all
    of which has broken the Repub party into factions.

I don't want people we have elected to sign pledges, most of which is why good legislation hasn't been brought
    up for votes. It has carried to both sides. The house will pass bills to send to the senate, but won't vote on it
    because the house refused to vote on senate bills. Baby games. Who suffers? We do.

You guys get mad because Obama has to make executive orders, why is that? 500+ little kids are playing
    kindergarten games. Someone has to be the adult.

My Senate Representative Pat Toomey, wrote a bill for term limits and probably went over like a lead balloon.
    Someone elected, who's already in, sure as hell isn't going to sign their own death sentence. Somehow, we
    need to push that agenda.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

common rkelly, just reads headlines. Remember when you used to post House bills that you didn't even understand? This is no different.

Quotes from Cuban in the article that I'm sure caused rkelly's psyche panicked and ignored.

"I would prefer to be a Republican. I want smaller government. I want smarter government. Just like most Republicans...

...And btw, I know a lot of the same can be said about the democrats, but I don’t want to be a democrat.

...Until things change, I’ll sit in the middle and think for myself. Unlike the Republicans."

I highlighted the bold part specifically for you rkelly, maybe one day before you leave this Earth you'll be able to think for yourself. I doubt it but at least you can clearly see why you should keep your thoughts to yourself, spreading wrong information is harmful and you do it frequently. We both can agree on that, this thread any clear example.
    Points Awarded:

sourtwist gave brooks85 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Yes, back in the day, both parties pretty much worked together for the common cause of America. Since Obama has
    come in, a new party called the Tea party has come in, citizens united among other conservative organizations, all
    of which has broken the Repub party into factions.

I don't want people we have elected to sign pledges, most of which is why good legislation hasn't been brought
    up for votes. It has carried to both sides. The house will pass bills to send to the senate, but won't vote on it
    because the house refused to vote on senate bills. Baby games. Who suffers? We do.

You guys get mad because Obama has to make executive orders, why is that? 500+ little kids are playing
    kindergarten games. Someone has to be the adult.

My Senate Representative Pat Toomey, wrote a bill for term limits and probably went over like a lead balloon.
    Someone elected, who's already in, sure as hell isn't going to sign their own death sentence. Somehow, we
    need to push that agenda.
    I've been saying the main problem for years has been term limits, but a bigger problem is the voters. They continually vote these same blowhards in election after election, and then have the gall to bitch about them. We do not have enough participation in the primaries to take these guys out, and put fresh faces in the general elections.

Here in Tennessee, they had same old, same old Lamar Alexander running for his 3rd term. We had an excellent conservative, Joe Carr, running against him. Carr might not personify the values of other states, but he would have represented a state like Tennessee well. Lamar already had a war chest built. All he had to do was go on his commercials, and practically say, "Hey it's me!" then spout the word "conservative", and he retained the Republican nomination (though I'm sure it was a lot closer than he expected it to be). He even had Fred Thompson, an advocate for term limits in the 90's, do a commercial backing him. I didn't even vote for him in the general. Just skipped that section when I was voting for everything else on the ballot. The same thing will probably happen when Bob Corker's turn comes around.

Voters need to understand that the longer you keep these guys and gals in office, the more their interests push to their personal selves, and away from the people that elected them in the first place.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11648

jjgold

all politicians motivation is for themselves, friends and family

They can care less about voters

when will you get it???

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    You need to be an American Citizen as one of the requirements
    Mark Cuban is from Pittsburgh, homeboy

Delicious
    Delicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1857

Saloon this shit....

grease lightnin
    &

I highlighted the bold part specifically for you rkelly, maybe one day before you leave this Earth you'll be able to think for yourself.
    In my estimation rkelly is one of the few individual thinkers i have seen on this board. He has displayed opinions across a broader spectrum of the prevailing political ideologies than most.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ra77er

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11648

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious View Post
    Saloon this shit....
    Saloon you

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

problem is the govt is made up mostly of lawyers..the people trying to suck money out of everyone

we need doctors, businessmen, fukkin top of the line historians, computer geniuses, etc etc

get the fukkin lawyers out
    Points Awarded:

face gave RudyRuetigger 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DwightShrute

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    problem is the govt is made up mostly of lawyers..the people trying to suck money out of everyone

we need doctors, businessmen, fukkin top of the line historians, computer geniuses, etc etc

get the fukkin lawyers out

rkelly110

In my estimation rkelly is one of the few individual thinkers i have seen on this board. He has displayed opinions across a broader spectrum of the prevailing political ideologies than most.
    Thank you Grease, I'm glad someone is paying attention.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Thank you Grease, I'm glad someone is paying attention.
    pretty sure he was being sarcastic

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I guess this thread is just one the time he slipped...

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Cuban is a pump and dump
    made his millions by intentionally lying then dumping
    during the dot com scam.

Meanwhile, Trump wants to name Carl Icahn into his cabinet !

Icahn made his billions as a client of scam artist Michael Milken, who went to
    Fed prison 10 year sentence and paid 600mil fine back when 600m
    was a lot of money.

Corporate Junk Bonds... another pump and dump.
    then Icahn would take over the companies and put everyone in the streets.
    Real class act.
    Last edited by Snowball; 08-12-15 at 03:36 PM.

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Cuban is a pump and dump
    during the dot com scam.
    Do you have a source on this? I have never heard that and I tried to find something on it but was unable.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Warren Buffet for President.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Okay well I agree with Cuban 100%. That is one smart shark if I ever saw one. I hope his statements resonate with the republican party because he is absolutely right. Listened to the after show comments (Hannity) last night on Fox and some of the people that get paid to speak on there are atrocious.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin
    Do you have a source on this? I have never heard that and I tried to find something on it but was unable.
    I remember him. He was an AudioNet executive, they changed their name to Broadcast.com and right at the
    wildest time of the internet madness they IPO'd and went up tons. Cuban pumped them up like crazy.
    Yahoo used their own inflated stock to overpay for Broadcast.com - making Cuban just about a billionaire
    on Yahoo stock. He hung on as much as he had to according to the law but weaseled out right before the
    dot com crash. He also did some hedging but couldn't hedge against Yahoo so hedged other internet momo stocks.
    Lost his hedge 100% and sold all the Yahoo stock near the top - then everyone holding those stocks got hammered.
    Years later on some other issue he was charged criminally for insider trading.

jjgold

Cuban is a pump and dump
    during the dot com scam.

Meanwhile, Trump wants to name Carl Icahn into his cabinet !

Icahn made his billions as a client of scam artist Michael Milken, who went to
    Fed prison 10 year sentence and paid 600mil fine back when 600m
    was a lot of money.

Corporate Junk Bonds... another pump and dump.
    then Icahn would take over the companies and put everyone in the streets.
    Real class act.
    1000% scammer

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

So how he made his money makes his comments irrelevant?

It's true what he is saying about the republican party, it's why they don't like Trump. He doesn't conform to the norm. All the political junkies are clamoring to hear every little detail about his policy so they can over analyze it death and start some ridiculous campaign to discredit him.

The sad thing is he probably won't get the nomination regardless if the people are calling for him to get it, as evidenced in the polls!! We will get another 8 years of some greased pocket half wit.

grease lightnin
    &

I remember him. He was an AudioNet executive, they changed their name to Broadcast.com and right at the
    wildest time of the internet madness they IPO'd and went up tons. Cuban pumped them up like crazy.
    Yahoo used their own inflated stock to overpay for Broadcast.com - making Cuban just about a billionaire
    on Yahoo stock. He hung on as much as he had to according to the law but weaseled out right before the
    dot com crash. He also did some hedging but couldn't hedge against Yahoo so hedged other internet momo stocks.
    Lost his hedge 100% and sold all the Yahoo stock near the top - then everyone holding those stocks got hammered.
    Years later on some other issue he was charged criminally for insider trading.

You said he lied--And he did structure a collar in Yahoo stock to lock in his profit. Then when he sold it, he put it all in treasuries right before greenspan lowered interest rates, treasuries soared in the next few years. Just a couple of years ago, he refinanced ~$400 million of debt in the yen right before the BOJ started buying bonds and stocks-- the yen devauled bigtime in months, then he paid it off in dollars. Basically cut the debt in half. He is a master of gaming the system. It doesn't make him a liar. And he was cleared of insider trading.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

Rkelly is good people.

Didnt Mark Cuban say that he would be Donald Trump's Vice President?

The Republicans' need to sign pledges is the worst idea in government. I would have taken the $10 worth of cuts for a 1$ of tax increase all day.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    pretty sure he was being sarcastic
    honestly i think you look like your avatar

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    honestly i think you look like your avatar
    ditto

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11806

Cuban is right on calling trump a paper tiger. he has no cash. that will doom him because people not donating to him because he says hes a billionaire

DwightShrute

Trump is doing well. He makes hundreds of millions a year. He doesn't need to run for president. He is doing so because he loves his country and can see how these politicians are fukking it up. The US needs to be run more like a business rather than how its being run to the ground.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Trump is doing well. He makes hundreds of millions a year. He doesn't need to run for president. He is doing so because he loves his country and can see how these politicians are fukking it up. The US needs to be run more like a business rather than how its being run to the ground.
    he's running for president because of power and ego. it's the same reason a coach who has a kushy college job would take an nfl job. you don't think he sits awake at night jerking off to the thought of being called "president trump" instead of "mr. trump?" that's the number 1 reason he's trying to be president. then well after that, perhaps all the things you say are a distant second.

Snowball

You said he lied--And he did structure a collar in Yahoo stock to lock in his profit. Then when he sold it, he put it all in treasuries right before greenspan lowered interest rates, treasuries soared in the next few years. Just a couple of years ago, he refinanced ~$400 million of debt in the yen right before the BOJ started buying bonds and stocks-- the yen devauled bigtime in months, then he paid it off in dollars. Basically cut the debt in half. He is a master of gaming the system. It doesn't make him a liar. And he was cleared of insider trading.
    He's not as bad as Icahn, but whether or not he was a liar is a judgement call.
    He did insider trade, but got away with it because he spent millions on lawyers
    who did a good job defending him. I remember him in the 90's as a brash pumper
    with a temper and a talent for getting people excited when I'm sure all he was thinking
    of was dumping his stock on the gullible.
    Maybe pump and dump is not lying, but I don't think he's in any position to criticize
    other people because the origin of his wealth is only in luck and pump/dump.
    The primary way he made his money was by exaggerating the value of Broadcast.com,
    which at the time of sale only had 22 million in revenues and was losing 16 million a year,
    but Yahoo bought them in stock for 5.7 billion
    . Of course he knew it all was baloney,
    all the times he talked up his Broadcast.com, and tried to get people to buy it was
    nothing but a ploy to write stock and dump it on the public.
    Yahoo stock lost 90% of its value in the dot com crash.
    Last edited by Snowball; 08-13-15 at 07:40 AM.

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    he's running for president because of power and ego. it's the same reason a coach who has a kushy college job would take an nfl job. you don't think he sits awake at night jerking off to the thought of being called "president trump" instead of "mr. trump?" that's the number 1 reason he's trying to be president. then well after that, perhaps all the things you say are a distant second.
    That's what I see also. He's done his homework on how the American people feel and is exploiting that.
    Now he needs to come up with plans on how to make happen the shit he's spewing. (if he can)
    Points Awarded:

texhooper gave rkelly110 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

123 Last