krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

If your not on draftkings your missing out

Currently in first in the playoff pitch and 2nd in the moonshot. A cool $22,500 coming my way barring something crazy in the top of the 9th.

6 man pirates stack is my lineup, along with ryan zimmerman, corey cluber and chris archer
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: astro61200, and TheAntFather

avssakic
    avssakic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4193

Too bad I live in Arizona...

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by avssakic View Post
    Too bad I live in Arizona...

Really sucks for those states.

Daily fantasy sports just keep getting bigger and bigger, it's going to be bigger than the poker boom.

I just hope the idiots in government dont try to shut it down.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No money in it if you like winning two and five and $10 fine but it takes too much time and you can't win much

I love how they advertise all these big winners it's just like the lottery of course there's some winners

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Currently in first in the playoff pitch and 2nd in the moonshot. A cool $22,500 coming my way barring something crazy in the top of the 9th.

6 man pirates stack is my lineup, along with ryan zimmerman, corey cluber and chris archer
    Cashed 500 myself, had Kluber in both my lineups.

Good job dude.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

How much were the entry fees on those two contests?

avssakic
    avssakic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4193

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    No money in it if you like winning two and five and $10 fine but it takes too much time and you can't win much

I love how they advertise all these big winners it's just like the lottery of course there's some winners
    How you figure? There is a winner in every contest. Little different than the lottery

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    10 each

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    10 each
    Wow, really?

That is a sick return.

stevenash

Wow, really?

That is a sick return.
    Yeah, but the rake is still too much, not highway robbery, but they do take in 12 and pay 10

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

One of my buddies keeps trying to get me to play at DK. I just figure.... it's just another website that could be rigged. If it is or isn't... who's to really say? You don't know everyone's log name. Why couldn't it be rigged?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They advertise false dreams if you really analyze these fantasies sites, sure it's fine if you like sports don't get me wrong but if you're in it to make money you're going to be very very surprised that most of the time you will not be cashing… The more people that get involved the more becomes a lottery every week

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Yeah, but the rake is still too much, not highway robbery, but they do take in 12 and pay 10
    I know, that's why I finally quit playing. Just too much hold on their vig.

You would think another company would open up and become the Pinnacle of the fantasy leagues.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    One of my buddies keeps trying to get me to play at DK. I just figure.... it's just another website that could be rigged. If it is or isn't... who's to really say? You don't know everyone's log name. Why couldn't it be rigged?
    It's not rigged.

Well, I guess they could add bogus teams to tournaments. Heads-up games certainly aren't rigged though.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

One of my friends kills it in NBA.....Plays 10-30 buy ins and is non-stop on twitter following beat writers around the NBA for last second injury/lineup news.....Plays the guys that will start in their place for usually no money and there ya go

I don't have the time or patience but he makes a shitload....It can be done

Football is the toughest to me....Treat it like a lotto

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO

The one I won was $27, won $15k

The one I came in 2nd was $3, won $7,500 (first was 10k)

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO

I know, that's why I finally quit playing. Just too much hold on their vig.

You would think another company would open up and become the Pinnacle of the fantasy leagues.
    There are some other sites popping up, but all they can really do is try to get cash game players by offering less rake.

Can't see anything taking much other business from draftkings, simply too much prize money in their GPP's.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

There are some other sites popping up, but all they can really do is try to get cash game players by offering less rake.

Can't see anything taking much other business from draftkings, simply too much prize money in their GPP's.
    Congratulations. That's awesome! The only negative thing about this site is a member can enter a contest 500 times and that makes it an uneven playing field.

The Giant

The one I won was $27, won $15k

The one I came in 2nd was $3, won $7,500 (first was 10k)
    Hell of a job, dude!

Yeah, I guess most people do play the GPP's, which would make it pretty difficult to steal their clientele. I always thought of those as crapshoots, and would usually just play heads-up games, and typically got beat by better players. I swear it seems like I would play the same guys over and over.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Rake is too high to be a grinder. You got to get lucky and win a big one to really make money.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO

Agree 100% with you guys, head to head you see the same people in all the contests. Even the guys playing for $5000, enter the $10 contests as well.

Tournaments are the way to go, id compare it to a poker tournament. You need skill, but there is luck involved as well.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Didn't know Jim Johnson posted on SBR. Congrats Jim!

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    One of my friends kills it in NBA.....Plays 10-30 buy ins and is non-stop on twitter following beat writers around the NBA for last second injury/lineup news.....Plays the guys that will start in their place for usually no money and there ya go

I don't have the time or patience but he makes a shitload....It can be done

Football is the toughest to me....Treat it like a lotto
    NBA is the easiest money, for sure.

When Jarred Jack was starting for D-Wil, Jack was rock bottom minimum salary, and he was getting like 16 points and 7 dishes a night for 2 weeks, allowing cap room for Griffin or Harden and I was cashing regular.

Low to mid range cashes, but it was nice

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Congratulations! You're doing a great job.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

there is Draftkings and Fanduel. I personally like Fan Duel better but Draftkings has taken over. Their logo is on everything. In my opionion, there should be single entry tournaments and not the way it is now. It would show who really is the best.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    there is Draftkings and Fanduel. I personally like Fan Duel better but Draftkings has taken over. Their logo is on everything. In my opionion, there should be single entry tournaments and not the way it is now. It would show who really is the best.
    Do they offer single entry only tournaments?

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    Do they offer single entry only tournaments?
    If they do, it's very little. this is a site focused on guys who want to throw 100 entries into a tournament and that's the part I don't like. On the other hand, they do have good offerings (prizes)

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

all i know is i fukking hate that "ship load of money" commercial. for that reason, i refuse to donate to those sites.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    all i know is i fukking hate that "ship load of money" commercial. for that reason, i refuse to donate to those sites.
    Yeah they really need to work on there advertising although it seems to be working. But for someone like me I see that and already see Red Flags. They should just have someone talk about there big 1 million dollar tournament and how easy it is to play. Instead of showing a 300 lb overweight fuk say "I won 64,000 on draftkings"

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I might try this out. I don't have an account at any of these fantasy sites yet, I will have to do some research now. Do they offer any kind of recruit a friend thing so someone gets credit at least? If yes I already chose Nash because he once showed me that he played there. I think it was DK's? Wonder if Flipper made an account for this fantasy stuff, he had a thread going before.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    Yeah they really need to work on there advertising although it seems to be working. But for someone like me I see that and already see Red Flags. They should just have someone talk about there big 1 million dollar tournament and how easy it is to play. Instead of showing a 300 lb overweight fuk say "I won 64,000 on draftkings"
    not really the content but the frequency of it. they play that shit on every commercial break in every sporting event. it gets annoying as fukk. i think draftkings signed a huge deal with espn to play their commercial or something.

Ra77er

Actually I pass here still. The more I think about it I do not follow twitter like others and take advantage of every piece of player news daily to keep up anymore. It would be flushing more down the toilet I think then necessary.. I'll just keep losing to vegas on parlays and underdogs and live dealers.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

oh please .....

how much they paying you to make this thread?

isn't it enough that we have to listen to those fukkin commercials with the dude jumping up and down after he supposedly won a million dollars?

Ra77er

yea the guy with the cheesy face sweating and he wins is fukkin terrible

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    yea the guy with the cheesy face sweating and he wins is fukkin terrible
    Some of these commercials are really corny. I totally agree.

12 Last