hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

How does betting in movies take place?

I mean in scenes where underground fighting or rooster fights are. Cant recall any specific scene/movie where i have seen it but i am sure we've all seen movies where people/spectators hold money (?) in their hands and run upp to the bookie to place a ( live) bet. It's very chaotic. What are the odds they bet on? How can a bookie remember who's bet is who's with all that paper in his hands?

I hope you get the idea i'm asking about. Answers are welcomed

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

When playing Two Up, which uses a ring like cockfighting, the Boxer is the person that handles the money. But they don't hold all the bets. Players place their bets in front of them before each round and the Boxer goes around the ring and collects the losers and pays the winners afterward.

I think it's the same for dog or rooster fighting.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by hotelis View Post
    I mean in scenes where underground fighting or rooster fights are. Cant recall any specific scene/movie where i have seen it but i am sure we've all seen movies where people/spectators hold money (?) in their hands and run upp to the bookie to place a ( live) bet. It's very chaotic. What are the odds they bet on? How can a bookie remember who's bet is who's with all that paper in his hands?

I hope you get the idea i'm asking about. Answers are welcomed
    thats an interesting question...

i guess they get good at it with practice.