TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Matt Holliday reinjured

Guy tore his quad. He is back on dl. Cleanup guy for cards gone. What now for card fans

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 271

Twelve years ago Matt Holliday started his career with the Rockies. Could he end his career in Colorado as well? He's not ruling it out.
    According to Troy Renck of KMGH-TV 7, Holliday would "definitely consider" a return to the Rockies, even if it means playing first base full-time.

"I don't have any idea of what my market will be but if they were competitive with their offer I'd definitely consider it," Holliday said.
    Holliday, who turns 37 in January, played with the Rockies from 2004-08 before being traded away one year prior to free agency. He was traded to the Athletics, then to the Cardinals, before re-signing with St. Louis as a free agent during 2009-10 offseason. The Cardinals declined his $17 million option earlier this offseason.

Although he's spent almost his entire career as a left fielder, Holliday did play 10 games at first base in 2016, and at this point of his career, that seems to be his best position. His outfield defense has eroded with age, and keeping Holliday at first base might help keep him healthier and more productive deep into the season.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/ml...medium=twitter