Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

When to buy gold, when to sell gold. Really easy.

Gold sinks to 7 year lows as I write this.

This has become one of the easiest trade signals out there to recognize. You don't need to follow news, you don't need to see what China is doing, you don't have to know how to read a chart. The answers are right in front of you, and have always been.

When the world is doing everything it can to give you gold, ie hour-long gold coin infomercials on TV (which charge ridiculous premiums BTW, never buy from them) telling you what a great investment it is, and how much it was worth 2 years ago (WTF? Why should we give a shit about that?), SELL SELL SELL. These people don't care about their reputation, they just want to dump their gold holdings and bounce. They did it before, you just don't remember back that far, and now they're back to pillage again.

They're telling you how the economy is going to crash and gold is all we'll have left (This has never come close to happening, and there are measures in place to make sure it never does, but there's no money in mentioning this, so fuk it, right? Doom and gloom is what sells, yeah!!). They are saying how gold is bottoming out and now is the chance to come in. They have no idea if any of these things are going to happen. They have no basis for anything they're telling you. Anyone could stand up here and say things like that, but they expect you to fall for their credibility because they're wearing a suit, and they may have held a job at some financial institution awhile back (so what?). They're not making money from that place now, so they need to find a way to get paid somehow.

They've never been right. And they don't care, because they've already made their money off of you, and you've forgotten about them by now.

So when do you buy?

You buy when the world is trying to GET your gold from you. When Cash4Gold places are popping up everywhere, with neon lights and sign flippers begging you to come trade your gold in for dimes on the dollar. They wouldn't go through all this effort if they knew the bottom was falling out of gold anytime soon. By the time gold started its realized decline back in 2013, most Cash4Gold places had packed up and left town. Some are still around, because they're still raping you no matter what, but the companies that own those places knew that the boom was over and sat back and started counting their riches as gold lost more than 35% of its value. They'll be back, in full force, and the dumbass populous will forget what happened before, and the same cycle will continue. But this time, you'll know exactly what to do.

Nowhere on earth is there an investment to where the world will GIVE YOU the answers to the puzzle like this, and that's why I felt compelled to point this out. This is +EV stuff here fellas, and that's like finding a leprechaun these days on betting forums.

Ignore everyone out there on TV and the forums that has some goofy speculation on where gold is heading. They're all guessing. Anyone can do that -- it's not impressive at all. In fact, it's pretty lazy. Sit back, and let the universe tell you exactly what to do. They will. When it comes to gold, they always have.
    Points Awarded:

Darkside Magick gave Ralphie Halves 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Darkside Magick

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Buy in 1999, sell in 2011.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

I like platinum right now at 980

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    I like platinum right now at 980
    Can you tell us why you think that?

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

$960....lmao..that shyt going to below $700...I do this for a living!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Its a pure guess like all stocks and commodities ..nobody knows

It is a price extreme like many of the commodities so its a pot odds buy type of play but Gold can go to 800..eventually it should go back to 1500 though

Impossible to have zero volatility in markets like it is now

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

ralphie your post makes no sense

cash4gold started with a super bowl ad in 2009 when gold prices were above 900

the time to buy was 10 year cycle, like everything else

hold stocks from jan 1 1990 until jan 1 2000
    hold gold from jan 1 2000 until jan 1 2010
    hold stocks again jan 1 2010 until jan 1 2020

look at those charts

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Its a pure guess like all stocks and commodities ..nobody knows

It is a price extreme like many of the commodities so its a pot odds buy type of play but Gold can go to 800..eventually it should go back to 1500 though

Impossible to have zero volatility in markets like it is now

Not true at all...analysts or really your avg.guy who has a understanding of Japanese candlesticks or Gann indicatos can tell you.

The problem stems from disinformation from cnbc and other outlets

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

lol does anyone in this thread actually think you're seeing the real price of gold? Especially silver for that matter?

jjgold

Charts mean nothing because if they did everyone would be rich

Its all random

niltes
    niltes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

I can find you 100+ experts that can guarantee you gold
    will be below $1,000 soon. I can also find you 100+ experts
    that will guarantee that the price will be $1,500 + or more
    in the next few years. both sides can show you irrefutable
    logic and history that they are correct.

the fact is that they really do NOT know.
    cash4gold stores open when prices are high because
    there is an active market that they can exploit; not
    because they have a clue about future price movements.

if I were considering buying gold, i would opt for silver
    instead as its price movements usually track gold, but
    tend to move up or down at a higher %.

also I prefer electronic gold + silver compared to holding
    the physical metal. the reasons are that transaction costs
    are lower, greater ease of buying + selling (inc selling short),
    ability to use leverage + options to increase profit or lower
    risk, and no storage costs or theft worries.

hope this helps

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Can you tell us why you think that?
    There is a lot less platinum in the world than gold, and it has a lot more industrial applications. Any time you can get platinum for 100+ less than gold I think its a good buy.

jjgold

Just like Netflix and Facebook price so high and overvalued but could keep going up

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    ralphie your post makes no sense

cash4gold started with a super bowl ad in 2009 when gold prices were above 900
    Yes, and then gold doubled in value after that. So I'm not sure what your argument is.

You don't trade the tops and bottoms. You get in when you know a big run is going to happen, regardless of where price stands at the time.

Ralphie Halves

Its all random
    Spoken like a guy who can't make money in the market. And then you continue to give advice.

Charts mean a lot, you just can't read one properly, so you dismiss them instead.

And if it really was random, you wouldn't see the same traders making good money year after year.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

good advice ralphie. everything in the world, and that includes gold and silver, are manipulated. there will never be shortage of gold or silver as long as there are mines.

but if the dollar does crash and there is hyperinflation, price of gold and silver will have to go up no matter the manipulation.

when do you think they will bottom out? i can't afford gold but i am thinking about purchasing some silver when it gets to $10. do you think it'll get to $10? some people said $15 is the bottom but now it's below that so who really knows huh?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

How do I get my gold back that FDR took.

jjgold

nobody knows when a bottom is

its why traders go broke

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Its all random
    JJgold with that insight. Technical Analysis is the biggest fraud ever perpetrated. Voodoo chart reading. If you just buy this system, we can tell you how to interpret patterns. If we are wrong, it just becomes another pattern. Eventually we will be right.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    JJgold with that insight. Technical Analysis is the biggest fraud ever perpetrated. Voodoo chart reading. If you just buy this system, we can tell you how to interpret patterns. If we are wrong, it just becomes another pattern. Eventually we will be right.
    Said every guy who never bothered to learn how to read a chart ever. I make my living off of technical analysis.

I will say that most of what you are taught when you learn it is obsolete and only works sometimes, leaving you breakeven or down money. You have to go around that and find a way that works better. It can be done.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    good advice ralphie. everything in the world, and that includes gold and silver, are manipulated. there will never be shortage of gold or silver as long as there are mines.

but if the dollar does crash and there is hyperinflation, price of gold and silver will have to go up no matter the manipulation.

when do you think they will bottom out? i can't afford gold but i am thinking about purchasing some silver when it gets to $10. do you think it'll get to $10? some people said $15 is the bottom but now it's below that so who really knows huh?
    nobody knows when a bottom is

its why traders go broke
    4th shift jj gets it. People who try and pick tops and bottoms get destroyed over and over again. Don't bother, you'll only become one of them.

I'm what's called a follow-through trader, meaning I use charts to determine when a move up or down is legit (after it's already gone that way a bit) and I jump on board when everything comes together.

I have no long-term prognosis, because those things are worthless. Nobody knows, they can only guess and hope they're right so they can look smart. If they're wrong, everybody else probably got it wrong to, so no big deal. It's like posing a +900 bet online. If it wins, you're super cool and smart, if it loses, it was supposed to lose, so who cares?

So I can't answer your question GK, sorry. I will say I never understood this hyperinflation scare and why people think the dollar is going to crash. People trying to sell you gold in bad gold markets are the majority of people saying this. People have been saying this crap for 30 years. They've been wrong the whole way, but time passes to where people don't even remember who said it. It's a win/win for the quacks of the world. We're not fukking Zimbabwe, we have systems in place that don't allow this to happen. When the economy crashes, the value of the US Dollar actually goes way up.

jjgold

Gold can go down to $600 we just do not know

Is Volatility the best play on the board?

Ralphie Halves

Gold can go down to $600 we just do not know

Is Volatility the best play on the board?
    What, like trading the VIX? Tough one to trade.