jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rory McIlroy has a "10% chance" of playing in the British Open....Hurt Playing Soccer

(CNN)Rory McIlroy has a "10% chance" of playing in the British Open after the world's No. 1 golfer ruptured his ankle ligaments while playing soccer.

The Northern Irishman posted a picture on Instagram of him on crutches, explaining the injury occurred during a game with friends on Saturday.

"Total rupture of left ATFL (ankle ligament) and associated joint capsule damage in a soccer kickabout with friends on Saturday," the four-time major winner said in the caption accompanying the picture.
    "Continuing to assess extent of injury and treatment plan day by day. Rehab already started..... Working hard to get back as soon as I can."

A spokeswoman for McIlroy's management company told CNN there is a "10% chance" of the 26-year-old participating in the 2015 Open when it begins at St. Andrews on July 16.
    He is definitely out of this weekend's Scottish Open, taking place in East Lothian.

McIlroy, who lifted the Claret Jug last year, will have more scans on Monday, according to his management, and is under the 24-7 supervision of fitness expert and sport scientist Dr. Steven McGregor.
    Jordan Spieth is many bookmakers' favorite to triumph this time around, with the American looking to win a third successive major following victories at the Masters and the U.S. Open.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Coach quit stealing LT profits thunder man...there might be trouble you keep this up

jjgold

Why are these guys playing other sports when sponsors paying them 100 million dollars??

If I was a sponsor I would void contracts

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Why are these guys playing other sports when sponsors paying them 100 million dollars??

If I was a sponsor I would void contracts
    what? why?

this is not a team sport. He is an individual and this injury only hurts him.

His sponsorship with Nike was meant to help sell golf clubs to weekend warriors and yuppies.

BTW i like his kitchen chairs those are dope.

jjgold

Bear come at me

Watch Rory play

All drama

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Bear come at me

Watch Rory play

All drama
    he won at Quail Hollow

jjgold

He is really having now and still thinks he could play it's possible with an ankle injury

jjgold

I think he is now officially OUT

yydouble
    Golf Expert
    yydouble's Avatar Become A Pro!

His ankle is F-ked up. Fade him when he comes back. It will be 4 months before he doesn't think about it.
    Totally severed ligament.
    Fukkin soccer.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11488

Rory spends so much time blowing smoke up the azz of other athletes in other sports (ie, patronizing the hell out of other markets in hopes to broaden his own appeal) that he ... starts to play other sports. Talk about taking your eye off the ball!

Go Spieth and while we're here fuk Nike Golf.

LEOLEO
    LEOLEO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2409

Goldy.....whats the plan ?
    what tables you hitting with the new 10k? whats the plan ? i need to be kept in the light

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by yydouble View Post
    His ankle is F-ked up. Fade him when he comes back. It will be 4 months before he doesn't think about it.
    Totally severed ligament.
    Fukkin soccer.
    Yeah, this is going to be a problem for Rory for a long time. If he adapts his swing due to injury, a la Tiger, he may never swing the same again.