htown1
    htown1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Sacramento Kings owner is an idiot

First he fires Mike Malone last year because he doesn't play the upbeat tempo he wants the team to play. Apparently he wanted them to defend with only 4 players. They were over .500 before Cousins got injured last year and were actually playing solid basketball. They fall off after Cousins misses time and Malone gets fired. George Karl and his run and gun style seems like a good fit so he gets hired, however now apparently he wants to get rid of Cousins as he doesn't fit into his system, and Karl is in danger of losing his job. Not to mention Karl is the 5th coach Cousins is working with and Malone was probably the first one who got the max out of Cousins and had him playing some defense and controlling his temper on the court. Firing Malone was obviously a bad choice and you would think when hiring George Karl they would discuss the future of the "superstar" of the team. Not sure what head coach would want to work there if Karl gets canned in less than a year.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Karl is a loser

Too old.....doing it for money

Nobody meaning players respect old men

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

and this dumpster fire is moving into a brand spanking new arena next year.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16125

And then they trade away Stauskas and a pick in a salary dump so they can get into the FA action -of course! Who wouldn't want to come to Sacramento as a FA?

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Old GM Pete delassandro was a big problem as well. He is with Denver now

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

They would look much worse were it not for the Knicks.

ROBIN LOPEZ???

Cmon.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Lopez is solid. Name a better center they can get?

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    And then they trade away Stauskas and a pick in a salary dump so they can get into the FA action -of course! Who wouldn't want to come to Sacramento as a FA?
    The problem with the Stauskas + 1st round swaps + Landry & Thompson salary dumps transaction is that it came AFTER both the draft and the initial FA signings on July 1st. Sixers laughed all the way to the bank on that one, plus they can always do something with Stauskas.

Kings front office just doesn't have a clue. That said, I don't blame them for wanting to hang onto Cousins, but the coaching situation is at an impasse. If they're truly committed to Cousins, fine. So the only option in that case is to fire Karl which would only hurt the owner's personal bottom line, not the team's.

Kings should just offer Mark Jackson the job. While he's definitely a bit looney, he deserves another shot and can at least get the team playing better defense. Players would probably like him a lot more than Karl. Thing is, even Jackson might not touch that job despite his seemingly current blacklist from the NBA. But Kings fans would love Jackson as well, since they're very familiar with his contributions to the Warriors.

nelsonrc24
    nelsonrc24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1089

Bellineli, Cousins and Rondo

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16125

Whacko Jacko i more than a bit looney I would stick with Karl and tell he & cousins to sort it out. Reminds me of the larry brown - allen iverson situation. Larry was at the end of his career and felt "i don't need to take this sh1t, get rid of the kid or fire me". Pat Croche was able to mediate. Divac needs to do that. He was brought in specifically for that type of thing. Time to earn his keep!

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Kings sign Koufos and now have 3 Centers. I'm sure they'll try to play one of them at PF, but none are a good fit at the 4. Too funny.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

How the hell do you give away last year's 1st rd pick, a future 1st round pick, two bench players AND the rights for a team to swap spots in the 1st round for two years....all for two foreign players picked in the 2nd rd this year that will never play! Just to dump the salaries so MAYBE you can sign somebody? Stauskas didn't do squat but he wasn't given a chance really. I say he turns out to be a starter somewhere down the line. He'll get a chance to play in Philly with no real depth in the backcourt. Just insane