t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I swear the lakers won't give up there own way of thinking. I listened to this dumbfukk okafor on the herd this morning. Guy has to be retarded.
    He's too slow to thrive in this league. He'll be a good player and put up some numbers but LA would be better off going for Cousins.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Towns will be a dominant center in this league. He reminds me of Bynum in his prime but better defensively.

greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

I might be kings fan again if they trade boogie. Dude always plays out of position and lazy as hell. Cant believe kings paid him 65 mil or whatever. Trade his ass and get scot pallard back.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Gay/Collison/Cousins was a good trio, but all of them had injuries this year. If they learn to play together with a good coach they should make the playoffs next year minus more injuries.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

No he isn't. Coach k even said he needs to work harder. Guy isn't going to amount to anything in the nba. The lakers have an obsession with big centres.
    We will have to see but I think he will be good. He didn't work as hard in college because he was used to being able to dominant every single big man on offense. Plus he was only a freshman. I've been a duke fan for a long time but I'm not blind in knowing how most duke draft players turn into wastes. I just think him and justice are going to be special players in the league. I like tyus alot too because of his competitiveness but I'm not sure if that will be enough. Lets revisit this in the middle of the next season

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

When Lakers had a superstar who is also a good team player, like Magic back in the day, they do better. It is hard to match a team around Lebron because he is so self contained.... A walking juggernaut.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    He's too slow to thrive in this league. He'll be a good player and put up some numbers but LA would be better off going for Cousins.
    Cousins is going to cost too much. Hes a great player but if you have to get rid of randle, clarkson and the number 3 whats really the point?

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Towns will be a dominant center in this league. He reminds me of Bynum in his prime but better defensively.
    Remember how long it took bynum to realize he could be good though and then his prime didnt last long. People love towns because of his big body. I just think he looks mentally retarded and sometimes outside of davis these kentucky kids take too long to get going in the nba. He will probably be successful though.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Lakers could be on their way back if they can get Cousins.

It would give Love even more incentive to sign with the Lakers.

And with Cousins and Love in place, Westbrook might join in 2017 (or maybe by next offseason if he tells the Thunder he won't re-sign in 2017).

Equally as important, Lakers could actually land a good coach again.

That said, I'd only be willing to give up the #2 and Randle to get Cousins. Can't include Clarkson too, no way. Randle would be fine, especially if it means replacing him with Love.

2015/16: Cousins, Love, Kobe, Clarkson

2016/17: Cousins, Love, Clarkson (or Westbrook if Clarkson traded in potential Westbrook deal)

2017/18: Cousins, Love, Westbrook (if Westbrook signs as UFA in 2 years)

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No way Lakers getting Cousins

Sac would be insane to give him up

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

gotta think on how the conference is gonna shape up also. cousins is a beast but is it worth building a team around a big who isnt named shaquille o'neal?

existential

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    No way Lakers getting Cousins

Sac would be insane to give him up
    Insane? Not sure about that. But trading him within the division certainly wouldn't go down well with the fans, especially to the Lakers of all teams.

That said, where there's smoke there's fire, and Cousins has been a problem for both the Kings' coaching staff and front office for a while now. To think that the Kings wouldn't strongly consider trading him is foolish. They already know he'll never re-sign with them once his current deal expires, so they might as well be proactive.

And the word is, the Lakers are offering the best package with the #2 (likely Okafor), Randle, and maybe another. And if that other is Clarkson, it'd be pretty hard for the Kings to pass-up. That would be 3 very cheap and very young starters who all have very solid upsides. For a team like the Kings who can't attract premiere free agents, that would really be the only smart way to try and build a solid foundation.

Let's put it this way, if any team other than the Lakers were currently offering a similar package to the Kings, Cousins would've already been traded.

jjgold

I would love to see Cousins with Cavs

Guy is a stud

existential

Quote Originally Posted by adila1401 View Post
    Bros Boogie Cousins is a beast..I think he will flourish next year as the Kings probably get Ty Lawson. Problem is he plays with a bunch of bums but I think George Carl is gonna turn that ship around. Lakers suck and will such for the foreseeable future with Kobe "me" Bryant. As for Okafor, I don't think he is as good as ESPN is making him out to be as he rarely plays defense and if he does, gets in foul trouble.
    Huh? Next season is Kobe's last, unless he somehow has a great year and ends-up coming back an additional year as a bench guy for pretty cheap. So he's pretty much a non-issue now.

Biggest problems for the Lakers are ownership and coaching. Ownership will be the toughest one to sort through, whereas they can attract a good coach once they land some key players again.. which they will inevitably do.

Heck, even if they don't get Cousins or Love this offseason, they'll still have Okafor, Randle, and Clarkson as pieces plus be free of Kobe's huge contract a year from now. At that point, they'll have plenty of cap room to sign at least one elite UFA in 2016. A good coach will then be interested. So they're looking at a much improved situation pretty quickly.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Rockets just jumped in and are offering DMo, Nick Johnson and two 1st Rounders for Cousins.

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    Rockets just jumped in and are offering DMo, Nick Johnson and two 1st Rounders for Cousins.
    no they haven't....

Sledge187

Quote Originally Posted by bob6199 View Post
    no they haven't....
    I know, I made it up.

jjgold

Everyone writes these could pose well we all know next year the same few teams will be right there again no matter what changes most teams make

existential

LMFAO this is getting good. George Karl might just get fired instead, which would appease Cousins, the owner, and Vlade.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

lets be real clear...boogie cousins is not going anywhere!

the problem was hiring this retread...he dont coach..he just roll the ball out and tell cats to play like it is the rec league

karl will be gone before boogie...the players run the league!

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Quote Originally Posted by adila1401 View Post
    Bros Boogie Cousins is a beast..I think he will flourish next year as the Kings probably get Ty Lawson. Problem is he plays with a bunch of bums but I think George Carl is gonna turn that ship around. Lakers suck and will such for the foreseeable future with Kobe "me" Bryant. As for Okafor, I don't think he is as good as ESPN is making him out to be as he rarely plays defense and if he does, gets in foul trouble.
    I still have faith in George Karl.

Sledge187

Can not believe they would get rid of Cousins especially to the Lakers? Sacramento should just fold.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    LMFAO this is getting good. George Karl might just get fired instead, which would appease Cousins, the owner, and Vlade.

that way the kings will continue to go 20-62 and life will be like normal.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Just trade cousins. Next year, the year after, and after, the Kings will be a bottom dweller with this guy as the key player to the team.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

George Karl is not a retread. He's had real success more than once, and shown to be an upper-tier coach. Mike Brown is a retread. He might be the best example of one in a long time. Teams still think he's a viable option sometimes. Those GMs make too much money.

existential

that way the kings will continue to go 20-62 and life will be like normal.
    There's all sorts of funny stories going on here. Apparently, when Karl first started pushing to trade Cousins months ago, he wanted to ship him to Denver for Lawson, Faried, and Wilson Chandler. As clueless of an owner that Vivek Ranadive is and as hilarious it is having Vlade as GM, I'd laugh at Karl too for even suggesting that.

Bottom line, the situation has reached a point of no return, so either Cousins or Karl has to go. Seems like many Kings fans are starting to sway towards the side of rather seeing Cousins go, especially if it means they can land at least the #2 and Randle while also possibly dumping Carl Landry's contract. The asking price for Cousins can only plummet the longer the impasse between Karl, Cousins, and the front office lasts. And if the Kings don't get rid of either, then it's a lock Cousins never re-signs once his contract is up.

existential

the Kings have completely melted down. taking WCS at #6 while insisting they won't trade Cousins? something stinks badly. WCS can probably defend the PF position pretty well, but the Kings are already overloaded with 4 PF's. he's best suited at Center, but would be totally inadequate as a potential replacement for Cousins. this franchise is a complete mess, simply incredible.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    George Karl is not a retread. He's had real success more than once, and shown to be an upper-tier coach. Mike Brown is a retread. He might be the best example of one in a long time. Teams still think he's a viable option sometimes. Those GMs make too much money.
    Last time he did any type of coaching was in Seattle.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    There's all sorts of funny stories going on here. Apparently, when Karl first started pushing to trade Cousins months ago, he wanted to ship him to Denver for Lawson, Faried, and Wilson Chandler. As clueless of an owner that Vivek Ranadive is and as hilarious it is having Vlade as GM, I'd laugh at Karl too for even suggesting that.

Bottom line, the situation has reached a point of no return, so either Cousins or Karl has to go. Seems like many Kings fans are starting to sway towards the side of rather seeing Cousins go, especially if it means they can land at least the #2 and Randle while also possibly dumping Carl Landry's contract. The asking price for Cousins can only plummet the longer the impasse between Karl, Cousins, and the front office lasts. And if the Kings don't get rid of either, then it's a lock Cousins never re-signs once his contract is up.
    That doesnt sound like abad trade proposal to be honest

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Last time he did any type of coaching was in Seattle.
    He took the nuggets to the west finals and lost to the champ lakers in 09.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

No matter what you think of Karl the Queens are not gonna do any better. With exception of a few very exciting years in Maloofs ownership this franchise has always been a disaster. Coaches with rings and up/coming talent go where the stars are and they can win. They don't go to teams with a disaster of a front office and a pile of rubble to work with and try to rebuild.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    No matter what you think of Karl the Queens are not gonna do any better. With exception of a few very exciting years in Maloofs ownership this franchise has always been a disaster. Coaches with rings and up/coming talent go where the stars are and they can win. They don't go to teams with a disaster of a front office and a pile of rubble to work with and try to rebuild.
    Karl has rings?

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Where did I say that LB? Said coaches with rings or hot prodigies don't go to a wasteland franchise. Never said Karl has any but still a respected coach and about the best they could land. Nice looking draft tonight by your Lakers! How you see Julius and Nance situation working or you think 1 gets shipped in a package or multi team deal?

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Where did I say that LB? Said coaches with rings or hot prodigies don't go to a wasteland franchise. Never said Karl has any but still a respected coach and about the best they could land. Nice looking draft tonight by your Lakers! How you see Julius and Nance situation working or you think 1 gets shipped in a package or multi team deal?
    I think the lakers have to give Randle a small look but that is risky cause he hasn't played. I like what the show did. I am very happy. Kupchak has always been sharp.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Cousins for Russell

First 12345 Last