jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It's over for Pete Rose he bet on baseball as a player 1986

yeah you're a scumbag and you'll never get in the Hall of Fame and who knows if he bet his whole career and fixed games

Report is on ESPN and all newswires

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5338

Pete is no Cheat! This is all old news baldy!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    yeah you're a scumbag and you'll never get in the Hall of Fame and who knows if he bet his whole career and fixed games

Report is on ESPN and all newswires

the Hall Of Fame is overrated man. It means nothing.

htown1
    htown1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

why is this even a story 20 years later? . You don't become a gambler/degerate/action junkie overnight as a gambling forum I would think most posters would have the mindset to think he was betting and betting heavily throughout his career whether he was playing or managing. Guy probably still bets a ton just not under his own name.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Pete did WHAT???!!!

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

I still say there's nothing wrong with what he did as long as hes being truthful that he never bet against his own team. Most managers and coaches would get more out of their squads if they had personal money on the line.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5338

Quote Originally Posted by htown1 View Post
    why is this even a story 20 years later? . You don't become a gambler/degerate/action junkie overnight as a gambling forum I would think most posters would have the mindset to think he was betting and betting heavily throughout his career whether he was playing or managing. Guy probably still bets a ton just not under his own name.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11653

OTL just tombstoned rose straight to hell!!
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-22-15 at 11:48 AM. Reason: image does not exist

jjgold

It was never questioned when he played that he even bet on baseball that is the big story

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    I still say there's nothing wrong with what he did as long as hes being truthful that he never bet against his own team. Most managers and coaches would get more out of their squads if they had personal money on the line.
    Here's the problem with this logic: if you don't bet on your team EVERY game, you're essentially betting against them. Let's say I wanna lay big money on my team, but I like the pitching matchup tomorrow a lot better than today. You don't think that'll have an impact on how I manage today's game? Of course it does. You may save your best middle reliever for tomorrow, or your subs, etc. It ruins the legitimacy of the game, period.
    Points Awarded:

htown1 gave James Marques 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

crackerjack gave James Marques 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

baseballstud gave James Marques 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stealthyburrito

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273425

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
    Here's the problem with this logic: if you don't bet on your team EVERY game, you're essentially betting against them. Let's say I wanna lay big money on my team, but I like the pitching matchup tomorrow a lot better than today. You don't think that'll have an impact on how I manage today's game? Of course it does. You may save your best middle reliever for tomorrow, or your subs, etc. It ruins the legitimacy of the game, period.
    hahahah this stupic league has fans voting for something called the all star game which decides who gets home field for the biggest event they have the World Series

and you worry about the legitimacy of the game???

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12906

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    He did bet on his own team. He said he always bet them to win ???? Sure he did.

SharpAngles

Yes, if Pete was selectively betting his team I could see the conflict of interest but I always got the degen vibe from Rose. More that than the opposite calculated manipulator of games. He probably laid 180 bets every season and figured if they had a winning record he'd kill it.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm sure he also lacked money management skills and was out of action for periods of time. I would imagine the player's felt his wrath when he would go busto. Can you imagine what the locker room felt like after pete lost the all in not to mention the actual game itself

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    I'm sure he also lacked money management skills and was out of action for periods of time. I would imagine the player's felt his wrath when he would go busto. Can you imagine what the locker room felt like after pete lost the all in not to mention the actual game itself

Too funny

Not many know that this famous fight was over the fielder erroring and losing Pete his under. Ol Rose just couldnt contain the fury of losing his bankroll until next payday.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ra77er

SomeDayinBuffalo
    SomeDayinBuffalo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1213

All of this was talked about when he first went down for betting. They just could not prove that he placed bets when he was playing because they didn't have it in paper. With him betting against his own team it's just hard to think he never did it. Pete lied the whole time till he needed money and put a book out. With how much he was in debt with mob people I cant see how the only thing he didn't do was to bet against his own team.

jjgold

The story getting bigger now

He is a snake

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Guy is the man....It's us as a professional MLB'er and JJ bashes him ....HA....the real snakes are the biggest old school names in baseball...thats when the MOB literally controlled them/they wanted to do it...UFC fighters bet on themselves all the time....why not--investing in yourself...lol...

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

his #'s clearly indicate he threw games and at bats''''
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeDayinBuffalo View Post
    All of this was talked about when he first went down for betting. They just could not prove that he placed bets when he was playing because they didn't have it in paper. With him betting against his own team it's just hard to think he never did it. Pete lied the whole time till he needed money and put a book out. With how much he was in debt with mob people I cant see how the only thing he didn't do was to bet against his own team.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

The story getting bigger now

He is a snake
    Getting kinda high and mighty there. Everyone knows, you woulda shaved points for some cole cuts and a handful of oriole cookies.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

No matter what he did he will always be baseball's hits leader.

baseballstud
    baseballstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 468

Agree with lakeboy betting or not. Guy hustled and played the game hard every game and is a hall of gamer regardless. If that was motivated by gambling then hell I wish they all did.

Everybody knows pro athletes bet. Yes shouldn't be on your own sport but a few friends of mine who are pro bet everything under the sun but baseball. Everybody gambles. Even your trash collector

jjgold

If petey bet baseball as a players and they got the facts right he never gets in and should not even be on fox

Ra77er

Quote Originally Posted by baseballstud View Post
    Agree with lakeboy betting or not. Guy hustled and played the game hard every game and is a hall of gamer regardless. If that was motivated by gambling then hell I wish they all did.

Everybody knows pro athletes bet. Yes shouldn't be on your own sport but a few friends of mine who are pro bet everything under the sun but baseball. Everybody gambles. Even your trash collector
    So the real sharps stay away from baseball because it's corrupt?

baseballstud

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    So the real sharps stay away from baseball because it's corrupt?
    YES

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

Bases and baskets easiest sports to rig.

Ra77er

Unreal. I guess women's soccer it is.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

So what ? I bet this kind of stuff happenned all the time back in the olden days.
    Players didn't make a lot of money back then.

There are already players in the Hall who bet on games.
    You can count on that !!!

Ra77er

Wonder who Pete is on in the Dodgers game

jjgold

Pete is a jerkoff in real life

I think if he was honest from day 1 he would of been in hall a long time ago

just a gambling junkie

baseballstud

Pete is a jerkoff in real life

I think if he was honest from day 1 he would of been in hall a long time ago

just a gambling junkie
    Yah but at least his 34 year old asian huge fake boobs fiance loves him for who he is, not the fame and money he has. he has that at least

yydouble
    Golf Expert
    yydouble's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hate this time of year.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

The bookies notebook is hilarious http://espn.go.com/pdf/2015/0621/espn_otl_roseslip.pdf

Ra77er

-3600 Jesus mary pete and I need to go out for nachos sometime

12 Last