yydouble
    Golf Expert
    yydouble's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, the overall field has improved and become more worldly without a doubt.

Your knowledge of golf seems sophisticated to say the least.

So here is my point:
    If you ask a natural fader to draw it, is he as comfortable as he would be if you had asked him to fade it?

yydouble
    Golf Expert

Quote Originally Posted by lotterypick87 View Post
    Justin Rose -400 to make the cut seems like a lock.
    Yes it does. Without an injury it's hard to imagine him not being in the top 25 let alone the top half. He does have that wrist thing from time to time.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

What an absolute bullshit gimmick course. JOKE!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think the winner is +2

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    The last time Phil won a major was a similar course and that week too people asked how can Phil win on a links course.

"Course does not fit him" is not applicable to top notch golfers any more.

I like Phil, Furyk and Day. Of course Speith, Rory are front runners but at the price I am getting they are not bettable.
    a win is a win but wasnt that a little flukey wasnt he down like 4 shots going into the back nine> he has never been a factor at the british open. i dont know why everyone is running with him either and mcilroy is under the radar. good chance spieth will be up there

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Prop - Will Woods make the cut? Yes @ +105 for 1 unit

don't remember my last bet on golf... might be my first ever

lotterypick87
    lotterypick87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    Prop - Will Woods make the cut? Yes @ +105 for 1 unit
    don't remember my last bet on golf... might be my first ever
    You would have been better off with taking the other side. In fact that's probably a lock. He has no chance to make the cut unless something has changed dramatically in the last 2 weeks.

lotterypick87

I like Rickie Fowler a lot this week also.

jjgold

I forgot about fowler

Good bet

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Quote Originally Posted by yydouble View Post
    Yes, the overall field has improved and become more worldly without a doubt.

Your knowledge of golf seems sophisticated to say the least.

So here is my point:
    If you ask a natural fader to draw it, is he as comfortable as he would be if you had asked him to fade it?

Simple answer: NO but my point is that if that is what is required out of a player who has experience, talent and the utmost desire to win this tournament then he will get it done. While it does not necessarily turns into a W but he won't be out there looking like me or you who would have no clue what to do on a course which doesn't suit his eye.

I am sure you would know how much work Mickelson puts before each major specially the US Open and now more so because he is no longer interested in winning regular tournaments and all his focus is on that one elusive major where he has finished 2nd so many times.

thunderous
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    a win is a win but wasnt that a little flukey wasnt he down like 4 shots going into the back nine> he has never been a factor at the british open. i dont know why everyone is running with him either and mcilroy is under the radar. good chance spieth will be up there
    No I don't think it was a fluke...it wasn't like the field handed it to him like Jean van de Velde blew what 6 shots lead on the back nine or Greg Norman at August. I don't remember if he was 4 down but if he was then its an even greater accomplishment.

As for not being a factor that was earlier in his career when he didn't really care about British Open and played literally just the British outside of PGA Tour. Nowadays all these players play all over the world and with exposure comes the niche to play and compete. A few years ago he won the Scottish open too and that obviously was at a links course.

yydouble
    Golf Expert

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    What an absolute bullshit gimmick course. JOKE!
    Sergio checking in.

yydouble
    Golf Expert

Good points Thunder...

Did you ever think you'd see the day that Tiger is a dog to make a cut?

Wow how the mighty have fallen.

He won't make the cut. Vegas is correct again

CWD
    Update your status

No I don't think it was a fluke...it wasn't like the field handed it to him like Jean van de Velde blew what 6 shots lead on the back nine or Greg Norman at August. I don't remember if he was 4 down but if he was then its an even greater accomplishment.

As for not being a factor that was earlier in his career when he didn't really care about British Open and played literally just the British outside of PGA Tour. Nowadays all these players play all over the world and with exposure comes the niche to play and compete. A few years ago he won the Scottish open too and that obviously was at a links course.

ok so hes been playing golf for what 20 years now, had just 2 good tourney on links courses. he has a shot this week but when you break it down he really hasnt shown anything to expect anything great saying. if it comes down to him and rory he will cower like he did last year and all those years to tiger, thats just him.

thunderous
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by yydouble View Post
    Good points Thunder...

Did you ever think you'd see the day that Tiger is a dog to make a cut?

Wow how the mighty have fallen.

He won't make the cut. Vegas is correct again
    Unbelievable....would have never thought.

thunderous
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    ok so hes been playing golf for what 20 years now, had just 2 good tourney on links courses. he has a shot this week but when you break it down he really hasnt shown anything to expect anything great saying. if it comes down to him and rory he will cower like he did last year and all those years to tiger, thats just him.
    To each his own. I would never bet a favorite be it Rory or Speith to win a Golf tournament at such prices. Nobody has a magic ball to pick a winner everyone is trying to find value and I find value in Mickelson and others over Rory and Rose because I am talking strictly from betting point of view. Your reasoning is like my 12 year old's who is convinced that Rory will win because he is the best golfer in the world and there isn't a player that can beat him....
    Btw Tiger who? the same guy that is a dog to make the cut this week? Times change my friend....10 years ago it was Tiger who was hungry and on a mission to get to 19 Majors while Mickelson was chilling. Now its Mickelson who's chasing a grand slam while Tiger wants to go home as soon as possible on a Friday.

lotterypick87

Gotta love FIGJAM this week. Nobody is going to be motivated to win more than him. Plus he found some form coming into this week & his short game is going to bail him out more than 99% of the field. I play professionally on the mini tours and I've heard some hilarious stories about Phil.

lotterypick87

Phil and Rose are both -400 to make the cut with my bookie but he'll only take $1k for a prop. Both should be locks. I probably trust Phil a little more bc of his short game and experience.

CWD
    Update your status

To each his own. I would never bet a favorite be it Rory or Speith to win a Golf tournament at such prices. Nobody has a magic ball to pick a winner everyone is trying to find value and I find value in Mickelson and others over Rory and Rose because I am talking strictly from betting point of view. Your reasoning is like my 12 year old's who is convinced that Rory will win because he is the best golfer in the world and there isn't a player that can beat him....
    Btw Tiger who? the same guy that is a dog to make the cut this week? Times change my friend....10 years ago it was Tiger who was hungry and on a mission to get to 19 Majors while Mickelson was chilling. Now its Mickelson who's chasing a grand slam while Tiger wants to go home as soon as possible on a Friday.
    i didnt say rory was going to win, i said if it comes down to hiim and phil rhat phil has no shot. tiger was always in his head and im sure he is just as intimidated with rory after last year. thats just phil.

and 16-1 isnt enough value imo either when the favorites are at 8-1. im keeping it simple 1 bet then maybe bet someone who has an off day with longer odds on fri or sat. BOL.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I am taking Tiger

CWD
    Update your status

another jj suckfest whats going on with all the love lately. he has stooped to slurping lakerboy and tiger woods in the same week?

ever since he went bust he lost his edge and few if any ever get it back just look at tiger

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

I posted this in Tham's thread but instead of the link, I thought I'd copy it to be considered here...

This is a little known course. Very few players, and none of the top players, have experience here. This is also a tricky, uneven course with, as far as I know, uneven tee boxes. This is a first for an Open.

Even with practice rounds, golfers and caddies can't lay down a solid strategy. Many golfers acknowledge that this is the type of course that requires a lot of fieldwork and course knowledge.

To my knowledge, Jordan Spieth's caddy has more experience on this course than anyone else in the field. He's played it many times. In fact, while teaching math to 6th graders in Washington, Michael Greller (Spieth's caddy) worked as a caddy for Chambers Bay. He did this for years.

Greller also got married at Chambers Bay.

But if that isn't enough, Spieth himself competed at Chambers Bay in the 2010 US Amateur. He shot an 83 and Greller was not his caddy then.

While he only played one competitive round, it's more than most players in this year's US Open field have played.

Caddy with local knowledge, skills of Spieth, and one more thing...Greller tweeted a photo of Chambers Bay on April 20th (he was there two months ago), are all the makings of Spieth win.

The recipe is there, the cooks just need to get to work. Keep it in mind.

Some reasonable choices from 5 Dimes for the US Open:

Spieth winner… +805

Spieth Top 5….. +185 Spieth Top 10… -110 Spieth Top 20… -185

Spieth Top US player ….+500

I also like the tourney matchups…Spieth vs: Rory…+123 Lefty…. -164 Rose…. -139

Fire Away.

yydouble
    Golf Expert

Lotto that's interesting coming from a pro player.
    Do you think the way this parking lot is set up might turn the tourney into a backyard trick shot competition? (A virtual short game contest)

The thought certainly crossed my mind, in which case Phil would have the edge on the field.

Fuk I'm great, just ask me!
    I listened to him talk about how we should change over to corn based fuel for about 11 holes one day, he had no idea it takes about 2 gallons of gas to produce 1 gallon of corn fuel. I didn't either until one of the guys in the group whispered it to me. He is a real piece of work.
    He is the single best tipper I have ever dealt with in my life though. $100 every time for every little thing. Solid.

yydouble
    Golf Expert

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I posted this in Tham's thread but instead of the link, I thought I'd copy it to be considered here...

This is a little known course. Very few players, and none of the top players, have experience here. This is also a tricky, uneven course with, as far as I know, uneven tee boxes. This is a first for an Open.

Even with practice rounds, golfers and caddies can't lay down a solid strategy. Many golfers acknowledge that this is the type of course that requires a lot of fieldwork and course knowledge.

To my knowledge, Jordan Spieth's caddy has more experience on this course than anyone else in the field. He's played it many times. In fact, while teaching math to 6th graders in Washington, Michael Greller (Spieth's caddy) worked as a caddy for Chambers Bay. He did this for years.

Greller also got married at Chambers Bay.

But if that isn't enough, Spieth himself competed at Chambers Bay in the 2010 US Amateur. He shot an 83 and Greller was not his caddy then.

While he only played one competitive round, it's more than most players in this year's US Open field have played.

Caddy with local knowledge, skills of Spieth, and one more thing...Greller tweeted a photo of Chambers Bay on April 20th (he was there two months ago), are all the makings of Spieth win.

The recipe is there, the cooks just need to get to work. Keep it in mind.

Some reasonable choices from 5 Dimes for the US Open:

Spieth winner… +805

Spieth Top 5….. +185 Spieth Top 10… -110 Spieth Top 20… -185

Spieth Top US player ….+500

I also like the tourney matchups…Spieth vs: Rory…+123 Lefty…. -164 Rose…. -139

Fire Away.

Extremely sharp post KVB. All true.

CWD
    Update your status

now we got a juiced in caddy giving out picks whats next

yydouble
    Golf Expert

Figjam stealing show.

yydouble
    Golf Expert

The greens look like one of Russel Westbrook's shirts.

jjgold

Tiger horrific already

2 over after 2

yydouble
    Golf Expert

He will be watching this weekend on TV at home.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Lol. The bookies had that no one would break par at even money. Already 33 players under par. THis course is a chicken run. -12 will win
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CWD

jjgold

us open rarely has a lot of red numbers as you shall see

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

TIGER won`t beat the 15y.o. Cole Hammer (props for name ) who posted +7.

jjgold

Tiger needs to quit golf but he cannot because of endorsements

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    TIGER won`t beat the 15y.o. Cole Hammer (props for name ) who posted +7.
    Cash that prop.....

Eldrick just tripled 15. Bet he pulls the phantom WD injury. Sad.

jjgold

Tigers embarrassing himself and embarrassing the game of golf can you imagine he might leave the game as the worst golfer of all times at his age category

First 1234 Last