Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    This is the only option for Golden State. If they think they are going to "play defense better"
    and stop the Cavs, they are fools. Steph Curry's statements recently about trying a new thing
    on defense are ridiculous. It's too late to drum up some recipe and change what your team has
    been doing all season long - outscoring the opponent by out-shooting the opponent. Period.

They won't do it with 2-pt jumpers either, because the Cavs will get theirs no matter what.
    Golden State has to rain 3's constantly. They should not emphasize defense. Just get the ball back
    ASAP and set up and shoot the tre'. It's their only chance to win another game in this series.
    I have zero confidence they will do this, and less that they will hit enough 3's, so I find them unbettable.
    snowball gets it!

their offense is based off the 7 seconds or less philosophy of mike d'antoni whom alvin gentry is a disciple

the way you beat it is just how lebron is doing...pound the clock down and get a good shot

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Make it a full court game. Once dellevadova gets past half court, trap him. He will spit the ball up over 50% of the time.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Why they are letting Lebron in paint is mind boggling

Cleve cannot win taking jump shots like Golden St

I would 100% fire Kerr if they lose this series

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I agree with what a few posters have said about Golden State's defense... that they have played pretty decent. But, look at the box score... play by play during the last 2 games. Golden State never really had a 6+ point lead or higher... basically any time during the game. I'd like to see how Cleveland responds being down. Once Golden State starts rolling.... (if they do).... Cleveland might just say fuk this sh#$ WE TIRED BRO from the last 2.

This is more of a Golden State % play than anything. Think logically. Cleveland couldn't possibly beat them 3 straight with zero depth.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I agree with what a few posters have said about Golden State's defense... that they have played pretty decent. But, look at the box score... play by play during the last 2 games. Golden State never really had a 6+ point lead or higher... basically any time during the game. I'd like to see how Cleveland responds being down. Once Golden State starts rolling.... (if they do).... Cleveland might just say fuk this sh#$ WE TIRED BRO from the last 2.

This is more of a Golden State % play than anything. Think logically. Cleveland couldn't possibly beat them 3 straight with zero depth.

If they do Lebron is just too fukkin powerful
    Its only thing I can think of

Now remember he has never played like this meaning basically playing 1 vs 5 on most possessions

Junkyard Dog
    Get up and Get it
    Junkyard Dog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1839

They can and they will

pinchegringo
    Update your status
    pinchegringo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4605

I have nothing to lose if I'm Steve Kerr... so this is what I would do.

1. If Lebron wants to post up... I send help every single time. Make Lebron get rid of it. I'll live with the pass and a wide open jump shot.

2. If Lebron is slowly carrying it up the floor... (like he's typically done.) Guard him 1 on 1... if it looks like he's ready for the blow bye... make sure the BIGS understand this... and get ready to step up. If Lebron passes it last second... just live with it... hopefully shot gets blocked or rushed.

3. Dellavedova on Curry. It's not going to change... It's fine. Space the floor... get it out of curry's hands. Thompson to Green. Get Green more involved in the post. He can create and force. Curry will get some looks... stop taking a damn 3 all the time.

4. I have to tell my players... listen... our run and gun just isn't going to work. If we miss shots... we can't win. Let's be smart gentlemen. Let's work the ball in deep. If Cleveland closes.... we kick it out.

If you replay the footage of the game... Golden State is right there.... I mean RIGHT THERE. Green will have a great game in Game 4... I know he will. Cleveland has to be tired. Golden State looks lost.... but can lightning hit you in 3 straight games?

I'm telling you... you defend James the way I said too.... you keep this game close.... Cleveland will crumble in the 4th quarter. They don't really have any depth. There's no way Cleveland can win again.... keeping a 3-6 point lead. No way. This game will be very close. Golden State should pull it out at the end.
    1. LBJ dishing to 3s is what made the only large lead of the series.

2. This I like. They have depth on their side, use it for all it's worth.

3. This should be 1, their D is not the problem, they have held the cavs to low scoring and a terrible shooting percentage. Their O needs to play.

4. This is the answer to 3 and the O and how the Warriors win.

Green is injured, that is why he is sucking.

They have kept the game close until LBJ was able to kick and then boom it was 20, then the Cavs D got lax and then boom Curry went off and it was a dog fight.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Somewhere Marc Jackson is laughing his ass off at Kerr. Jackson's toughness would have made a huge difference in this series.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Make it a full court game. Once dellevadova gets past half court, trap him. He will spit the ball up over 50% of the time.
    Problem with this plan is that LeBron is taking the ball up court most of the time, not Delly

jjgold

Another way to destroy Cleveland is press LeBron James the entire court you will wear him down He will have no time on the shot clock

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    let me get this right....you going to double the best player on the planet so he can pass to jr smith and james jones to hit 3's all night
    Of course not letting their shooters to get open that easy, but forcing others like Delly or Thompson to shoot mid jumpers. Hey, if CLE can let GSW's players other than Curry and Clay to shoot, why not GSW do the similar? You are going to lose anyway if Lebron keeps playing like superman.

For the most part, CLE is the team that played desperately (slowing pace, and trappying Curry and Clay) because they were severely short-handed. This strategy only works when GSW other players keep misfiring, which they should not by their regular season stats. But whatever the style CLE uses, it is getting under GSW's skin which gets snowball from there. All GSW's need is to hit a few open mid jumpers and the tide may turn. Trapping Lebron is just a payback approach to disrupt CLE's plan, it may work, or may not, but got to try it.
    Last edited by wrongturn; 06-11-15 at 01:06 PM.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3768

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    snowball gets it!

their offense is based off the 7 seconds or less philosophy of mike d'antoni whom alvin gentry is a disciple

the way you beat it is just how lebron is doing...pound the clock down and get a good shot
    this is it.. so unless GSW is very hot on 3's and takes a ton of them, they can't win. period.
    nobody can cover James worth a dime. He's the best on the planet still. If you press him or double him
    he embarasses you with the perfect pass.. because he's a better passer than 90% of point guards.
    Golden State doesn't seem to understand yet - they need to rain 3's and shoot fast.
    It's really not looking good for GSW .. tonight's low Total and Curry's words suggest that Golden State
    and Kerr still don't know what the hell they are doing out there.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    You can't let the best player in the world take the most shots by shooting 15-20 more shots than anyone else on the floor. Hell. Make Shumpert and Delly take 20+ shots a game. If they score like LeBron just forfeit and don't show up for the rest of the series. You can't win with LeBron taking 35 shots. He is the only guy who can hit close to 15 of them on the floor. Double and triple team LeBron, pick him up full court like Pip did Magic, wear him down and limit his shots. Only way to win.
    22 shots for LeBron instead of 35+ shots in game 4. Cavs lose by 20. Delly, shumoert, and JR Smith go 3-22 from three point range. Enough said. Make someone else shoot the damned ball.

First 12