6 MillerTime99
    815 7
    7 Miklos 575 3
    8 bavaria9 430 3
    9 frizzelli 300 2

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Jakepeavy21 again first just not overall for now jet. Merge Canada with rest of world come on do it

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by slikec View Post
    Merge Canada with rest of world come on do it
    I agree with this....Canada's 9 players should be merged with World, simply add a third American team.

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

No 2 world teams vs 2 USA ofc. 3USA teams lol haha from 1 which was normal to 3 in 2 years so next year only USA can play and good game i guess.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

I'll be your left canannanada

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

LMAO.

Every year and this year, every week constant whining by some of the US and now world players about whatever numbers the other team has.

Just like in past where the Europe vs the rest of the world (which makes the world people now speaking up very ironic), there was a numbers imbalance, now it is with Canada.

So amusing that Bobby as usual misses the point and wants merge the US versus the world and have a 3-1 team advantage. I guess the narcissistic jingoism will not be sated until it is only US in the "world" cup, because the US is the only place that matters. Kinda missing the point on the "world" description of the event...

As far as the drop off in Canadian numbers, while I do not know how many Canadian poker players there were a few years ago, I do know there were a lot more. SBR should have and probably knew that there would not be enough Canadian poker players, simple analysis and reporting of active Canadian players should be extremely simple to do and would have shown this an an obvious outcome.

The reason for this Canadian drop off, to me is also extremely obvious to me, the continual erosion of value and the ever changing/increasing PRO renewal requirements for the non-US player is where SBR is going. Given the non-north american population is significantly bigger than the population of Canada, it stands to reason that the drop off would be less apparent.

To address this continual point about the amount of points (i.e. better players) that the US and World team have as compared to Canadian players is again flawed in statement.

To me, it is simple math that would show that the higher number of representative players will result in a higher number of cashes and also a higher number of "better" players. Therefore the representative number of higher players in the US and the World is just a basic function of the number of players in the field.

Now before people jump all over me that are math or reading comprehension challenged (heck maybe I am writing challenged), I am not saying the top US or top World players are not potentially better than the existing top Canadian players, just that it just stands to reason that with a much larger player pool, there will be more non-CDN players at the top.

There are a heck of a lot of US and World players that I think are quite good but the length of time and format of these qualifying tourneys does not always mean those players rise to the top or inversely some not as good players (insert your standard TBD and Bobby argument here) rise to the top just by shear luck and participation.

The missing point is that the intent for this series is not to pit the best players (e.g. the top 50 like was just done) against each other, it was meant to be a world cup with the best from each region against each other, nothing more.

Finally to avoid this in the future, it seems to me that SBR should do a little due diligence prior to next year's World cup and try to make teams that can be fully filled before they set what teams their are. Should be quite easy to analyze and report on. That *should* put all of the whining down to a dull roar like it always is for everything here.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Triple_D_Bet

BeerDog99

Quote Originally Posted by slikec View Post
    No 2 world teams vs 2 USA ofc. 3USA teams lol haha from 1 which was normal to 3 in 2 years so next year only USA can play and good game i guess.
    This likely is what will start to happen next year if SBR is on the ball.

bobbywaves

All I know is you have a Canuck like Frizzelli, currently on a team with 300 pts. Then you have Americans with 1200+ pts, currently shut out from any team.

With 3 spots still vacant, it's possible a Canadian can qualify on last day with a measly 30 pts, while many American & World players will be left off teams with thousands of pts. There's no justice in that.

It could be either 2 USA & 2 World teams, or 3 USA & 1 World team, whatever the final cumulative scores dictate for fairness. The point is to have the majority of all top scorers representing a team, instead of a Canadian possibly qualifying with 30 pts.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

My vote is for Downsouth's idea. Top 50 overall qualify and then the top 4 get to draft out of that pool.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

BeerDog99

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    All I know is you have a Canuck like Frizzelli, currently on a team with 300 pts. Then you have Americans with 1200+ pts, currently shut out from any team.

With 3 spots still vacant, it's possible a Canadian can qualify on last day with a measly 30 pts, while many American & World players will be left off teams with thousands of pts. There's no justice in that.

It could be either 2 USA & 2 World teams, or 3 USA & 1 World team, whatever the final cumulative scores dictate for fairness. The point is to have the majority of all top scorers representing a team, instead of a Canadian possibly qualifying with 30 pts.
    LOL, justice.... amusing.

I thought you would be the first person to respond and of course you missed the point and did not disappoint. The "cumulative scores" is not the measure of what defines the teams. Therefore that measure has nothing to do with "fairness". Every series that SBR puts on is not just about the top x amount of players.

If you are so much better than this hypothetical 30pt player, you should have nothing to worry about.

I could go on but I think you will likely miss the point again so there is not much point in stating it another way.

BeerDog99

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    My vote is for Downsouth's idea. Top 50 overall qualify and then the top 4 get to draft out of that pool.
    If that is how SBR chooses to structure the tourney in future due to the currently skewed participant numbers, I also think that would be an fun format.

That said, you will still get all of the normal whiners that will come in and complain about fairness and popularity contest that is rigged for the SBR chosen few.... blah blah blah......:-)

Key point is that due to the skewed participation numbers by location, the world cup as it has stood for the last couple of years should be re-thought to address this. (IMHO)

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    So amusing that Bobby as usual misses the point
    The only one missing the point is obviously you....Please explain how it's fair that a Canadian can possibly qualify on last day with 30 pts, when many World & American players are left off teams with thousands of pts. Then if Canada miraculously won the World Cup, that same player who qualified last day with 30 pts should be compensated with 8,000 betpoints?

BeerDog99

The "cumulative scores" is not the measure of what defines the teams. Therefore that measure has nothing to do with "fairness". Every series that SBR puts on is not just about the top x amount of players.
    The only one missing the point is obviously you....Please explain how it's fair that a Canadian can possibly qualify on last day with 30 pts, when many World & American players are left off teams with thousands of pts. Then if Canada miraculously won the World Cup, that same player who qualified last day with 30 pts should be compensated with 8,000 betpoints?
    The bolded, underlined and in red text above is the answer to you missing the point.

bobbywaves

If that is how SBR chooses to structure the tourney in future due to the currently skewed participant numbers, I also think that would be an fun format.

That said, you will still get all of the normal whiners that will come in and complain about fairness and popularity contest that is rigged for the SBR chosen few.... blah blah blah......:-)

Key point is that due to the skewed participation numbers by location, the world cup as it has stood for the last couple of years should be re-thought to address this. (IMHO)
    Just face the fact that your 75% Canadian team is a total embarrassment, & should be thrown into the pool of World players.

BeerDog99

Just face the fact that your 75% Canadian team is a total embarrassment, & should be thrown into the pool of World players.
    LOL as is usual with arguments that you are involved with, it is not your opponent that has a hard time facing facts. And as usual you choose to ignore the point and reasoning to support the point to further your already made up mind.

The additionally amusing point is that because I noted your lack of ability to address the facts prior to you confirming it, you resort to calling the "75% Canadian Team a total embarrassment". So exactly why is the fact that there is not enough Canadian players an embarrassment, do I somehow control the amount of players?

Note for future Bobby, if you want to win an argument , try addressing the point in a logical manner instead of the proverbial "nuh-uh!".
    Points Awarded:

Triple_D_Bet gave BeerDog99 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Triple_D_Bet gave BeerDog99 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Triple_D_Bet gave BeerDog99 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bobbywaves

LOL as is usual with arguments that you are involved with, it is not your opponent that has a hard time facing facts. And as usual you choose to ignore the point and reasoning to support the point to further your already made up mind.

The additionally amusing point is that because I noted your lack of ability to address the facts prior to you confirming it, you resort to calling the "75% Canadian Team a total embarrassment". So exactly why is the fact that there is not enough Canadian players an embarrassment, do I somehow control the amount of players?

Note for future Bobby, if you want to win an argument , try addressing the point in a logical manner instead of the proverbial "nuh-uh!".
    Nothing you have said explains why it would be fair for a Canadian to qualify last day with 30 pts, & then somehow be eligible for an 8,000 prize. Since high scores mean nothing, geographical location somehow makes this fair in your mind?

I completely understand you're patriotic, & all for a team Canada. Since you currently wouldn't qualify for a team otherwise. But your team is currently an obvious embarrassment, because it's not full. This will take away from the spirit of competition, putting team Canada at a greater disadvantage than they already were with a full team.

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

I can't place to save my life this past week.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

LOL, justice.... amusing.

I thought you would be the first person to respond and of course you missed the point and did not disappoint. The "cumulative scores" is not the measure of what defines the teams. Therefore that measure has nothing to do with "fairness". Every series that SBR puts on is not just about the top x amount of players.

If you are so much better than this hypothetical 30pt player, you should have nothing to worry about.

I could go on but I think you will likely miss the point again so there is not much point in stating it another way.
    To be fair BD, you wouldn't have heard a peep out of him unless he lucked into some cashes and managed to sneak onto a team himself...give it a few weeks and he'll be back to silence (hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    This makes the most sense by far

Nothing you have said explains why it would be fair for a Canadian to qualify last day with 30 pts, & then somehow be eligible for an 8,000 prize. Since high scores mean nothing, geographical location somehow makes this fair in your mind?

I completely understand you're patriotic, & all for a team Canada. Since you currently wouldn't qualify for a team otherwise. But your team is currently an obvious embarrassment, because it's not full. This will take away from the spirit of competition, putting team Canada at a greater disadvantage than they already were with a full team.
    Seems about as fair as a terrible performance from last years Team USA weakest link (you) getting the same points as the rest of us. And I guess you're saying that for over 90% of this contest, you've been an embarrassment as well?

JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

I vote it stays the same. If ever the team can't qualify with an amount of players draft from the pool of those that didn't make the other teams higher cash descending.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    To be fair BD, you wouldn't have heard a peep out of him unless he lucked into some cashes and managed to sneak onto a team himself
    "Sneaking onto a team," would obviously be 12th place Confederates. Fact is, I haven't spent one day on Confeds. So it would be more accurate to say I took team USA by storm (tidal WAVES via tsunami).

give it a few weeks and he'll be back to silence (hopefully).
    I strongly suggest you check back in a few weeks then.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

As usual the autistic bobby is getting OWNED in this thread

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    As usual the autistic bobby is getting OWNED in this thread
    POS getting owned in life, as well as the green felt. Guy can't even make 2nd string Confeds yet again, how pathetic.

Just move to Canada, your low score will qualify you for their team by default.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Just spreading suggestion

Next year
    Top 44 players go into a pool with top 4 overall scorers being named captains.

Captains draft 10 man team from pool of players. Captains also get one wildcard pick from anyone of their choosing. (Can put a minimum requirement on wildcard if so desire)

Captain plus 10 men drafted plus wildcard makes your ten man team.

Even if they keep the world cup this could be a fun additional contest.

Triple_D_Bet

"Sneaking onto a team," would obviously be 12th place Confederates. Fact is, I haven't spent one day on Confeds. So it would be more accurate to say I took team USA by storm (tidal WAVES via tsunami).

I strongly suggest you check back in a few weeks then.
    Lol...if enough people lose interest and stop playing regularly, you'll have a chance...happened last year, could certainly happen again. Doesn't change you being a poor player in general and especially terrible at the 4-man tourney format, no more than winning one challenge out of several does

POS getting owned in life, as well as the green felt. Guy can't even make 2nd string Confeds yet again, how pathetic.

Just move to Canada, your low score will qualify you for their team by default.
    Again, the same "pathetic" charge would have been applied to you just a week ago...you're hilariously hypocritical bobbo, don't ever change

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Just spreading suggestion

Next year
    Top 44 players go into a pool with top 4 overall scorers being named captains.

Captains draft 10 man team from pool of players. Captains also get one wildcard pick from anyone of their choosing. (Can put a minimum requirement on wildcard if so desire)

Even if they keep the world cup this could be a fun additional contest.
    Would be excellent, but would be almost exclusively US with some world and Canada, just by numbers. Wouldn't mind seeing it as the fall contest though, would be tons of fun!

bobbywaves

Lol...if enough people lose interest and stop playing regularly, you'll have a chance...happened last year, could certainly happen again. Doesn't change you being a poor player in general
    So it stands to reason Tripe, losing 29k to a "poor" player makes you a pathetic player.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Good idea, but 1 captain + 10 draft picks + 1 wildcard = twelve man team.

Triple_D_Bet

So it stands to reason Tripe, losing 29k to a "poor" player makes you a pathetic player.
    No surprise you'd bring it up yet again...how could we possibly resolve what appears to you (and only you) to be a contradiction?

Lol...if enough people lose interest and stop playing regularly, you'll have a chance...happened last year, could certainly happen again. Doesn't change you being a poor player in general and especially terrible at the 4-man tourney format, no more than winning one challenge out of several does
    ...oh, that's right, we could simply read the rest of the sentence you quoted out of context. Do you ever stop to think how much easier life might be if you were capable of understanding more than a few words at a time,
    or words that represented reality but were contrary to your opinions?

bobbywaves

No surprise you'd bring it up yet again.
    I wouldn't bring it up at all, if you didn't consistently stick foot in mouth with ignorant statements.

Triple_D_Bet

I wouldn't bring it up at all, if you didn't consistently stick foot in mouth with ignorant statements.
    Well, I guess you just have no choice then? If only there was something you could do...

...oh, that's right, we could simply read the rest of the sentence you quoted out of context. Do you ever stop to think how much easier life might be if you were capable of understanding more than a few words at a time,
    or words that represented reality but were contrary to your opinions?
    Oh yeah, you could just do that, and avoid being called an idiot by being less of one

BeerDog99

Likely the the last reply I will make in this thread, especially with the wind tunnel with you.

Bobby, this is a simple concept, the whole contest is about a geographically based contest, that makes it fair. As one of your favourite arguments go, those are the rules made by SBR. Ironically if you read my response and thought about the statements I made, you would realize that I am saying SBR dropped the ball on setting up the teams because they did not analyze the current active pro/poker players and their locations to make this discussion moot.

Lastly, none of my comments have anything to do with my patriotism towards Canada, you have imagined this to avoid dealing with the points I have made. There is no embarrassment for any Canadian here that I can see. If there were a bunch of pro Canadians playing regularly in these tourneys and just not able to cash in any events, then you might have a sliver of a point in your poor attempt at an insult but even if that were the case, I cannot see how anybody would be embarrassed about that, that is just plain silly and pretty sad.

The core point that you continually ignore is that this is really just a numbers game on the amount of players in each region and their participation levels to determine the amount of points each player has and the amounts on each team, nothing more.

I could go on but I find your lack of desire to engage on the points raised and just responding to strawman arguments made up to bolster your self gratifying jingoistic views boring.

bobbywaves

Because it's a geographically based contest, qualifying for the event is not a level playing field. If Canada can't field a full team, Canadians should be in the World pool. Why should Canadians get a free qualifying pass, locking in 750 winnings with a chance to win 8,000? While everyone else has to spend all summer to earn their spot on a team.

So if the Toronto BlueJays fielded 7 players against the Nationals tonight, that wouldn't be an embarrassment to you? Jays will still lose with 9 players, but they're obviously at a greater disadvantage with 7 players.

So I agree, this is a simple concept.

bobbywaves

Well, I guess you just have no choice then?
    Correct.

BeerDog99

Because it's a geographically based contest, qualifying for the event is not a level playing field. If Canada can't field a full team, Canadians should be in the World pool. Why should Canadians get a free qualifying pass, locking in 750 winnings with a chance to win 8,000? While everyone else has to spend all summer to earn their spot on a team.
    You are essentially making the same argument but in a different way, yes SBR should have thought about it more before they arranged it but once they set the rules, it has nothing to do with fairness as it relates to how much anybody needs to make to any other team.

On this point though, you are arguing both sides of the fairness debate without (apparently) realizing it. On one side you are saying it is too easy to make the team (i.e. not fair to US/World teams) and on the other side you are arguing that it would be unfair to the existing 9 Canadian members because we would be at a disadvantage.

Really it just boils down to that it was not well thought through given the current level of Canadian SBR Pros (at least those that play poker)

So if the Toronto BlueJays fielded 7 players against the Nationals tonight, that wouldn't be an embarrassment to you? Jays will still lose with 9 players, but they're obviously at a greater disadvantage with 7 players.
    Lol, even this, I don't see how this is an embarrassment to myself nor Canada as a whole. It would be an embarrassment to the league and to the club on mismanagement but how that translates to something I should be ashamed of. It is nothing I can control, therefore nothing that I can bear any feelings for other than maybe some level of disappointment.

(hint for future, try using the above example with something like the Toronto Maple Leafs or the Canadian National Hockey program and you might get closer to me feeling some extreme disappointment) :-)

So I agree, this is a simple concept.
    I think you are getting closer to understanding this simple concept so I applaud you for that!

bobbywaves

On this point though, you are arguing both sides of the fairness debate without (apparently) realizing it. On one side you are saying it is too easy to make the team (i.e. not fair to US/World teams) and on the other side you are arguing that it would be unfair to the existing 9 Canadian members because we would be at a disadvantage.
    I realize it's unfair in more than one way, as previously stated.

Lol, even this, I don't see how this is an embarrassment to myself nor Canada as a whole. It would be an embarrassment to the league and to the club on mismanagement but how that translates to something I should be ashamed of. It is nothing I can control, therefore nothing that I can bear any feelings for other than maybe some level of disappointment.
    It's an embarrassment in general. Obviously more personal if you were a BlueJays fan, or teammate like you are with team Canada.

(hint for future, try using the above example with something like the Toronto Maple Leafs or the Canadian National Hockey program and you might get closer to me feeling some extreme disappointment) :-)
    No Canadian representation in the Stanley Cup. So I opted for baseball analogy, with your hockey season currently over.

Likely the the last reply I will make in this thread, especially with the wind tunnel with you.

BeerDog99

lol, you are back to your old ways Bobby, I thought you were improving. Read up on the definition of "likely" and also recognize that I responded because the wind tunnel seemed like it might have a little thought based resistance but I guess with this response it has not.

Oh well, I guess you can say I am definitely a lot more unlikely to respond again as you are back to boring and inane in your responses.

FYI, there are a lot of Canadians still in the playoffs....

12 Last