Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

My point is there's never any high quality competition in east. Jordan had to go up vs elite series after series, year after year. Thomas/reggie/Ewing etc. and the 2 he won were with bosh and wade so the "his teams suck" argument is irrelevant since he never won without other stars anyhow.

But fuk it. I don't see why we constantly have to compare players. Just appreciate ones greatness for what it is. Everyttime a player or team goes off it's "well he or them still aren't as good as team or player x!!" So the fukk what, doesn't mean shit. A dominant player, team or performance can still be great. Just because it might've been done better previously doesn't take anything away. We are ruining greatness in sports by constantly comparing to past performances. Stop it people. APPRECIATE GREATNESS.

........*drops mic*....

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32775

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Plenty of irrational haters when it comes to Lebron....dime a dozen
    Quote me again when you get a clue.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15096

I'm taking Jordan. LeBron shot 37% with 6 turnovers and was -3, +/-. It was a great team effort and they were actually better when he was off the court. Some of his rebounds were from his missed layups.

Jordan once had back to back 50 point games in the playoffs. 55 and 50, He also had another game where he scored 63 points.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    he was 14-37. he saw Curry get 40, and he was going to get his but 40. fuch hes 6'9" I luv this guy. runs up and down floor at full speed, then a time out he limps to bench. he should of ran to the bench. fucing queen. he does this all year. he knew he had a bad shooting night, so here comes the bad ankle.hahaha.
    Just another monster triple double but who cares

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Vin Paz please inform us who all these great hof'ers /teams Jordan beat? Beat an aging Lakers and Jazz squads other than that who? Sonics, Sun's,.....a tired Pistons bad boy team at end of their rope, those mighty 1 man Pacer teams with Reggie or the overrated shit loser Knicks, franchise?? Not saying he didn't beat some great squads but let's not act like he was facing some juggernaut rival in 90's going back /forth with like 80's Lakers/Celts! See what I did there?? You can out holes in anyone's legacy if digging hard enough!

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Quote me again when you get a clue.
    Yeah I'm gunna take a guy who calls him LeQueen seriously in a debate

Agenda? Nahhh

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7579

Paz's second paragraph is so on point. Enjoy the fact that you get to watch the guy play.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    Paz's second paragraph is so on point. Enjoy the fact that you get to watch the guy play.
    Agreed Jordan and Lebron debate always gets so nasty and people are gunna stick with their views

Both were the best of their eras and will go down among the greatest to ever play in the NBA obviously

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

He is a drama queen and a great fukking player.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11708

how many points would Curry get I he shot 37 times. 70

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    giant are you trying to cause a posting riot right now we're shorthanded in the moderation department tonight because of the holiday weekend

JJ, I was told the moderators were out drinking tonight, and it would be a good night to cause some trouble.

I don't even believe half the stuff I say.

I'm just here for the rioting and looting.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

@Tex no offense to Vin but I been sayin that forever and even mentioned it earlier today in another thread lol. Far as Bron being a drama queen yes he is!! But who hasn't been? People always forget heroes of yesterday and just wanna put them on highest pedestal without regard for some of their acts. But Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe etc had PLENTY of diva like demonstrations. These guys are top shelf and best in the gm at their craft and along with it comes "diva" behavior at times which the nba celebrates and rewards.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    My point is there's never any high quality competition in east. Jordan had to go up vs elite series after series, year after year. Thomas/reggie/Ewing etc. and the 2 he won were with bosh and wade so the "his teams suck" argument is irrelevant since he never won without other stars anyhow.

But fuk it. I don't see why we constantly have to compare players. Just appreciate ones greatness for what it is. Everyttime a player or team goes off it's "well he or them still aren't as good as team or player x!!" So the fukk what, doesn't mean shit. A dominant player, team or performance can still be great. Just because it might've been done better previously doesn't take anything away. We are ruining greatness in sports by constantly comparing to past performances. Stop it people. APPRECIATE GREATNESS.

........*drops mic*....
    You're a good guy, Vinnie.

I don't want to fight with you.

Happy Memorial Day, pal.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Love you, Giant.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    @Tex no offense to Vin but I been sayin that forever and even mentioned it earlier today in another thread lol. Far as Bron being a drama queen yes he is!! But who hasn't been? People always forget heroes of yesterday and just wanna put them on highest pedestal without regard for some of their acts. But Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe etc had PLENTY of diva like demonstrations. These guys are top shelf and best in the gm at their craft and along with it comes "diva" behavior at times which the nba rewards.
    Good post....Only superstar I've seen without anything to really hate on is Tim Duncan

But then again people call him boring and he probably could have made 10x as much in endorsements if he had more of an ego

Guess you can't really win

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

No one can be like mike

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Yeah I'm gunna take a guy who calls him LeQueen seriously in a debate

Agenda? Nahhh
    James ain't Russell.
    James ain't Jordan.
    Top 5? Maybe.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    No one can be like mike
    What did Michael do better than Lebron?

Shoot?

Anything else?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You can't compare Bill Russell he was playing against midgets

Kobe is not in LeBron's league as an overall player

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

Shoot?

Anything else?
    Giant I don't have any stats in front of me. I watched mike his whole career. I have watched james up to now. Mike amazed me. He always found a way. James is a great player for sure but he ain't no jordan. Jordan had the killer instinct. James is getting a bit now.

jjgold

Lakerboy with a tremendous post their

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Giant I don't have any stats in front of me. I watched mike his whole career. I have watched james up to now. Mike amazed me. He always found a way. James is a great player for sure but he ain't no jordan. Jordan had the killer instinct. James is getting a bit now.
    That's a fair post for a pro-Jordan guy....Lebron has been Jordan-esque this playoffs

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

James ain't Russell.
    James ain't Jordan.
    Top 5? Maybe.
    Hard to really argue vs. Russell very different situations

All 3 are easily top 5 come on Nash...Maybe for Lebron?

stevenash

Shoot?

Anything else?
    Six rings, 5 MVP's, 10 scoring titles.

Get back to me when the Queen accomplishes that.

raiders72001

Shoot?

Anything else?
    Defense, steals, blocked shots, never lost a playoff series when favored, played all 82 games 9 times, back to back 50 point games in the playoffs.

Led the league in steals in 3 different seasons, offensive player of the year and defensive player of the year in the same season, once averaged 43.7 pts/game in a playoff series.

Averaged over 30 points a game in 12 different years in the playoffs.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 05-24-15 at 11:52 PM.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Nasher your better than this don't be that guy who counts rings and individual achievements without accounting for big picture. Dilfer has a ring and Grossman appeared in a SB also...guess that means they are better or as good as than Marino? Nah didn't think so

stevenash

MJ was the best that ever lived.

jjgold

Everybody agrees MJ is the greatest and always will be but LeBron is closing in on second

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Everybody agrees MJ is the greatest and always will be but LeBron is closing in on second
    Closing in on second? He's been 2nd for a while.

If he wins this year, he toppled MJ for GOAT

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15015

The MVPs & scoring titles are more telling individually than the rings.
    I think Nash should stuck by his statement!

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Nasher your better than this don't be that guy who counts rings and individual achievements without accounting for big picture. Dilfer has a ring and Grossman appeared in a SB also...guess that means they are better or as good as than Marino? Nah didn't think so
    I don't know, I was never a Bulls fan, but Jordan made every clutch shot I've ever seen.

The Giant

Good post, Lakerboy.

Six rings, 5 MVP's, 10 scoring titles.

Get back to me when the Queen accomplishes that.
    Lebron already has four MVPs, and can you imagine how many scoring titles he would have if he wasn't the most unselfish player ever? The guy could easily score 40 a night.

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Defense, steals, blocked shots, never lost a playoff series when favored, played all 82 games 9 times, back to back 50 point games in the playoffs, led the league in steals in 3 different seasons.
    Defense might be the difference maker, although it's really hard to gauge. I would need to talk to one of these young analytic guys.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Closing in on second? He's been 2nd for a while.

If he wins this year, he toppled MJ for GOAT
    Not quite.

See jordan never disappeared in the finals. James did vs dallas. We can't forgive and forget those things. That heat team was favored vs dallas and james completely choked. Yes it helped him later on but jordan went to the finals and acted like the trophy was his and no one was going to take it from him.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Comparing Bron to guys like Magic or MJ is really asinine honestly. He is a hybrid of the 2.in so many ways. But still different eras, different responsibilities, overall talent disparities with players/coaches, etc. on and on...If you don't "like" Bron that's perfectly fine just admit it. I never liked Jordan much but I won't come off like a moron saying dumb shit like "he never beat anyone", "never won before Pippen", or "never have as many rings as Russell".beating those white dwarfs with like 7 teams in the league at the time lol.

Just stop people it's time you get more in touch and in tune for God's sake. Shortly after I started wagering I realized leaving your heart at the door and using your head more is better for a bettor. And let's face it being objective makes for a much brighter sounding sports fan.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MoneyLineDawg

raiders72001

LeBron averaged 6 rebounds/game this year. Jordan averaged 6 or more rebounds in 9 different seasons.

First 12345 ... Last