will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

No NYK! Don't take Willie Cauley-Stein at #4 Pick!!!!!!

I'm past the point of the Knicks dropping in the draft. There are still some really good players. Michael Jordan was a #3 pick. How did he turn out?

I REALLY LIKE Justise Winslow, but he doesn't fit New York's offense with Melo. This is a worst case scenario. They want a big man or guard.

Cauley-Stein is a GREAT defensive player, but his offense is awful. I've heard talks of NY considering him. It would be a bust. Anyone old enough to remember Frederick Weis????

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Emanuel Mudiay or DeAngelo Russell

Need an elite point guard these days

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Emanuel Mudiay or DeAngelo Russell

Need an elite point guard these days
    I think the 76'ers might take Russell with the 3rd pick or I'd be very happy with that. I just can't have Cauley-Stein. I know Justise Winslow has a huge future but he's not the best fit for New York.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Trader Phil might have to make adjustments and make some trades with the pick. He CANT be happy with the 4th pick.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Mudiay is going to be a stud....Think he will be the best player in the draft

6'5 Point guard, got a little John Wall and Westbrook in him
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: will2survive

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Trader Phil might have to make adjustments and make some trades with the pick. He CANT be happy with the 4th pick.
    Think there's 5 really good players in the draft.....top 2 big guys, top 2 point guards and Winslow

Got some Europeans ranked high that I'm not familiar with too

4th is fine

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

LAKERS number 2 putos!!!

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Mudiay expressed interest in playing in New York. I know Russell is the goods, but Philly has the jump on the Knicks. Some say Russell is the best player in the draft. I just know that Winslow is such a game-changer. I would love to see him in the orange and blue but Melo doesn't like to share.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im an Ohio State fan, and I'm not sold on Russell being a stud in the NBA. He has some weaknesses and doesn't have anything he is "great" at. Average shooter and questionable decision making at times. Ill be rooting for him whereever he goes though

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nobody wants to play for the next because of Carmelo Anthony… This organization is in trouble regardless of who they pick

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

All of the Mock Drafts have Knicks taking Emmanuel Mudiay. No way does Phil Jackson take this guy. He could be great, but Knicks are trading this pick. This won't change their franchise unless he uses his cap room, makes trades and thinks out of the box. I still say drop down and take Justise Winslow and pick up an extra pick or player

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Wow. Mudiay is a baller. Maybe I was wrong. This is 2 years ago. Guy is like Westbrook.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Very sharp.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

I know it's China, but this kid has mad hops and he said he'd flourish under Phil Jackson's scheme. I'm warming up to this pick if the Knicks make it.

jjgold

Knicks 50 lose team for next 5 years

Anythony washed up and a loser..until he gets cut Knicks are never a threat

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Now, we're hearing a lot of things. The Lakers could possibly take Mudiay ( a showtime, flashy player) or Russell, Philly wouldn't need a center and Okafor could fall to #4 for New York. As much as I like the Mudiay highlights, I would love to see this scenario play out and for the Knicks to get Okafor. My only concern is that Duke players usually have disappointing professional careers. Okafor looks like he's missing that nasty streak. I want a player who is a nice guy but knows how to shove it down the opponent's throat like Tim Duncan.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Now, we're hearing a lot of things. The Lakers could possibly take Mudiay ( a showtime, flashy player) or Russell, Philly wouldn't need a center and Okafor could fall to #4 for New York. As much as I like the Mudiay highlights, I would love to see this scenario play out and for the Knicks to get Okafor. My only concern is that Duke players usually have disappointing professional careers. Okafor looks like he's missing that nasty streak. I want a player who is a nice guy but knows how to shove it down the opponent's throat like Tim Duncan.
    Lakers better take Okafor or i will be pissed. He hasnt even hit his peak yet, still learning the game.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

C'mon buddy You're dreaming if you think Okafor falls to the Knicks News today that the wolves really like Okafor and that Towns is "determined" to be a Laker and may have issued ultimatum to Minny, so the big dukie might go first overall. 0.000% Okafor wears a Knick jersey next season.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Idk about this 'ultimatum'...

Okafor already said he doesn't care about being #1 pick, but he wants to go to a place that's a good fit.

(In reality, who the hell WANTS to move to cold ass northern Minneapolis over Los Angeles?)

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Irrelevant pick. Knicks are effed for the next 5 years if Phil still insists on running the Triangle.

Don't get somebody too good, you'll just waste them.

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

Cauley Stein will be a very good defensive center in the NBA. A better Tyson Chandler. Limited offensively.

jjgold

Effective big men are so important in the NBA if I was the knicks I would definately take Stein

terrortwylight
    Get Action
    terrortwylight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

Forgive my ignorance here guys, not an NBA guy..

Doesn't it seem though like the Warriors are onto something? All those killer guards. Then they play that small lineup and they're assassins out there. They're small but they hold their own against the big guys. Then they start forcing the tempo and the other team just can't keep up with their pace. AND they're playing great defense with these small guys.

Why aren't more teams gravitating towards this kind of basketball? It seems like they're the only team that's really all in with this philosophy.

I know they've got the best pure shooter in the league, but I don't understand why more teams aren't trying to replicate this kind of approach.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by terrortwylight View Post
    Forgive my ignorance here guys, not an NBA guy..

Doesn't it seem though like the Warriors are onto something? All those killer guards. Then they play that small lineup and they're assassins out there. They're small but they hold their own against the big guys. Then they start forcing the tempo and the other team just can't keep up with their pace. AND they're playing great defense with these small guys.

Why aren't more teams gravitating towards this kind of basketball? It seems like they're the only team that's really all in with this philosophy.

I know they've got the best pure shooter in the league, but I don't understand why more teams aren't trying to replicate this kind of approach.
    Well it has not worked yet

Time will tell

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Effective big men are so important in the NBA if I was the knicks I would definately take Stein
    Take Stein??? Now, I know you're yanking my chain. He's defense only (like Karate Kid). New York needs more. They're considering trading....possibly taking Justise Winslow. Melo went to Yankee Stadium with him and they're building a friendship. Justise Winslow has a high upside. I like it.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

We need to be very careful just watching highlights.

Mudlay has the athleticism but still takes a lot of bad shots. Needs to work on both shot selection and shooting.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    We need to be very careful just watching highlights.

Mudlay has the athleticism but still takes a lot of bad shots. Needs to work on both shot selection and shooting.
    I agree. If Okafor doesn't drop to #4 and the Knicks don't make a trade (which they might), I'm leaning (and a lot of Mock Drafts are leaning) towards Justise Winslow. Granted, I am a Duke fan, but Winslow has been very clutch for Duke, making some big plays, and his game is taylor-made for the NBA level. He's very young with a ton of upside. He appears to be "NBA Ready" right now. A very exciting player.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Mudiay scares me, but I do see a lot of Westbrook in his game.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Knicks suck no matter who they take.

jjgold

Upscope your correct

Knicks are whore shit

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

I agree. If Okafor doesn't drop to #4 and the Knicks don't make a trade (which they might), I'm leaning (and a lot of Mock Drafts are leaning) towards Justise Winslow. Granted, I am a Duke fan, but Winslow has been very clutch for Duke, making some big plays, and his game is taylor-made for the NBA level. He's very young with a ton of upside. He appears to be "NBA Ready" right now. A very exciting player.
    Justise is an incredible athlete. That being said, I think he used his strength and athleticism to create a lot of offense in college and at the NBA level his strength is sort of less of factor. He will not be able to push guys around like he did at Duke. He brings a lot to the table though. I think he has the potential to be an all star one day and a fan favorite but like many players needs to land in the right situation and work on adapting his game to suit his strengths and reduce the impact of his weaknesses.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: will2survive

yydouble
    Golf Expert
    yydouble's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol. Cauley is such a dork.