trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Thibs can get Doc's team over the hump, but not his own team???????? Really???? Come again. This game looks just like Thibs team did at home in Game 6 against a depleted Cavs team. Mathew Della va dova????
    yeah this bulls team with an injured rose for the last 4 years is comparable to boston with 3 Hall of famers and a fringe HOF talent point guard when you put the right guys around him. definitely comparable. dont get me wrong these bulls are good but its not even close between the two

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    you guys just don't understand, Rivers is going absolutely nowhere until he decides to. Clippers are all-in with Doc and he has more power than their GM, it's a laughable arrangement.

Doc has been placed on a pedestal for a long time, just the way it is. thing is, Thibodeau was the main guy in Boston to get them over the hump.
    so many don't even realize that he was the one to lead them to the chip.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

i've said this before on the forum but doc is a clown. a whining ass clown. i'm so glad they got knocked out in the most embarrassing of fashions. only the clippers would have hired him as coach/gm, much less coach.

i mean, from a talent standpoint, give anyone with a clue chris paul and blake griffin and they don't blow a 3-1 series lead to the worst 2 seed in history. no one would foster a culture of nepotism and whining and crying like nothing we've ever seen before from a head coach in the league like doc has. wait til the warriors win 4-1. rockets are not good, doc is worse.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

The West is brutal this year, second series in a row the Clippers were involved in that shouldve been the Western Conference Finals. And neither were.

The first round took a lot out of them

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    i've said this before on the forum but doc is a clown. a whining ass clown.
    This is a sneaky good point, and the reason I think it's only getting worse for the clips. Doc and that whole team collectively have ran away with the whining and crying title, and that's quite a feat in the NBA. The Clippers are relentless crybabies. Refs over time are going to get fed up with it, if they haven't already. Once you're branded by the refs, you're in trouble. This happened to individual players all the time, and was the main reason Donaghy had such an edge in betting, because he knew which players and coaches certain ref squads couldn't stand.

But no, Doc aint going nowhere soon. Shame, Clips would benefit from some new blood.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

Some good points but still doesn't justify being fired and replace with ???. 50-60 wins seems average for a great/elite team (there are no elite teams this season imo) but all of the great teams have 50 or more wins so again this doesn't justify firing him for not doing better than del negro in the regular season. Del negro just couldn't coach. It might just simply be the Rockets were better than the Clippers. I mean NBA is a game of runs right? Rockets won 3 in a row is call that a run, Clippers should avoid games 7s next year no need to fire the coach though

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Some good points but still doesn't justify being fired and replace with ???. 50-60 wins seems average for a great/elite team (there are no elite teams this season imo) but all of the great teams have 50 or more wins so again this doesn't justify firing him for not doing better than del negro in the regular season. Del negro just couldn't coach. It might just simply be the Rockets were better than the Clippers. I mean NBA is a game of runs right? Rockets won 3 in a row is call that a run, Clippers should avoid games 7s next year no need to fire the coach though
    Yeah but you just can't blow a 19 point lead in a close out game at home under any circumstances IMO. Doc the coach is a bit overrated and doc the gm has been awful.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Houston's bench played great, they arent getting enough credit for their win. Too much focus on the Clipps

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

A lot of teams blew it. The Wizards and Grizzilies both had the other teams on the ropes before blowing their series.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    A lot of teams blew it. The Wizards and Grizzilies both had the other teams on the ropes before blowing their series.
    Not really. Those teams were clearly inferior to their opposition also. I think you can definitely argue the clippers were the better team in the series (even though I took Houston game 7).

I think a big problem is that there doesn't seem like there's a real plan in the Clippers front office. I.e Hawes, farmar, rivers roster moves seem really short sighted

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

You can say Clippers were the better team the first 4 games. Rockets were losing by 20+ regular yet they forced a game seven. It just didnt go back and fourth like other series tend to do. I agree with blowing the lead but since overcoming that 19pt deficit it was all Rockets. I agree though they need to pick it up on the bench, make free throws too they do have the pieces though.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Existential" is smart.. as can be determined by

1) his choice of name (i am certain his home is replete with books) and

2) his observations regarding the state of the Clippers. Especially Del Negro.
    Forcing him out and handing over control to a "barn-boss" minded person
    is always a bad move.

Lebron is the coach and the GM, but he does not punish the players around him
    psychologically as CP3 does or a Kobe.

but take a look at CP3's minutes in the entire series.
    therein lies the answer

KushMoney
    KushMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    That time out Doc called in game 6 with a 3 on 2 fastbreak with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd was the worst timeout I've ever seen since Chris Webber. They had all the momentum, up 19 points and that idiot stopped his own fast break. The team lost all momentum, lost the game and the rest is history. One timeout cost this series. Idiot.

YES THIS EXACTLY.

I was saying that during the 4th quarter meltdown. that Timeout fukked them .

Brutal.

dumb ass coach
    Last edited by KushMoney; 05-19-15 at 12:53 AM.

First 12