Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Juve to advance not bad but can't see them winning straight up

I guess worth a shot at 5/1 or whatever

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10327

Real Madrid's home record is phenomenal. Prior to their 2-2 draw with Valencia at the weekend they had won their last six, Scoring 21and conceding just 2 They've also scored at least one in their last 52 games at the Bernabeu and scored at home in their last 23 Champions League outings.

Bottom line: Real Madrid

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Not big on fading Rudeboy but i bet Real -.5 -140 tomorrow.

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly
    Rudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Juventus wins this Madrid will be very vulnerable with Juve's style Tevez & Pogba will have a field day.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Real Madrid's home record is phenomenal. Prior to their 2-2 draw with Valencia at the weekend they had won their last six, Scoring 21and conceding just 2 They've also scored at least one in their last 52 games at the Bernabeu and scored at home in their last 23 Champions League outings.

Bottom line: Real Madrid
    obviously RM is a tremendous home team, but bringing up what they did in their last 6 home La Liga games is pointless and has zero meaning on this match. They beat shitty La Liga bottom feeders like Eibar, Granada, Levante, Almeria. Not only that, those numbers are skewed because of a 9-1 thrashing over Granada (tied for 2nd to worst team in the league)

ace_202
    ace_202's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

Real only just squeezed one by Atleti in the leg before this. They also copped a beating against Schalke at the Bernebeau. Juve to score is the play. Don't be surprised if this one goes to pens to go to the finals.

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Italian teams like Juve are good at holding 1 point leads. BUT I gotta support my Madrid.

blaster32
    blaster32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3569

Rude I coudnt agree more with you. Juve is built to win this whole thing

cryptocap
    cryptocap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Real is still a better team, Ronaldo can still change a match...They were terrible for most of the match but dominated the end of the 1st half, almost went up 2-1...managed to steal an away goal...need we forget a penalty was conceded...Bale or Benzema will factor heavily as well as James...Real will win this match

asiantiger
    asiantiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1530

So RM needs to win by 2 to advance?

dreamlanding
    dreamlanding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2382

Quote Originally Posted by asiantiger View Post
    So RM needs to win by 2 to advance?
    Juve advance on:

Win
    Draw
    Any 1-goal loss in which they score at least 2

RM Advance on:

1-0 win
    Any 2+ goal win

Penalties if:

RM win 2-1

Think I have that right

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

lots of value on the DRAW actually

cryptocap

If Real catches Juve out early this may turn into the shootout we saw today...Real must win decisively but Juve need a goal to really secure a foothold for the final...Going to Madrid expecting to shutout Real is madness...

unitedlad
    unitedlad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7803

Real to advance @ 1.83. You just can't pass up them odds for Real to win at home. Juve would need to score 2 to trump Real's away goal. Does anyone really see Real not scoring at least 2 tonight? Benzema back. Ronaldo in the best scoring form of his life. The only thing that is going against Real here is the fact Modric is still out, and he probably is the best midfielder in the world, so yeah, a big miss - but a MF of Kroos, Isco and James is pretty incredible also. Juve however also have a MF with just as much talent - Pirlo, Marchisio, Pogba, Vidal.

We should see a real battle tonight. The game will be won and lost in the middle of the park. The main aim for Real should be to get to Pirlo quick - don't allow him to control the game as he has so often through his career. It's not difficult. It just takes a lot of effort.

Real's biggest downfall in the first leg was playing Ramos in MF - they were pretty much a man down in midfield everytime they had the ball. They found it difficult to control the game. I can't see them having this difficulty tonight.

But this all comes down to who will control the midfield in my opinion. Who will control the game? Will Tevez and Mortata take their chances as well as they did in the first leg, tonight against a very intimidating Madrid crowd? Will Morata have that same spring in his step? How will he react to going back to Madrid?

We all know Real will always have the edge over anytime bar Barcelona - because of this man

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

juve has the better midfield and they have the better defense, midfield maybe not in terms of individual quality when compared player by player, but in the way they function they are more solid then whatever madrid can field with modric still out.

carvajal and marcelo's form isn't great, and both are prone to mistakes (especially marcelo who suffers the same ''striker'' dicease that ails david luiz) and chielini and bonnuci is a better working pairing than varane and pepe.

buffon is also a better goalie than casillas by some margin.

ronaldo also creates little on his own, he's not like messi who'll just act as his own midfield if he's not getting supplied, and bales form isn't great and benzema has been out with a knee injury and hasn't played for a month. so while ronaldo's scoring form might be great, the form of several others in the team isn't and valencia had real running on fumes this weekend and real had to fight tooth and nail to even get a draw against them.

the way i see it real need to create space to get their goals, and i don't see that many players given current form in their squad able to create this against a juve who will be looking to make space avaliable next to nothing.
    Last edited by plekz; 05-13-15 at 04:20 AM.

ace_202

Quote Originally Posted by unitedlad View Post
    Real to advance @ 1.83. You just can't pass up them odds for Real to win at home. Juve would need to score 2 to trump Real's away goal. Does anyone really see Real not scoring at least 2 tonight? Benzema back. Ronaldo in the best scoring form of his life. The only thing that is going against Real here is the fact Modric is still out, and he probably is the best midfielder in the world, so yeah, a big miss - but a MF of Kroos, Isco and James is pretty incredible also. Juve however also have a MF with just as much talent - Pirlo, Marchisio, Pogba, Vidal.

We should see a real battle tonight. The game will be won and lost in the middle of the park. The main aim for Real should be to get to Pirlo quick - don't allow him to control the game as he has so often through his career. It's not difficult. It just takes a lot of effort.

Real's biggest downfall in the first leg was playing Ramos in MF - they were pretty much a man down in midfield everytime they had the ball. They found it difficult to control the game. I can't see them having this difficulty tonight.

But this all comes down to who will control the midfield in my opinion. Who will control the game? Will Tevez and Mortata take their chances as well as they did in the first leg, tonight against a very intimidating Madrid crowd? Will Morata have that same spring in his step? How will he react to going back to Madrid?

We all know Real will always have the edge over anytime bar Barcelona - because of this man

You made some very big calls today today on the Bayern V Barca match. Especially big call on the possession bet, in which you lost. Again you've made some pretty big statements here as well in terms of Ronaldo being in the scoring prime of his life. Before last week he hadn't scored in nearly 2 weeks. Another thing that goes against Real is their misfiring BBC. Bale had less touches than the goaly on the weekend. 32 touches to Ikers 34. He is as good as useless lately and when the crunch comes from the Italians he will go missing again, I suspect. Benzema hasn't played in over a month and will definitely not be match fit. The best thing Ancelotti could do with Benzema is either bring him on at half time for Chich or vice versa. All the aforementioned points with a Juve defence that will be hell bent on not letting any through, I think Madrid struggle here.

You mentioned the midfield battle between these two where it'll be won or lost here. I agree this will have a huge bearing on the game but when this boils down to it i think that Juve won't have to win the midfield battle, they also won't let Madrid MF'ers win it either.

Juve's forwards against the Madrid defense is where the crunch of this game is going to come from. The only person who will be able to match Tevez's run will be Varane and if he can't play wide like he generally does, I expect Vidal to play a wide winger position. This will stretch the Madrid center to defense lines. Pepe will have a huge mismatch with Morata. Morata will know how to work off Pepe and not draw him to double team situations. Llorente will take Ramos in which i honestly think Ramos is the only defender that'll be able to beat their direct forward opponent. If Ramos plays upwards through the MF, Madrid will be leaving themselves too open for an upset.

I expect Juve to qualify, not because of the above reasons. But because Madrid have really struggled against teams outside of La Liga in KO stages. They barely squeezed a goal against Atleti last round. They got beat completely by an absolutely determined Schalke in which i say Juve are 3 times the team of Schalke. Lets also not forget that Madrid let in 2 goals to an Away Valencia team just on the weekend only to chip their way back into it. Again I say Juve are a better team than Valencia.

Pogba back for the Turins and we have ourselves a Barca V Juve, Messi V Tevez, Mascherano V Vidal UEFA champions league final.

unitedlad

3 units - Both teams to score @ 1.86
    3 units - o42.5% possesion Juventus

camelbreath$
    camelbreath$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6575

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeboy View Post
    Juventus (UCL) +457 2u Play
    Juventus advances +108 2u Play

If you like Juventus to win or advance, you should probably be betting Over 2.5 and Both Teams to Score too.

Real Madrid are -775 to score at home so Juve will need to find the net to cash those. Just my opinion.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Guinser

unitedlad

Quote Originally Posted by ace_202 View Post
    You made some very big calls today today on the Bayern V Barca match. Especially big call on the possession bet, in which you lost.
    Check out a few of my other calls on that game buddy. Like I said, we can't always get the big ones right, but I ended up grinding out 3 units of profit last night so I don't really see your point.

Again you've made some pretty big statements here as well in terms of Ronaldo being in the scoring prime of his life. Before last week he hadn't scored in nearly 2 weeks.
    Ah, OK, I didn't realise a whole season of week in week out scoring can be negated with a dry spell of 3 games.

Ronaldo has scored 33 league goals so far this season,the most in 3 season, and likely to score more (if the League commission don't decide to call the season quits - which isn't really a possibility in my opinion considering the Championship and UCL spots are still up for grabs).

Also 11 UCL goals, and likely to score more. So I can't really see how there is much debate in that Ronaldo is in the form of his career however than man has been at the top of his game for the past 6 or 7 years.

Another thing that goes against Real is their misfiring BBC. Bale had less touches than the goaly on the weekend. 32 touches to Ikers 34. He is as good as useless lately and when the crunch comes from the Italians he will go missing again, I suspect. Benzema hasn't played in over a month and will definitely not be match fit. The best thing Ancelotti could do with Benzema is either bring him on at half time for Chich or vice versa. All the aforementioned points with a Juve defence that will be hell bent on not letting any through, I think Madrid struggle here.
    Just no. Benzema has to start for Real to stand a chance here, even if he is only at 80%. Chicharito just doesn't fit into the way Real should be playing football. The man is a poacher, nothing more, nothing less, he contributes almost zero to build up play. He hasn't got a good touch, nor can pass the ball very well. He's good at making runs off his marker and finishing, however I think his clinicalness has been noticeably poor during his stint at Real over the past few months. Don't give me his stats either - you need to watch the games to see the amount of chances he has also missed.

You mentioned the midfield battle between these two where it'll be won or lost here. I agree this will have a huge bearing on the game but when this boils down to it i think that Juve won't have to win the midfield battle, they also won't let Madrid MF'ers win it either.
    I don't really get this as at all. It seems a very contradictory statement. Surely if Juve don't let Real win the battle in midfield, that will result in them actually taking control of the game and winning the battle....

Juve's forwards against the Madrid defense is where the crunch of this game is going to come from. The only person who will be able to match Tevez's run will be Varane and if he can't play wide like he generally does, I expect Vidal to play a wide winger position. This will stretch the Madrid center to defense lines. Pepe will have a huge mismatch with Morata. Morata will know how to work off Pepe and not draw him to double team situations. Llorente will take Ramos in which i honestly think Ramos is the only defender that'll be able to beat their direct forward opponent. If Ramos plays upwards through the MF, Madrid will be leaving themselves too open for an upset.
    I don't think I've ever seen Vidal play as a winger. Maybe playing in a more wide position in midfield, but in my opinion a winger is a player who hugs the touchline and tries to run at the defence - see Bale.

I get what your saying in that Juve may try to deploy him in a wider position in order to stretch their defence but I think Vidal is too much of an important player to stick out wide - he needs to be involved in the play as much as possible. Also I don't think Juve will need to initiate tactics in order to stretch Real's defence too much as it will naturally be pretty stretched as the FBs tend to play as second wingers.

I expect Juve to qualify, not because of the above reasons. But because Madrid have really struggled against teams outside of La Liga in KO stages. They barely squeezed a goal against Atleti last round. They got beat completely by an absolutely determined Schalke in which i say Juve are 3 times the team of Schalke.
    The Schalke performance, I agree, was dreadful. But I'm putting that down to complacency. They had though the tie was won going into the 2nd leg. Which was extremely naive and nearly cost them. But I don't see this being an issue tonight.

cryptocap

pirlo was horrible. and if the pace quickens he will fade...this is not juve in the old lady vs parma for instance...i dont want to understate juve but the game was circumstantial...had a horrible casillas deflection to the guy poaching on the line, a penalty off a marcelo shot deflection in which they sprinted down the field out of a mass pressure of madrid, a header off the crossbar and a near miss by ronaldo for a tap in...they were by no means a dominant side but they got the marginal victory...sure alot of games have these chances but when they are spun into a narrative of dominance or in this case an extension into the 2nd leg its highly problematic...I know juve comes out to defend as long as they can, if they concede it is game on...real will miss modric but they have no problem controlling this game tnite...i cant wait to sit back and enjoy the magic of both sides

unitedlad

Juventus +4 AH Corners @1.86
    over 4.5 offisides @ 2.01
    Penalty shoot out @ 17.00

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

who gonna win dis tourny ?

unitedlad

Barcelona. I'm just waiting for Real Madrid to progress tonight to place my bet.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

With Barca winning the league, Real will give 110% effort to win the CL. This is an easy one.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by unitedlad View Post

ronaldo!

ace_202

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    who gonna win dis tourny ?
    Barcelona. They're the money team for CL.

Juventus to outscore Ronaldo
    Over 2.5
    Over 11.5 corners
    Under 3.5 yellow cards
    Juventus qualify

unitedlad

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    With Barca winning the league, Real will give 110% effort to win the CL. This is an easy one.
    Both teams are going to give everything they have tonight. I wouldn't look into the amount of effort when making a bet on this match.

unitedlad

Quote Originally Posted by ace_202 View Post
    Barcelona. They're the money team for CL.

Juventus to outscore Ronaldo
    Over 2.5
    Over 11.5 corners
    Under 3.5 yellow cards
    Juventus qualify
    Not sure what your thinking is here?

I think this has the makings for a fiesty one. Vidal and Ramos to get booked are probably as good a bet as you can get tonight. Marcelo, Carvajl, Chiellini, Evra, Pepe all love getting stuck in.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Madrid for me on the 3 way..$23 or so

I never liked teams in Italy..lack of talent period

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Madrid for me on the 3 way..$23 or so

I never liked teams in Italy..lack of talent period

is this Shari????

never known JJ Gold (the bald man) to bet soccer

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

is there a over/under for how many passes ramos misses tonight? he had a dussin or so last time out that he sent to throw-ins.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

can anyone else vouch for Rudeboy???

i am considering blindly tailing Juventus +115 to advance

unitedlad

Yes. I heard blindly tailing is a great idea.

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly
    Rudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Bearback Juventus to advance is a very solid play +ev

In fact you can still win this play even if Juventus lose but only 2-1 and they win it in extra time.

This play is similar to the one I backed PSG to advance against Chelsea, those odds were great

123 Last