slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    think in the longer Brady thread someone posted a graph for all teams
    Hopefully the NFL has strict PSI testing now. Maybe SBR can sponsor the official PSI meter.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

I said all along 4 game suspension just going to help Pats.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Here is a video from 2013 season that shows how officials look at the ball pressure before the game; and this is while they KNOW they are being filmed
    "12.5, that's close enough" Sounds like they are really serious about the inflation of the balls (they are using an analog gauge just to give you an idea of how much the league has cared about this in the past)
    http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/22/deflat...ball-pressure/
    Last edited by eidolon; 05-11-15 at 07:05 PM.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    interesting to know, hadn't heard that yet
    There's some sites out there that go more in depth.....But here's a chart from 2010 to present....One team looks out of whack

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brady will make a fuss about this. He'll ponyup the lawyer fees... o/u on number of games actually served: 1.5... Im taking the under too

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28496

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Call me insane, but I see Garoppolo playing well enough such there's a QB controversy when Brady comes back.
    If so, he'll be playing in Arrowhead next season.
    Good luck.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    Brady will make a fuss about this. He'll ponyup the lawyer fees... o/u on number of games actually served: 1.5... Im taking the under too
    He didn't cooperate with the investigation which won't really help in an appeal scenario....Should have handed over the phone and everything else he could possibly do to clear his name if he actually were innocent

Of course we all know that's not the case

Take your punishment like a man

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    He didn't cooperate with the investigation which won't really help in an appeal scenario....Should have handed over the phone and everything else he could possibly do to clear his name if he actually were innocent

Of course we all know that's not the case

Take your punishment like a man
    Yeah, but he didnt actually do the deflating and NFL gave this "more probably than not" explanation so he will have a case... I think the odds of him serving the full 4 games is close to zero. Your right tho about not cooperating, that might be why he serves a game or 2, but I really dont think he serves more than 2 games, unless he looks at it like "Im getting old, now I get to come back week 5 motivated as hell and I'll will be more rested late season".

eidolon
    USA

There's some sites out there that go more in depth.....But here's a chart from 2010 to present....One team looks out of whack

That argument could be countered by showing that Green Bay is in top 5 of team with least amount of fumbles, while Rodgers is known to have balls inflated over 13.5. So you would expect them to be at the bottom or towards the bottom.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    That argument could be countered by showing that Green Bay is in top 5 of team with least amount of fumbles, while Rodgers is known to have balls inflated over 13.5. So you would expect them to be at the bottom or towards the bottom.
    Just look at the chart and tell me who doesn't belong? Everyone pretty much bunched up and then the Pats shoot way up.....Not saying this chart says it all but goes along with what's come out today....It's just a piece

So for people to say deflating the football won't help....If this chart has any truth or merit, it has helped

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

2 games

Brady is vital to the NFL

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
    If so, he'll be playing in Arrowhead next season.
    Good luck.
    Very unlikely. Pats have him thru 2017 and can option 2018. Brady will be 37 this year, the end is near.

slacker00

13.5 is outside the legal range. Are you saying GB is cheating? Maybe NFL should hand 4 games for Rodgers too?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

13.5 is outside the legal range. Are you saying GB is cheating? Maybe NFL should hand 4 games for Rodgers too?
    As long as he had Packers employees take the footballs to the bathroom to pump em up after inspection.....Green Bay are known as repeat offenders....and Rodgers chose not to cooperate with the investigation

Then fine.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    everyone plays with the balls

Tommy got screwed here

2-2 going to week 5
    gold sharp as a bowling ball like usual. explain how they can possibly b 2-2 going into week 5, bald idiot

eidolon
    USA

Just look at the chart and tell me who doesn't belong? Everyone pretty much bunched up and then the Pats shoot way up.....Not saying this chart says it all but goes along with what's come out today....It's just a piece

So for people to say deflating the football won't help....If this chart has any truth or merit, it has helped
    My argument was that there is no shown correlation of a balls inflation level to fumbles; it is all speculation. That is why I brought up Green bay. Because if we make an hypothesis that the balls inflation level is related to the number of fumbles, Green bay would be on the opposite side of the Patriots. That is why I think it is more happenstance than actual proof of their advantage from lower psi levels in the balls.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12906

Quote Originally Posted by NoRespect View Post
    brady should retire then blast goodell and the nfl front office for the rice cover up and slap on the wrist. morally which is worse, maybe letting air out of footballs or seeing the full video of rice beating his old lady then covering up the severity
    I have been saying this now for two days. Press conference, retire and tell "Mom, sorry not suppose to swear, but Roger can go F.... himself..." and the NFL just lost their star attraction. Goodell should be shit canned by the owners, what a f..... up. LOL.

NoRespect
    NoRespect's Avatar Become A Pro!

There's no evidence of Brady's wrongdoing

I'm not talking about old quarterbacks saying what Brady should have known or the Wells Report's many "probablys" by connecting dots. I'm talking about evidence that Brady had any say in deflating footballs. Evidence. Not conjecture. Facts.

Here's the entire Wells Report. Read it through. Find the evidence (not Ted Wells' opinion, but evidence) that Brady was explicitly involved in Jastremski and McNally probably conspiring to deflate footballs. Hit me up on Twitter @YahooSchwab with that evidence if you want. I asked for it last week. Still haven't had anyone find any.
    If you want to roll your eyes and say that Brady kept his hands clean like a football Tony Soprano, fine. If you want to judge him based on connecting a million dots, that's your right. But if the NFL is going to take four games from Brady without pay (about $2 million) and permanently damage the reputation of one of the greatest players in NFL history, I want more than someone saying "Well he had to have known!" I would like to see some evidence. Facts. Not conjecture or an opinion. Evidence. There simply is none.

And there was also no excuse for the NFL screwing up this punishment so badly, either.
    Points Awarded:

44 Mag gave NoRespect 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Some think Brady has a case to get the whole entire suspension overturned

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16534

He will appeal and get it reduced to a $100 fine.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

There's no evidence of Brady's wrongdoing

I'm not talking about old quarterbacks saying what Brady should have known or the Wells Report's many "probablys" by connecting dots. I'm talking about evidence that Brady had any say in deflating footballs. Evidence. Not conjecture. Facts.

Here's the entire Wells Report. Read it through. Find the evidence (not Ted Wells' opinion, but evidence) that Brady was explicitly involved in Jastremski and McNally probably conspiring to deflate footballs. Hit me up on Twitter @YahooSchwab with that evidence if you want. I asked for it last week. Still haven't had anyone find any.
    If you want to roll your eyes and say that Brady kept his hands clean like a football Tony Soprano, fine. If you want to judge him based on connecting a million dots, that's your right. But if the NFL is going to take four games from Brady without pay (about $2 million) and permanently damage the reputation of one of the greatest players in NFL history, I want more than someone saying "Well he had to have known!" I would like to see some evidence. Facts. Not conjecture or an opinion. Evidence. There simply is none.

And there was also no excuse for the NFL screwing up this punishment so badly, either.
    How do murderers get convicted with no body and no weapon?

You may want to familiarize yourself with "reasonable doubt.

Very few things like this are black and white. Life doesn't work that way.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    2 games

Brady is vital to the NFL
    Nobody is bigger than the shield.

slacker00

My argument was that there is no shown correlation of a balls inflation level to fumbles; it is all speculation. That is why I brought up Green bay. Because if we make an hypothesis that the balls inflation level is related to the number of fumbles, Green bay would be on the opposite side of the Patriots. That is why I think it is more happenstance than actual proof of their advantage from lower psi levels in the balls.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon

slacker00

We will get to test this. Going forward, Pats will have to play within legal PSI, see if the fumble rate continues or not.

NoRespect

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    How do murderers get convicted with no body and no weapon?

You may want to familiarize yourself with "reasonable doubt.

Very few things like this are black and white. Life doesn't work that way.

"reasonable doubt" works in the defendant favor

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

the fact that he thought he needed to cheat against one of the worst defenses i ever saw play should subject him to sit out three seasons

slacker00

"reasonable doubt" works in the defendant favor
    This isn't a legal proceeding. It goes along with the CBA agreement. It's a total different set of rules.

NoRespect

This isn't a legal proceeding. It goes along with the CBA agreement. It's a total different set of rules.
    tell that to opie1988. if it were a legal proceeding brady would get off in 30 seconds by a boston jury

opie1988

Only Pats homers would live in the fantasy world where Tom wasn't guilty because no one has pics of him deflating the balls. No smoking gun so therefore he can't be punished.

Certainly you're not that ignorant, are you?

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7361

Only Pats homers would live in the fantasy world where Tom wasn't guilty because no one has pics of him deflating the balls. No smoking gun so therefore he can't be punished.

Opie this pats drama has been going on for years. Can't wait till brady retires.

NoRespect

i knew enough to know that reasonable doubt doesnt work for the prosecution

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Gotta pay the piper

opie1988

i knew enough to know that reasonable doubt doesnt work for the prosecution
    Dumbfukk....it's uncertainty as to a defendants guilt. That's what they had here. There was simply no question Tommy was complicit.

Again....simply because there wasn't video of Tom ordering the balls to be deflated, doesn't make him innocent.

I get that you most likely don't understand that.

#PATSNATION

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Tom is the second coming of Jesus Christ to alot of Pats fans.

First 123456 Last