leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Nats RL +135

I think their losing streak finally comes to an end tonight, Fister is pitching well, he's 4-0 in April last 3 seasons, 3-0 vs Bravos and Was finally gets a lefty. Cheers all.

leetreaper

Add: Nats ML -127 2*Units

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Thanks for the fade.

leetreaper

STL is 100-54 after a loss last 3 seasons and get pathetic Phils tonight, 'nough said: Cards -141 +

Cards Under 6.5 -112
    Last edited by leetreaper; 04-27-15 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Added Total

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

looks like a good play on paper

i just dont trust the Nationals the way they are playing currently

i almost made fister a play i just couldnt do it. That team is a mess. Ian Desmond is having major problems fielding the ball at shortstop

leetreaper

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    looks like a good play on paper

i just dont trust the Nationals the way they are playing currently

i almost made fister a play i just couldnt do it. That team is a mess. Ian Desmond is having major problems fielding the ball at shortstop
    Tonight is the perfect situation to turn the things around, if they lose they are doomed.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    Tonight is the perfect situation to turn the things around, if they lose they are doomed.
    Just goes to show how stupid this guy really is. He just said if a team loses a game in April in a 162 game season, they are "doomed."

Holy shit this guy is dumb.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave t-wizzle 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

it is a favorable match up

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

STL is 100-54 after a loss last 3 seasons and get pathetic Phils tonight, 'nough said: Cards -141
    i understand cards tough off losses but their main focus is winning series. really think you overpaying tonight cause lackey numbers at busch cant possibly be sustainable and there very little chance he gets much run support as hamels will own us most likely. cards 2.2 runs per 9 vs lefties isnt anything new, outside of kershaw we have struggled vs lefties for years..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i understand cards tough off losses but their main focus is winning series. really think you overpaying tonight cause lackey numbers at busch cant possibly be sustainable and there very little chance he gets much run support as hamels will own us most likely. cards 2.2 runs per 9 vs lefties isnt anything new, outside of kershaw we have struggled vs lefties for years..
    "Lackey" and "-141" should never go together.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 44 Mag

leetreaper

Yeah, but .303 average, small sample so the runs will come.
    Also Philly can't hit so I'll take a low scoring win.

leetreaper

This Nelson kid might be for real, just a uniter on Crew +106.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Points Awarded:

t-wizzle gave pattymayo 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

2daBank

what .303 avg you talking bout? think something like .222 vs hamels as a team, .260ish vs lefties overall.. that 2.2 runs per 9 vs lefties wont increase a whole hell of a lot over the season imo. maybe it creeps closer to 3 runs per 9 but this isnt a team that gonna have a ton of success against lhp imo, history says as much and they more left handed dominate in the lineup than years past..

sbfk
    sbfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

The nats can't score runs... if you watch their at bats the only guy who looks like hes even remotely trying is Bryce Harper

leetreaper

Leaning Rays, Fish, Twinkies.

leetreaper

what .303 avg you talking bout?
    Against lefties this year.

pattymayo

.303 average? Huh?

2daBank

Against lefties this year.
    that is not correct unless im looking at bad numbers..

2daBank

Leaning Rays, Fish, Twinkies.
    already played fish. im all bout fading the muts since the streak was snapped..

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by sbfk View Post
    The nats can't score runs... if you watch their at bats the only guy who looks like hes even remotely trying is Bryce Harper
    Leetretard doesn't watch, he just throws darts based on meaningless trends dating back years and years

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Atlanta doesn't strike out. Fister can't strike anyone out. A few Nats hitters rake Stults. I actually like the over in this one.

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Leetretard doesn't watch, he just throws darts based on meaningless trends dating back years and years
    Not only that his stats and trends aren't even right. Cards are not hitting .304 against lefties

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Not only that his stats and trends aren't even right. Cards are not hitting .304 against lefties
    im really surprised they have a slightly higher ba vs lhp than right thus far. very early tho and they probably havnt seen a ton of lefties of yet. id bet anything there no way at end of season their avg is better against lhp than right, so id expect that .269 to come down in the coming months. especially with grichuk out who they platoon against lefties quite often. with heyword coming up a little gimp yesterday, yadi out. this gonna be a kinda weak cards lineup tonight facing one of the better lefties in the business. with no grichuk and them sitting heyword that means either reynolds plays outfield or that no hitting bum they got from angels borjous or whatever. if it reynolds that puts fat boy adams at 1st so another lefty in middle of order for cole to dispose of.. there just no way -140ish is the right side imo, obviously not saying cards cant win but the percentages of them doing so dont add up to a play in that price range imo..especially going off their record after a loss cause i would bet anything that record is not as stellar when it entering a new series. now cards off a loss in series id assume has been very good as their mantra is "win series".
    Last edited by 2daBank; 04-27-15 at 01:33 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lee I like this bet the nets match up very well man as you can see it all the games

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Lee I like this bet the nets match up very well man as you can see it all the games

leetreaper

Rays +131

posey
    posey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1250

I think their losing streak finally comes to an end tonight, Fister is pitching well, he's 4-0 in April last 3 seasons, 3-0 vs Bravos and Was finally gets a lefty. Cheers all.
    I don't wanna criticize you but only tell that this 4-0 or 3-0 doesn't tell the whole story.
    1) His teams (not only his record) record in April since 2012 is 6-3, the record of the last 5 of those 9 games is 2-3 of his teams.
    2) He played for Detroit in 6 of those 9 and was up against Josh Beckett in 2012 (W, who ended the year with a 4.65 ERA), Ivan Nova (W, who had a road ERA of 4.40 in 2013 along a 6.48 ERA in March/April of 2013), Josh Johnson (W, who has turned in a gas can back then in 2013 and ended with an ERA of bigger than 6.00), Aaron Harang (W, pitching for the back then shitty Mariners), CJ Wilson (L), Mike Minor (W), all in 2013 and Cole Hamels (L), Cole Hamels (W) and Lackey (L) in 2015. Does this record still look so good?
    3) A sample size of 9 games is quite small.
    4) The Nationals have been batting for a .211 Avg. against LHP this season (but their BABIP is quite low, so it should indeed get better in the future).

And if I wanted to I could find other things AGAINST the Nats. But in the end I don't want to criticize you, only show a different kind of analysis.

posey
    posey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1250

2dabank, Cards have nearly a .370 BABIP against LHP this year, their numbers will go down in the future as it looks like.
    They also have only 3 guys to date who had at least 10 PAs or more against LHP this season:
    - Matt Holliday (13 PA, .625 AVG, .833 BABIP)
    - Matt Carpenter (18 PA, .353 AVG, .400 BABIP)
    - Jason Heyward (20 PA, .278 AVG, .313 BABPI)
    The only BABIP which looks 'sustainable' is the one of Heyward.
    Their career stats vs LHP:
    - Holliday .303 AVG
    - Carpenter .278 AVG
    - Heyward .222 AVG

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by posey View Post
    2dabank, Cards have nearly a .370 BABIP against LHP this year, their numbers will go down in the future as it looks like.
    They also have only 3 guys to date who had at least 10 PAs or more against LHP this season:
    - Matt Holliday (13 PA, .625 AVG, .833 BABIP)
    - Matt Carpenter (18 PA, .353 AVG, .400 BABIP)
    - Jason Heyward (20 PA, .278 AVG, .313 BABPI)
    The only BABIP which looks 'sustainable' is the one of Heyward.
    Their career stats vs LHP:
    - Holliday .303 AVG
    - Carpenter .278 AVG
    - Heyward .222 AVG
    thanx, i was mostly going off assumption cause i know cards well enough to get away with that quite often, lol.. i actually feel heyward will bring his lifetime avg up against lefties as he was capable of hitting them at one point in his life and for whatever reason had been on a horrendous downward arc in atl since early on (no clue why exactly but in this city and playing for a contract tend to bring out the best in players). he is not playing tonight to the best of my knowledge tho..

holliday been babip'ing every pitcher to death hitting a bunch of hard ground balls that finding holes at a insane rate this year. that will obviously regress but at same time he generally hits the ball hard and typically has been a slow starter so while more of those grounders will assuredly stop finding holes he will most likely hit more line drives at some point. clearly not to the tune of whatever he hitting as of now, just saying there potential that his regression isnt as drastic as it may appear it could be.. him and carpenters career avgs against lefties bout exactly where id expect them to be..

carp is just raking right now, i believe he leads the team in hrs and doubles (which is great but also a indictment of our alleged power hitters). i had my doubts about him being productive enough to be a 3rd baseman but think he has become worth every penny we gave him (not that he got insane money, will prob turn out to be a steal if his career keeps progressing the way it has). dunno how his season will go overall but most that .400 babip isnt seeing eye singles dropping in or finding holes. he hitting the ball hard at bat after at bat.. very small sample and i dont like projecting BvP on such but he hasnt hit hamels in the 7 abs against him he 0-6 with a walk..

with the lineup im expecting to see tonight i really have no problem saying if hamels is pitching the way he capable cards should not touch anything more than 3 runs and i think that the high side honestly.. it really comes down to do you believe lackey's success over 6 games at busch is sustainable? really makes no sense that somehow in this particular stadium he is several runs better than everywhere else in the damn world! i just dont buy it, the guy is what he is at this point in his life and that is not the ace he pitches like in our park for some reason?? if you force him to pitch in the kzone the guy is hittable, hopefully the phils dont do what the brew crew did his last outing here and expand the zone to ridiculous proportions, practically swinging at anything within 58 feet of home and inside the batters box!!

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by posey View Post
    I don't wanna criticize you but only tell that this 4-0 or 3-0 doesn't tell the whole story.
    1) His teams (not only his record) record in April since 2012 is 6-3, the record of the last 5 of those 9 games is 2-3 of his teams.
    2) He played for Detroit in 6 of those 9 and was up against Josh Beckett in 2012 (W, who ended the year with a 4.65 ERA), Ivan Nova (W, who had a road ERA of 4.40 in 2013 along a 6.48 ERA in March/April of 2013), Josh Johnson (W, who has turned in a gas can back then in 2013 and ended with an ERA of bigger than 6.00), Aaron Harang (W, pitching for the back then shitty Mariners), CJ Wilson (L), Mike Minor (W), all in 2013 and Cole Hamels (L), Cole Hamels (W) and Lackey (L) in 2015. Does this record still look so good?
    3) A sample size of 9 games is quite small.
    4) The Nationals have been batting for a .211 Avg. against LHP this season (but their BABIP is quite low, so it should indeed get better in the future).

And if I wanted to I could find other things AGAINST the Nats. But in the end I don't want to criticize you, only show a different kind of analysis.
    Don't bother. leetretard just looks up trends on covers and throws darts

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

I wouldn't touch the Nats with wizzles PSI bankroll right now

leetreaper

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    I wouldn't touch the Nats with wizzles PSI bankroll right now
    hahahahaha

leetreaper

thanx, i was mostly going off assumption cause i know cards well enough to get away with that quite often, lol.. i actually feel heyward will bring his lifetime avg up against lefties as he was capable of hitting them at one point in his life and for whatever reason had been on a horrendous downward arc in atl since early on (no clue why exactly but in this city and playing for a contract tend to bring out the best in players). he is not playing tonight to the best of my knowledge tho..

holliday been babip'ing every pitcher to death hitting a bunch of hard ground balls that finding holes at a insane rate this year. that will obviously regress but at same time he generally hits the ball hard and typically has been a slow starter so while more of those grounders will assuredly stop finding holes he will most likely hit more line drives at some point. clearly not to the tune of whatever he hitting as of now, just saying there potential that his regression isnt as drastic as it may appear it could be.. him and carpenters career avgs against lefties bout exactly where id expect them to be..

carp is just raking right now, i believe he leads the team in hrs and doubles (which is great but also a indictment of our alleged power hitters). i had my doubts about him being productive enough to be a 3rd baseman but think he has become worth every penny we gave him (not that he got insane money, will prob turn out to be a steal if his career keeps progressing the way it has). dunno how his season will go overall but most that .400 babip isnt seeing eye singles dropping in or finding holes. he hitting the ball hard at bat after at bat.. very small sample and i dont like projecting BvP on such but he hasnt hit hamels in the 7 abs against him he 0-6 with a walk..

with the lineup im expecting to see tonight i really have no problem saying if hamels is pitching the way he capable cards should not touch anything more than 3 runs and i think that the high side honestly.. it really comes down to do you believe lackey's success over 6 games at busch is sustainable? really makes no sense that somehow in this particular stadium he is several runs better than everywhere else in the damn world! i just dont buy it, the guy is what he is at this point in his life and that is not the ace he pitches like in our park for some reason?? if you force him to pitch in the kzone the guy is hittable, hopefully the phils dont do what the brew crew did his last outing here and expand the zone to ridiculous proportions, practically swinging at anything within 58 feet of home and inside the batters box!!
    Agreed, I predict 3-1, 3-2 Cards.

2daBank

Agreed, I predict 3-1, 3-2 Cards.
    hoping it the opposite scoreline but now im going to the gm so will be quite torn. i never mind betting against cards but dont do it when im actually going, guess im a little happy either way! lol

123 Last