MarkWoodstick
    Update your status
    MarkWoodstick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

This is the ONLY pick you need to make in the first round of the NBA playoffs

Trailblazers to win series +185 (this is the price I got)

I think for the most part the rest of the series lines are pretty sharp.

I haven't been sold on the Grizzlies this season due to the glacial PACE they play at (26th in the league) and their overall struggle to score consistently and hit 3-pointers (20th in the league in eFG%, and probably lower than that over the last 2-3 months). Unfortunately, the roster construction of this team (having two ball-dominant low post scorers which clogs the lane, a lack of 3-point shooters, and a lack of players in the backcourt that can penetrate and create their own shot), forces Memphis to play at a slower, grinding pace. Their elite defense (when healthy) allows this team to get away with playing at such a slow, grinding pace during the regular season. However, in the playoffs, where most teams play at a much higher pace, they will struggle to adjust.

Plus, two of their key perimeter defenders (Conley and Allen) are hobbled with injuries, which further exacerbates their issues.

Despite missing their key 3 and D guy in Wes Matthews, he will not be needed as much in the series (Memphis lacks playmakers in the backcourt), and they have enough firepower (at least in this series) offensively (8th in the league in offensive efficiency and EFF FG%) to score enough to beat Memphis.

Robin Lopez is a key player in this series. Him and Aldridge provide enough size and defensive prowess to fend off Memphis "big 2" down low. This series will ultimately come down to the backcourt, where I will take Lillard, Batum, Afflalo, Mccollum, Blake over the hobbled Conley/Allen, Lee (who is actually pretty damn good), the corpse of Vince Carter, the inconsistent Jeff Green, and Beno Udrih and Calathes (both can be brutal over stretches)

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

I'll grab +180 ML tonight and sleep well

BOL

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Woody good luck

Memphis banged up

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Pace slows down in playoffs. Injuries plague both sides. Memphis more physical. Easier points at a premium in playoffs.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by MarkWoodstick View Post
    Trailblazers to win series +185 (this is the price I got)

I think for the most part the rest of the series lines are pretty sharp.

I haven't been sold on the Grizzlies this season due to the glacial PACE they play at (26th in the league) and their overall struggle to score consistently and hit 3-pointers (20th in the league in eFG%, and probably lower than that over the last 2-3 months). Unfortunately, the roster construction of this team (having two ball-dominant low post scorers which clogs the lane, a lack of 3-point shooters, and a lack of players in the backcourt that can penetrate and create their own shot), forces Memphis to play at a slower, grinding pace. Their elite defense (when healthy) allows this team to get away with playing at such a slow, grinding pace during the regular season. However, in the playoffs, where most teams play at a much higher pace, they will struggle to adjust.

Plus, two of their key perimeter defenders (Conley and Allen) are hobbled with injuries, which further exacerbates their issues.

Despite missing their key 3 and D guy in Wes Matthews, he will not be needed as much in the series (Memphis lacks playmakers in the backcourt), and they have enough firepower (at least in this series) offensively (8th in the league in offensive efficiency and EFF FG%) to score enough to beat Memphis.

Robin Lopez is a key player in this series. Him and Aldridge provide enough size and defensive prowess to fend off Memphis "big 2" down low. This series will ultimately come down to the backcourt, where I will take Lillard, Batum, Afflalo, Mccollum, Blake over the hobbled Conley/Allen, Lee (who is actually pretty damn good), the corpse of Vince Carter, the inconsistent Jeff Green, and Beno Udrih and Calathes (both can be brutal over stretches)
    Teams play at a slower pace in the playoffs. Portland can set the tone and get ahead to make Grizzlies play at a faster pace, but Gasol and ZBo can easily score half of the Grizzlies points and Lilliard and LA can easily score 60 of the Blazers points. Take the two headed monster you think will be the most dominant. I'll take ZBo and Gasol

MarkWoodstick
    Update your status
    MarkWoodstick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

Sure, the place does slow, but Memphis will still have trouble scoring in the halfcourt (especially with their PNR playmaker Conley hobbled). Long missed 2's and corner threes will lead to plenty og fastbreak/transition opportunities for Blazers to dictate pace. Remember, it is usually the higher pace team that is able to dictate the pace over the slower.

Grizzlies best chance is getting Aldridge/Lopez in foul trouble (which is certainly a worry), which will lead to free throws in the bonus and less minutes for those two. At +185 odds, I will take that risk.

I especially like the fact that Aldridge is by far the most reliable, efficient scorer in this series, so a slower pace does not necessarily benefit Memphis as much as people think.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

Mem is a deadbolt lock.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1252

Why does everyone think conley banged upon. He is over the injury and looked good in scrimmage You guys are gonna be surprised tonight when u see what kind of team Memphis is in the playoffs. Defense wins games not 3 pt shooting.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Blazers are the fukkin Raptors of the West.

"We the north too."

At least the books are giving Portland points.

biggie12

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Blazers are the fukkin Raptors of the West.

"We the north too."

At least the books are giving Portland points.
    If raptors played d like Memphis they would of finished 1st in the east.

So no they are not like the raptors nice try tho

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Weird considering Port's injuries.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

No team hobbled into the playoffs with poorer health than the blazers. Grizz should take care of the blazer with ease

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    If raptors played d like Memphis they would of finished 1st in the east.

So no they are not like the raptors nice try tho
    Huh?

I said the blazers.

And only because they suck and they won a terrible division.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Blazers are not a very good team. Outside of Aldridge there is nobody capable of scoring. Lillard had one good year last year but he is average at best.

TwoWays

Lillard turning into a pumpkin before our eyes. Lillard must be attending the Lin school of fire hydrant defense

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

You can double up and get better odds on Portland for the series price before the next game. Hurry.

biggie12

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Huh?

I said the blazers.

And only because they suck and they won a terrible division.
    Lol my mind is on the raptors didn't even read Blazers I thought u said Memphis is like the raptors my bad

TwoWays

-185 for the griz series was a joke. Whoever made that line should be shot
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

biggie12

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    Lol my mind is on the raptors didn't even read Blazers I thought u said Memphis is like the raptors my bad
    To the OP

Quit while ur ahead if u think Portland had the best odds for this series u need to drop some acid and reevaluate ur betting strategies

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    -185 for the griz series was a joke. Whoever made that line should be shot
    suckers like OP thought differently. guess thats why vegas has all those hotels.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

Garbage blazers

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

LaMarcus/Lillard have taken 54 of Blazers' 87 shots. Unfortunately, they've accounted for 37 of Portland's 59 misses.

Take the Duo that is most dominant.

TwoWays

Learn from us mark. We are here to teach.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quaduaple up and get the blazers series price really high now.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Blazers just need 3 more wins.