Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

This...

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Lol 2 of games Cavs threw to Celtics. How about I get Cavs in under 6.5 games?

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

Saying that Stevens is the best coach in the NBA at the moment, is horribly absurd.
    Keep in mind that the Celtics got 'the gift' from the Cavs in their last 2 games with Kyrie out in the 1st and the same guy along with LeBron, Love and Smith out. Similar thing with Raptors, who decided to keep DeRozan out.
    Cavs won't screw around in the PO, so it's going to be Cavs in 4 or Cavs in 5.

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    NBA has too much disparity. It's a superstar league. Only 5 teams have any type of chance to win it all: Cavs, Hawks, Warriors, Spurs, Clips.

And in reality, it's either Cavs, Warriors or Spurs.
    fact u dont even give bulls a look is a shame.

season ticket holder for celts. one game at a time. i think they'll give cavs a run for their money….

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

Quote Originally Posted by SharkAA View Post
    Saying that Stevens is the best coach in the NBA at the moment, is horribly absurd.
    Keep in mind that the Celtics got 'the gift' from the Cavs in their last 2 games with Kyrie out in the 1st and the same guy along with LeBron, Love and Smith out. Similar thing with Raptors, who decided to keep DeRozan out.
    Cavs won't screw around in the PO, so it's going to be Cavs in 4 or Cavs in 5.
    name a better basketball coach, ya dope. have any clue whats gone in boston this year?

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

The games the Cavs "threw" to the celtics actually comes with some important analysis...The first game, Lebron played and they intended to try and win..the celtics beat them with lebron going hard..the next game Cleveland played their bench who got steam rolled by boston.

If the celts can outscore clevelands bench by 20+ points and if the starters hang within 15-20 of clevelands starters..the celts can hang around until the 4th qtrs of games..Stevens at this early juncture is 10x the coach Blatt is..Blatt doesn't really have any control it seems so once Lebrons team mates start missing shorts and the king starts to sulk..it may make his team mates uncomfortable taking shots and just deferring to him where we've seen what happens when lebron tries to win by himself..he cant

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

Quote Originally Posted by mikeya2k View Post
    name a better basketball coach, ya dope. have any clue whats gone in boston this year?
    Gregg Popovich for starters.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12906

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    agreed.

BeanTownClown88

Pop has admitted to using some of Steven's plays. They are buds and Pop at least acknowledges that Stevens is one hell of a coach, especially for a young guy..Celts 24-13 since ASB or something crazy..I bet they win 50 games or near that next year

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    Pop has admitted to using some of Steven's plays. They are buds and Pop at least acknowledges that Stevens is one hell of a coach, especially for a young guy..Celts 24-13 since ASB or something crazy..I bet they win 50 games or near that next year
    I thought we were talking about their chances in the playoffs this year in this thread ???

BeanTownClown88

hey..chances are always better if the team has a good coach right!?

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

The games the Cavs "threw" to the celtics actually comes with some important analysis...The first game, Lebron played and they intended to try and win..the celtics beat them with lebron going hard..the next game Cleveland played their bench who got steam rolled by boston.

If the celts can outscore clevelands bench by 20+ points and if the starters hang within 15-20 of clevelands starters..the celts can hang around until the 4th qtrs of games..Stevens at this early juncture is 10x the coach Blatt is..Blatt doesn't really have any control it seems so once Lebrons team mates start missing shorts and the king starts to sulk..it may make his team mates uncomfortable taking shots and just deferring to him where we've seen what happens when lebron tries to win by himself..he cant
    In that first game, all of Cavs starters sat out the 4th quarter, but Celtics were already winning anyway... in fact they were up 14 at the half before Cavs made a 3rd quarter run. Its all about matchups for me... if Cavs keep playing this iso-ball with LeBron and Kyrie, then Celtics matchup great... they feed off of iso-type teams. If Cavs play team ball, this series could be over quick. Im a Cavs fan through and through but Celtics have me worried. It'll come down to what kind of ball Cavs play. Kyrie and Love are not 100%, hopefully LeBron doesnt think he has to win it alone. Celtics obviously wanted to play the Cavs as evident by their non-tank the last game of the year.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

This is a huge difference from someone saying Stevens is the best coach in the league. Guy can coach, no doubt, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Stevens can coach his balls off it won't matter. The Celtics cannot win this series so they cannot win the East. The best player will always win and always has. One game like football maybe, to beat the Cavs 4 times without injuries is next to impossible. That is the way it is I am sorry.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    Stevens can coach his balls off it won't matter. The Celtics cannot win this series so they cannot win the East. The best player will always win and always has. One game like football maybe, to beat the Cavs 4 times without injuries is next to impossible. That is the way it is I am sorry.
    Hey, somebody with a brain.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

The dumbest part about this bet is not thinking they can beat the Cavs but thinking they can win 3 straight series.

I could live with an argument that they have a small chance to beat the Cavs even though I wouldn't agree. But thinking they can win 3 straight is just stupid. 0 chance to happen. Not 0.01. 0. Well I guess maybe 0.00001 if every other team's top 5 players all get injured.

Mac4Lyfe

"Anything is possible"...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mikeya2k

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status
    WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

True but hardly ever are there major upsets in NBA playoffs

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  9.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    "Anything is possible"...

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Celts will cover and win a couple games to make it interesting.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Three double digit dogs for playoff games. That's seems laughable

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

But seriously, what is the point of this bet. Winning the East

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Someone missed the Spurs last year then...

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

WTF

Vegas gives you +10000 BC it will never hit ever.

I can't believe there are people that try these longshots.

red12sox
    red12sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Why don't you just go get a $10 scratch off ticket?? I'm a Celtics fan and this is one of the dumbest threads I have seen on here. I honestly believe some idiots on here make these threads just to generate traffic.

lupe
    lupe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

100-1 is terrible odds. They are +2750 to beat Cavs at 5dimes. If we be conservative and they are +1000 for next 2 series, you could rollover parlay those and get over 2700-1 odds.

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Do you think the books might know this??? Hmmm, I'm kinda thinking the whole world knows this. Wait, maybe that is why the Cavs are -5,000 to win this series!!! Lol, way to state the absolute obvious! Very observant, lol

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by red12sox View Post
    Why don't you just go get a $10 scratch off ticket?? I'm a Celtics fan and this is one of the dumbest threads I have seen on here. I honestly believe some idiots on here make these threads just to generate traffic.
    it works doesnt it

TwoWays

Double digit dog just asking for trouble. Who gives this much in a playoff game . Hard to cover

Mac4Lyfe

The two things that you can never know are injuries and/or team chemistry.

One injury to a key star player and a team can pretty much fall apart. If Lebron goes down, Cleveland is fukked. Cleveland hasn't been able to win without Lebron in over a decade.

Team chemistry is another slippery slope that can turn a winning team into a steaming pile of bird doodoo. A teammate banging another teammates wife or mother. Some type of illegal shit like getting caught with a he/she hooker or drunk driving, or getting accused of beating or raping some chick and the entire team implodes.

So while these odds are seemingly insurmountable and foolish, every blue moon we see the impossible. Throwing lunch money on a bet like this is a little less probable than hitting the lottery but you got to play for a chance to get paid.

TwoWays

Bron doesn't get injured. He only gives up. He has yet to win a championship without d Wade. He wants to win one quick for clev so he can get the fck out of that crap town

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lupe View Post
    100-1 is terrible odds. They are +2750 to beat Cavs at 5dimes. If we be conservative and they are +1000 for next 2 series, you could rollover parlay those and get over 2700-1 odds.
    if they bear cavs they wont be worse than +500 against anyone else

Mac4Lyfe

The odds are pretty low that he gets injured or quits but it's most likely better than +10000.

I grew up in Cleveland. It's a great city if you don't count the snow. Don't believe what the media tries to drag up.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Bron doesn't get injured. He only gives up. He has yet to win a championship without d Wade. He wants to win one quick for clev so he can get the fck out of that crap town

TwoWays

Jr smith, all he talks about is Arby's after dark. Jr knows

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    The two things that you can never know are injuries and/or team chemistry.

One injury to a key star player and a team can pretty much fall apart. If Lebron goes down, Cleveland is fukked. Cleveland hasn't been able to win without Lebron in over a decade.

Team chemistry is another slippery slope that can turn a winning team into a steaming pile of bird doodoo. A teammate banging another teammates wife or mother. Some type of illegal shit like getting caught with a he/she hooker or drunk driving, or getting accused of beating or raping some chick and the entire team implodes.

So while these odds are seemingly insurmountable and foolish, every blue moon we see the impossible. Throwing lunch money on a bet like this is a little less probable than hitting the lottery but you got to play for a chance to get paid.
    Derrick Rose first knee injury turned a Bulls 1 seed into a first round defeat. Other than that no recent injuries have derailed a one or two seed this early in the playoffs. All signs point to a Cavs in 4 or 5 game series.

First 123 Last