The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Baseball needs to allow steroids.

No one wants to watch this crap.

There is a collective batting average of .225 in major league baseball.

This is like watching soccer. Or even worse, watching JJ attempting to score with a girl.

There has only been one game with a set total of 9 or higher. And that game was a shutout.

Needless to say, MLB has gotten rid of the steroid issue. Now they need to bring it back.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No one wants to watch this crap.

There is a collective batting average of .225 in major league baseball.

This is like watching soccer. Or even worse, watching JJ attempting to score with a girl.

There has only been one game with a set total of 9 or higher. And that game was a shutout.

Needless to say, MLB has gotten rid of the steroid issue. Now they need to bring it back.
    Steroids can't help the beloved Phils. Teaching them to swing at strikes and take balls will. They seem to have it the other way around. Minnesota? They couldn't hit if you had A ball pitchers out there. Pathetic.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

evolution of the game. Shifts, relievers used in match ups more, everyone throws mid 90s, faster better defenders...even if you hit the ball now chances are higher someone will catch it

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Runs will come as the season progresses. All the teams had their healthy aces pitching. Injuries and stamina will come into play as we go into the summer.

abovepar
    abovepar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1438

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Runs will come as the season progresses. All the teams had their healthy aces pitching. Injuries and stamina will come into play as we go into the summer.
    This is true. We should have known the unders were coming to start the season. I got a few... Damn reds/pirates game last night tho

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Its horrific
    college hoops might be better

soccer way better now

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

rockies are stacked

mauling the ball

some big time long balls

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Americans. No tolerance for strategy in sports.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Like saying tt needs to allow salads Giant.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19593

I'd rather see pitching, defense, hit and run, moving runners over, etc. than a bunch of chumps taking batting practice.

The Giant

Good discussion, guys.

Quality banter, intelligent insight, thought-provoking stuff, that's what SBR is all about.

Oh, and Lakerboy.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

just make wider bats.

problem solved.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

I never understood baseball. Why do they have to run to the bases counter clockwise instead of clockwise? People are faster when running to their right and more runs would be scored.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    I'd rather see pitching, defense, hit and run, moving runners over, etc. than a bunch of chumps taking batting practice.
    Yes sir, I agree. I really enjoyed the opening game in the Braves /Marlins series. Pure baseball at its finest. Even had a rain delay with a retractable roof.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    I never understood baseball. Why do they have to run to the bases counter clockwise instead of clockwise? People are faster when running to their right and more runs would be scored.

what....the....penetrate

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shift should be outlawed, personally I like seeing homeruns and over the shoulder crashing into the wall hits over a 1-0 pitching duel.

JLester2015
    JLester2015's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Nah, just let the shitty fans watch NBA. NBA is the worst product in American sports by far... not one ounce of defense in the regular season, in any given game you are watching free throws more than actual basketball.... Baseball is great. If people don't like pitching or defense, they can penetrate off.

JLester2015

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    lol you're so dumb

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Shift should be outlawed, personally I like seeing homeruns and over the shoulder crashing into the wall hits over a 1-0 pitching duel.
    They can't outlaw the shifts. They have been around forever, Ted Williams used to hit through them.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

every sport out there should allow steroids, I can't speak much on baseball but logically I can say 100% without any uncertainty any kind of steroids/peds should be legal.

Ra77er

I understand that Giant but the kids these days dont hit like Ted or Tony Gwynn or even the great Vlad the impaler these days. I think banning the shift is the best way to get some more excitement in the game. Plus imagine a no no without a shift amazing

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    I understand that Giant but the kids these days dont hit like Ted or Tony Gwynn or even the great Vlad the impaler these days. I think banning the shift is the best way to get some more excitement in the game. Plus imagine a no no without a shift amazing
    I just don't understand how you can tell players where they're allowed to align. Batters need to learn to hit the other way, or bunt. Maybe it's time to lower the mound, or just put PED's in the dugout. This just isn't a very good product for an already ADD society.
    Points Awarded:

Emancipator gave The Giant 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JLester2015

I just don't understand how you can tell players where they're allowed to align. Batters need to learn to hit the other way, or bunt. Maybe it's time to lower the mound, or just put PED's in the dugout. This just isn't a very good product for an already ADD society.
    Soccer is as boring as it gets and people still like that globally. Although of course, not that much to do globally as in the states.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

Pitchers were doing just as much PEDs as the batters back in the day.

JLester2015

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    Pitchers were doing just as much PEDs as the batters back in the day.
    Pitchers just do it to rebound from injuries though. From my understanding of PED's, don't most of them make your ligaments a little bit tighter? Just asking for arm problems if you do steroids.

Ra77er

Baseball players already use the basepath even though there isn't a visible line. I don't think it would be that hard to assign areas of play for each position. Honestly I dunno what the answer is because I don't get paid to do that but I do know I enjoyed the product a lot more when roids were running wild. I don't think that's ever the answer though but something similar but natural would be ideal to me personally.

JLester2015

Steroids are bad for you. You may say, oh well, so a few professional players will be doing steroids and shorten their life. No big deal. But the problem is, everyone trying to make the majors would be doing steroids too. That's a much larger group of people.

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

I think performance enhancing drugs should be allowed in all sports. I also think performance dehancing drugs should be allowed in all sports, so what I do I know

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

if you watch baseball for more than 20 minutes a day your a jerkoff and very very boring guy

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

The Giant

You're a National League guy, Tat, with a team that can't hit.

This plays perfectly for your small ball club.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

You're a National League guy, Tat, with a team that can't hit.

This plays perfectly for your small ball club.
    Giants let's face it. At some point in the life of most men they reach an age where the excitement of the game as passed us by. You could have just made a thread saying I'm officially an old man and I'd rather just watch highlights. There's no shame in that. My father reached that point 20 years ago.

Love ya
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave tatddy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I have been killing it on unders. They give you lemons..learn how to make lemonade and quit being a whiner.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Giants let's face it. At some point in the life of most men they reach an age where the excitement of the game as passed us by. You could have just made a thread saying I'm officially an old man and I'd rather just watch highlights. There's no shame in that. My father reached that point 20 years ago.

Love ya
    I think you've got it backwards. Old people love these 2-1 games.

This is a new generation, Tat. Either you conform or you're behind the eight-ball. Manfred will make changes. Unlike Selig, he knows how to text and e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I have been killing it on unders. They give you lemons..learn how to make lemonade and quit being a whiner.
    Quit joking around, Pavy. No one here believes you gamble. You're just here for points, glimpses at JJ's bald head, and the ultimate dream of pizza.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

literally no one watches baseball outside of the sedentary and geriatric crowds. it's been like that for many years now, the sport is dead and irrelevant.

only things worth watching..

1. NFL & CFB
    2. NHL playoffs
    3. Int'l soccer tourneys
    4. Tennis & Golf majors
    5. NBA playoffs (barely)

baseball is so unwatchable that even college hoops is better, and that sport is a disaster.

it's funny that people rage about the NBA regular season (which i agree is meaningless), but to think there's still a "sport" that spans nearly 8 months with a long pre-season, 162 worthless games, and playoffs is laughable.

123 Last