DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19443

Nothing unusual about the officiating and Duke was clearly the better team.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

I blame Goodell. He's a Duche!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post

best post of thread

lupe
    lupe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    best post of thread
    worst post of the thread

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Yes it's actually very unusual that the head of refs admitted his guys blew several critical calls down the stretch.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    It's not the only thing to talk about; Tyus Jones played great, Grayson Allen surprised many people, Coach K won his 1,000th victory and a national championship this year.

But when else has the head of officiating admitted multiple erred calls in a National Championship game?!?!

It's worthy of discussion.
    Werent there multiple erred calls throughout the whole tourney? Is there a surprise that they missed calls in a title game when they have been bad all along? The refs put Winslow and Okafor on the bench, yet apparently Duke got all the calls.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

That out of bounds play had about 0.01% bearing on the final outcome, so who fukking cares if this doosh is gonna call Boo-hoo Ryan. Ryan rubbed me the wrong way with his post-game comments about everything, was not very respectful. I mean I realize in the heat of the moment, etc. - but he never back tracked.

Guy cries about the physical nature of the game because he's used to his guys getting the calls and the FTs. Not the ref's fault that Duke was more aggressive and put themselves into situations where contact was - Wisconsin was weak and didn't get to the rim.

Pretty sure he wasn't bitching about the nature of fouls in the Arizona game when there were a bajillion FTs shot, because #1 he won and #2, his team got to the FT line a lot.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

The NCAA has been helping Duke since 1991 when they made sure their refs wouldn't let the probation bound undefeated and defending champs UNLV Rebs get a fair game the year after they embarrassed them in '90. Anyone who denies it doesn't live in reality. Whether it was the blatant screw job in '91 vs UNLV, the mind boggling calls vs. Baylor and Butler on their way to another phony title in '10, or the fluff draw in this years tourney and complete disgrace of last nights officiating to get them another phony title, Duke is to NCAA basketball what Goebbels was to the Third Reich.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Funny how the Duke bias crowd comes out when they win one and no one says anything when they lose in the 1st round. Kentucky got jobbed in the semis more than Wisconsin did in the final. 9 pt lead, make some penetrating shots and you win instead of whining about officiating

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Yes it's actually very unusual that the head of refs admitted his guys blew several critical calls down the stretch.
    ?? where did you see he said that they blew critical calls down the stretch? Where are you getting that, he said the refs didnt have the view tv had of a fingertip view. Duke was up 5 points with less than 2 minutes left! Wisconsin had tons of calls in that kentucky game, that botched call against kentucky was much worse with less than than 3 minutes left that led to their win over kentucky, wisconsin has benefitted from tons of calls starting with the big ten title game where gasser was obviously out of bounds.

Duke beat Wisconsin twice this year, once by 10 at in madison and Duke beat them again last night with two of their best players with 4 fouls.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

toretto just a big ten homer

nothing to see here

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Wisky didn't play great down the stretch but the refs were part of the avalanche that they couldn't overcome...Just telling it like it is and how I saw it

It still really bothers me that they can't get a REPLAY correct.....Just think about that one for a second. With all the camera angles and slow mo views available, how can they stand with their original shit call on the floor? The announcers just dismissing it was even more annoying......I would say this regardless of team and circumstance.....Replays should NEVER be wrong and that was a big spot to make things worse for Wisky

Didn't bet the game so no dog in the fight here....Just crazy to me they got that replay wrong, I can't wrap my head around it
    Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 04-07-15 at 11:13 PM.
    Points Awarded:

DOM_Toretto gave MoneyLineDawg 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

is there anything worse than Big 10 hoops? the trend setters of shot clock killing.

all the chest pumping during the tourney and now all the crying.

and still only 2 titles in the last 26 years.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57563

Yes, calls were huge (stepping OB and finger-tip deflection OB) but did not cost UW the game. Duke guards killed us and Bo did not adjust his coverage. Why not put Showalter on Jones! On offense waaaay too much dribbling and not enough ball movement. Last few possession were pathetic - not the Wisky team I watched all season - almost panicky! Congrats to Duke, they got us twice, and the Badgers sit 2nd best in the country. Not bad out of 319 D1 teams.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Funny how the Duke bias crowd comes out when they win one and no one says anything when they lose in the 1st round. Kentucky got jobbed in the semis more than Wisconsin did in the final. 9 pt lead, make some penetrating shots and you win instead of whining about officiating
    Its amazing to me. The most efficient offensive team in the last 15 years and they scored 4 points the last 5 minutes. Everybody wants to say the refs gave the game to Duke, but nobody willing to give the credit where it is deserved. The Duke defense did this for much of the year.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11708

you are not wining hitting 25-61 fg and 7-21 3 point shots in the finals. CASE CLOSED. STATS SAYS IT ALL. THEY BLEW A 9 POINT LEAD

First 12