STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big Bear - MLB starting lineups

I got a few lineups for opening day on draftkings... I know you know your shit, I just want to know if the following guys are going to start opening day... Also, approximate position in the batting order if you know that, ill throw u a bone if I hit something big:

STAX

P Johnny Cueto P 25.2
    P Dallas Keuchel P 17.7
    C Yan Gomes 6.9
    1B Joey Votto 7.3
    2B Jose Altuve 9.3
    3B David Wright 6.7
    SS Ian Desmond 7.9
    OF Adam Eaton 7.5
    OF Billy Hamilton 7.2
    OF Matt Kemp 8.0

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Someone give bear 6 winners so he can stop going thread to thread asking.
    Points Awarded:

dfish gave broadway6 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    Someone give bear 6 winners so he can stop going thread to thread asking.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

good luck stax.

all MLB opening day starters have been announced and all lines are up at 5Dimes.

I have never played draft kings fantasy but i have seen the commercials.

Yes all those players are healthy and will be playing Monday.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

here is the only thing i have locked in so far...

$10.00 $45,715.92 Pending 14 Team Parlay
    Pending 4/6/15 2:10pm MLB Baseball 901 Colorado Rockies +135* <small>vs</small> Milwaukee Brewers (K Kendrick - R must Start K Lohse - R must Start)
    Pending 4/6/15 4:05pm MLB Baseball 904 Washington Nationals -185* <small>vs</small> New York Mets (B Colon - R must Start M Scherzer - R must Start)
    Pending 4/6/15 4:10pm MLB Baseball 906 Miami Marlins -125* <small>vs</small> Atlanta Braves (J Teheran - R must Start H Alvarez - R must Start)
    Pending 4/6/15 4:10pm MLB Baseball 907 Pittsburgh Pirates +110* <small>vs</small> Cincinnati Reds (F Liriano - L must Start J Cueto - R must Start)
    Pending 4/6/15 4:10pm MLB Baseball 910 Los Angeles Dodgers -185* <small>vs</small> San Diego Padres (J Shields - R must Start C Kershaw - L must Start)
    Pending 4/6/15 10:10pm MLB Baseball 911 San Francisco Giants -140* <small>vs</small> Arizona Diamondbacks (M Bumgarner - L must Start J Collmenter - R must Start)
    Pending 4/6/15 1:05pm MLB Baseball 913 Toronto Blue Jays +130* <small>vs</small> New York Yankees (D Hutchison - R must Start M Tanaka - R must Start)
    Pending 4/6/15 1:05pm MLB Baseball 916 Detroit Tigers -185* <small>vs</small> Minnesota Twins (P Hughes - R must Start D Price - L must Start)
    Pending 4/6/15 3:10pm MLB Baseball 918 Tampa Bay Rays -125* <small>vs</small> Baltimore Orioles (C Tillman - R must Start C Archer - R must Start)
    Pending 4/6/15 4:10pm MLB Baseball 920 Kansas City Royals -125* <small>vs</small> Chicago White Sox (J Samardzija - R must Start Y Ventura - R must Start)
    Pending 4/6/15 4:10pm MLB Baseball 922 Seattle Mariners -145* <small>vs</small> Los Angeles Angels (J Weaver - R must Start F Hernandez - R must Start)
    Pending 4/6/15 7:10pm MLB Baseball 924 Houston Astros +105* <small>vs</small> Cleveland Indians (C Kluber - R must Start D Keuchel - L must Start)
    Pending 4/6/15 10:05pm MLB Baseball 926 Oakland Athletics -150* <small>vs</small> Texas Rangers (Y Gallardo - R must Start S Gray - R must Start)
    Pending 4/6/15 3:05pm MLB Baseball 927 Boston Red Sox -110* <small>vs</small> Philadelphia Phillies (C Buchholz - R must Start C Hamels - L must Start)

STAX

thanks bear... I do fantasy just for fun... I play the $3 and $5 big tournaments... a few lineups every day. Gives me something to watch and follow if I dont bet or all my parlays lose early in the day. I've placed pretty high a few times, but never cashed for anything big yet. Only been doing it a month or two. Payouts are big (4 figures for top 5, sometimes 10K for 1st), but you gotta beat 40K people and have a near perfect lineup. best part is, its all legal and you can deposit as little as $5 if you want. I'm probably down a hundred or less overall, but sample sizer is small.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Loving Tuesdays card

Rockies (Lyles) over Brewers (Garza)

Cubs (Arrieta) over Cardinals (Lynn)

Mariners (Paxton) over Angels (Wilson)

Marlins (Latos) over Braves (Wood)

STAX

Yeah I see a lot of value on there... Red Sox stick out to me, like Dodgers too

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Stax, in general, it's worth it to go with NL pitching to get that extra K opportunity against the P spot--like the Cueto pick.

Also, try and stack teams instead of having so many players from different teams. That way, you can maximize scoring correlations. For example, you get points for runs, hits, and rbis. So if you stack a team's 3-5 hitters, you have a greater potential of racking up points--sort of the like in hockey, where each goal typically has one to two assists attached to it.

Another strategy is to play AL 7-9 guys or 8,9,1 guys against a terrible pitcher. If one of those guys gets on base, great chance that the team's best hitters drive them home. This is also a great strategy to point block against those who spent a premium on the top of the lineup.

GL this season.

High3rEl3m3nt

FYI, seeing that it may rain in the Pirates/Reds game.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Pick warm weather games

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Any sites that list opening day starters I know big bear posted it the other day

High3rEl3m3nt

High3rEl3m3nt

kudos to the rays

shaunovery

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    That's it Ty

smize
    smize's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

You have Astros to beat Indians? Wtf

High3rEl3m3nt

DFS is only getting bigger and it's going to escape the pseudo moral politicians and religious voters, who want to ban it.

Disney just invested $250 million into DK and MLB has extended its partnership.

interesting article

High3rEl3m3nt

9, 1, & 2 hitters for the Rays might be a nice contrarian play and they'd free up salary to spend up on Kershaw.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Opening day lines are up at a bunch of sites too, so easy enough to check the starting pitchers at your book.

A few even had a total for the game in Wrigley Field Sunday night (7), but it now looks like total came down.

shaunovery

Keep putting off entering my roto league entry at cdmsports waiting as long as possible gotta be in before tomorrow

smize

Guys what are your picks 4/6

High3rEl3m3nt

Rockies Brewers Over 8
    Indians Astros Over 7.5

smize

Any SU?

High3rEl3m3nt

Just leans at this point, but I am close to buying a share of the Dodgers -185.

Also, lean towards
    Reds
    Blue Jays

Wanted to play Royals, but was hoping they'd be priced a bit more in my favor.

STAX

Stax, in general, it's worth it to go with NL pitching to get that extra K opportunity against the P spot--like the Cueto pick.

Also, try and stack teams instead of having so many players from different teams. That way, you can maximize scoring correlations. For example, you get points for runs, hits, and rbis. So if you stack a team's 3-5 hitters, you have a greater potential of racking up points--sort of the like in hockey, where each goal typically has one to two assists attached to it.

Another strategy is to play AL 7-9 guys or 8,9,1 guys against a terrible pitcher. If one of those guys gets on base, great chance that the team's best hitters drive them home. This is also a great strategy to point block against those who spent a premium on the top of the lineup.

GL this season.
    thats a good strat for cash and small leagues but I only play the GPPs... where it takes a tremendous score to win (gotta beat 40K entries to win). I could see stacking occassionally, but not often. I Like your other advice though... especially about the NL pitchers. You cant really point block because you dont see the other lineups till the game starts... unless Im missing something here.

High3rEl3m3nt

I am also a GPP only player. There's a lot of controversy surrounding DK's baseball format because it encourages stacking more so than any other site (the two pitcher requirement really favors creating offensive stacks). In fact, other sites have tweaked their rules and lineup requirements in order to break up the effectiveness of stacking. There's a link on the subject if you wish to read more on it (here)

It's not too hard to point block. On DK, all you need to do is project the popular stacks that managers will build around. The public will target the worst pitchers and load up on the top of the order. You can counter by spending low and taking 1 or 2 hitters (8-9 or 6&7 hitters) for a mini stack that will block some points from the 1-2 guys. If you are worried about getting point blocked, it's a good strat to pay up for the top of the order of a NL team, because the pitcher spot will provide some protection.

High3rEl3m3nt

There's also a great resource that dfs players can use to help fine tune their gpp strategies. Unfortunately, the site is relatively new so it does not have last year's mlb gpp data, but it does have nhl gpp data.

A lot of terrific stuff being created by the DFS community.

Daily Fantasy Rewind (here)

STAX

OK, I get it... good stuff... thats interesting about the public picks and stuff... I didnt know that. Yeah the DFS is really exploding right now... the window of making money is closing fast because of all the readily available information. I play a few cheap GPPs per day, mostly for entertainment but I try my hardest to win. Im only about $100 into DK, and I play $5 - $15 worth of shit per day. Been playing daily for the last month or two. I think all that strat stuff is good, but my philosophy has been to try for the perfect lineup. A few days ago I was one player away from winning 2nd in the NBA 5K late night sharpshooter. I had Deron Williams in my lineup and substituted Lavine and it cost me 20some pts and a 2nd place finish. I normally pick one lineup and single enter into a few GPPs. I noticed I seem to do very well when there are less games going on in the GPP. I dont know what that means quite yet, but its a work in progress.

High3rEl3m3nt

I've been paying for my NBA re-education this year. A lot of min cashes or slightly better. Definitely down quite a bit, though I am min cashing more frequently as of late.

Been a great year in NHL. Several top 10 finishes and many more min cashes at the $27 dollar buy-in level.

a few nba dfs sites that are worth visiting:

http://nbawowy.com/
    https://dailyfantasynerd.com/

really like

http://dfsinsights.com/

STAX

I've been paying for my NBA re-education this year. A lot of min cashes or slightly better. Definitely down quite a bit, though I am min cashing more frequently as of late.

Been a great year in NHL. Several top 10 finishes and many more min cashes at the $27 dollar buy-in level.

really like

yeah i have a couple of lower top tens in the latenight NBA GPPs, but nothing that paid out anything over $100. Havent been close at all in the big daily sharpshooter, but I understand the variance. You cant miss on a single pick if you wanna place top 1%, and even that wont get you much cash unless you hit top 50. 1st goal is to hit 4 figure score... and that usually means top 5 out of 30-40K entries...

STAX

really like

Was tinkering with lineups all day, and I definately see what you're saying about stacking now. Its tough to get big name position players when you have expensive pitchers. I ended up going with Cueto/Alverez and a bunch of studs in one lineup, and I went Cueto/Sherzer with more no name guys on the same team...I actually took 3 Astros, and I am really fading Kluber today... Im a Tribe fan but it seems reigning Cy Yound wining always struggle in April the next year.... my thought was if I can hit on these guys they should be very low-owned. Started off good in the Cueto/Alverez as I have Tolowitzki and Pedroia as my only guys playing so far. Tolo is 1/1 with a R 2B and RBI, Pedrios hit solo HR his 1st AB... great start!!

High3rEl3m3nt

I faded some of my own advice, just because the GPP field is so much larger today--something you pointed out and is very valid. Went with two AL SP's and some cheap stacks, which have done decent so far. Went with Tigers' 9 and 1 hitter and have 3 sb's between the two.

High3rEl3m3nt

I have three astros too.

STAX

nice, my team's OBP is 1.000 right now. 3 for 3 with 2 BBs, lmao. bunch of overlays todays too

12 Last