20. Michigan State
    21. Nebraska
    22. Arkansas
    23. Miami
    24. Wisconsin

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

What's so great about Texas? Young players want to be part of that program so it's easy to get top recruits or something?

And Oregon idk, they struggle getting top recruits so you gotta really nail your evaluations on these 3* kids. 5* kids ain't lining up to play there

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Shocked ND isn't top 5

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    What's so great about Texas? Young players want to be part of that program so it's easy to get top recruits or something?

And Oregon idk, they struggle getting top recruits so you gotta really nail your evaluations on these 3* kids. 5* kids ain't lining up to play there
    3 words: High School Football

Longhorn Network, $$$, facilities, fan base, city of Austin. Still a great job, even if they have dropped the ball over the last few years.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Tennessee, Clemson, and Miami? Seem high.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Travis Haney of ESPN asked a bunch of coaches their thoughts on the various college head coaching jobs. They looked at factors like factors such as "location, administrative stability, support from those bosses, facilities, recruiting base, path to conference titles/playoff, sense of tradition, fervor of fan base, too much fervor from a fan base, etc."

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

espn is full of shit.

aint nothin but steers, queers, and Opie in Texas.

i sure as hell don't see no horns!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    Shocked ND isn't top 5

dude they havent been relevant since the release of Rudy.

getting blown out in the National Championship to Alabama was an embarrasment and just showed voters dont ever put a shit program on a big stage like this again.

I guess that whore from Alabama owes her whole existence to Notre Dame sucking that night.

if it wasnt for that being such a horrible football game that announcer wouldnt have been able to talk about how hot she was for 2 hours.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Bear becoming feisty, lol. The problem with ND is they have very strict standards to get in and lose a lot of recruits. Lots of these talented kids have low academics but as we all know it is always all about the $$$$
    and thus the problem with college sports. ND is a top job but they are a bit handicapped , that's probably why most coaches didn't vote for it. And look at the fall of Penn State, which is probably the premier place to coach before pre Sandusky.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Blazer same list the last 20 years

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

Quote Originally Posted by boomer62 View Post
    Bear becoming feisty, lol. The problem with ND is they have very strict standards to get in and lose a lot of recruits. Lots of these talented kids have low academics but as we all know it is always all about the $$$$
    and thus the problem with college sports. ND is a top job but they are a bit handicapped , that's probably why most coaches didn't vote for it. And look at the fall of Penn State, which is probably the premier place to coach before pre Sandusky.
    Are you from the northeast? I am in the south and never in my life have I ever thought that PSU was a prestigious coaching location. Maybe among everyone up in the NY area its the best thing? Even pre-Sandusky it wouldn't have been top 20.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Are you from the northeast? I am in the south and never in my life have I ever thought that PSU was a prestigious coaching location. Maybe among everyone up in the NY area its the best thing? Even pre-Sandusky it wouldn't have been top 20.
    in Paterno's prime Penn State was legit.

Its all about the coach and recruiting these days.

As soon as Ohio State got Urban Meyer i knew they would win a National Championship soon.

Yall are about to get real sick of Ohio State.

DYNASTY

3-peat is possible. Next year is a done deal.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Blazer same list the last 20 years
    Pretty much. Add South Carolina & Oregon to the list.

25. (Tie) Oklahoma State
    25. (Tie) Washington

OTHER BIG TEN TEAMS
    38. Iowa
    44. Maryland
    48. (tie) Illinois
    48. (tie) Minnesota
    53. Rutgers
    54. Northwestern
    59. (tie) Indiana
    61. Purdue - See more at: http://btn.com/2015/02/25/six-big-te....2Nd9MivJ.dpuf

Other ACC rankings included Louisville (#29 overall), Virginia Tech (#33 overall), North Carolina (#36 overall), North Carolina State (#40 overall), Georgia Tech (#41 overall), Pittsburgh (#43 overall), Virginia (#51 overall), Boston College (#55 overall), Syracuse (#57 overall), Duke (#58 overall), and the worst job on the list - Wake Forest (#65 overall).

SEC
    32. Ole Miss
    34. (tie) Mississippi State
    34. (tie) Missouri
    45. Kentucky
    59. Vanderbilt (tied with Indiana)
    Last edited by daneblazer; 02-27-15 at 08:39 AM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

EASIEST COACHING PATHS TO THE PLAYOFF

1. Texas
    One of the wealthiest, most visible brand-name programs in the country wants for nothing -- and unlike Florida State, it doesn't have to navigate through a conference title game. Right now it's in a catch-22 situation. Texas has to win to own the state in recruiting again, but it has to get the recruits to win.

2. Florida State
    The Noles can own and have owned the ACC, with Clemson being their most difficult hurdle. The combination of first-class facilities, in-state recruiting and available salary money makes this one of the most desirable jobs for a coach aspiring to reach the playoff.

3. Ohio State
    The East Division isn't easy, but it's manageable, and the Big 33 recruiting turf and financial security -- along with the incredible support and facilities -- puts this brand-name program on the fast track to the playoff. It's easy to sell the program that has been the flagship of the conference for more than a decade.

4. Oklahoma
    With no conference title game to trip over, the Sooners have one of the easiest paths to the playoff, not to mention the facilities and financial resources to recruit players and pay coaches.

5. Clemson
    It's on par with the SEC as far as recruiting and facilities, but has an easier league to navigate. The program has the resources and salaries needed to recruit and coach a top-four team.

6. USC
    When this storied program is at full strength -- without scholarship limitations and postseason penalties -- there's nothing in the way of a top-four ranking. Its pipeline of players to the NFL is proof.

7. Notre Dame
    The Irish control their strength of schedule and can now sell an ACC bowl lineup to recruits.

8. Georgia
    The Bulldogs have owned the state, and while Florida has to contend with FSU (and dreadful facilities), Georgia has had the upper hand in the series against Georgia Tech. Everything is in place for a title run.

9. Alabama
    The program oozes money and tradition, luring the best players in the country. It's ranked low because of a grueling SEC West schedule and conference title game to navigate through.

10. LSU
    Much like Alabama, the Tigers are the epitome of SEC success, able to cherry-pick recruits and pay for the best coaches in the country. The biggest obstacle is LSU's own conference schedule.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

MOST DIFFICULT COACHING PATHS TO THE PLAYOFF

1. Vanderbilt
    There's no school in the country with more of an uphill battle to the playoff than Vandy. The stringent academic requirements are a big reason the program can't recruit the elite athletes necessary to compete with the top teams in the league -- which is why it never will.

2. Wake Forest
    The smallest school in the BCS had one historic Orange Bowl run, but that was an anomaly, not the trend. It's not the best program in the state, let alone the Atlantic Division.

3. Washington State
    The Cougs are the Pac-12's most isolated, rural program, making recruiting difficult -- the heart of Wazzu's troubles over the past 11 straight losing seasons. It also doesn't help to be looking up at Oregon in the North Division.

4. Colorado
    After nine straight losing seasons, the Buffs have faded into irrelevance, and they're competing in a South Division that's on the upswing, led by USC and Arizona. The coaching turnover, subpar recruiting and lack of investment in facilities have made the past decade a disaster.

5. Indiana
    The Hoosiers have been stuck in a rut of mediocrity and are outpaced when it comes to facilities and coaching hires. Equally as problematic is IU's place in the East Division, alongside heavyweights Ohio State and Michigan State.

6. Kansas
    The program has always been overshadowed by its hoops counterpart and hasn't been relevant in football since its 2007 Orange Bowl appearance.

7. Purdue
    The fans have lost interest -- and apparently so have the recruits -- but the program also hasn't had the financial backing it needs to stay on pace with the rest of the conference.

8. Iowa State
    Not only is there not much in-state talent, but the Cyclones have to share it with rival Iowa.

9. Kentucky
    The program has made a renewed financial commitment recently and has demonstrated that bowl eligibility is a reality, but Kentucky has to win the SEC East before it can be taken seriously as a playoff contender.

10. Syracuse
    There's a sense of apathy surrounding the program, which is stuck in the ACC's stronger Atlantic Division with FSU, Clemson and Louisville. There's not enough depth on Syracuse's roster to overcome injuries -- or the schedule.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

They need to remove vanderbilt from the SEC

they are the only private school. They just dont fit in.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Vandy keeps the GPA up. Plus they are decent at other sports. They get the cash cow of SEC football too...they'll never leave

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Georgia.... these guys will never learn.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

UGA is a top job...

potential for some of those ACC teams to be on up there.

unc, ga tech, vt...would think they'd be higher than they are

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Yep, city boy and yes lived down South for a bit. Night and day for Sports. Down south nothing but College and I get it. But Penn State has a whole massive community , penn st nation. That's why the big coverup and denial about Paterno knowing. It was a premier football program generating huge $$$$. I think tuition is around 45k a year! BIG 10 ,SEC and ACC generate huge dollars for universities. In rural parts of the country, nothing else going on and College sports is everything.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Just some thoughts....

- Western PA is a football mecca. No surprise PSU is there. Just because they're mediocre now, it skews some people's view I think.
    - Tennessee that high is not a surprise actually, but the fans there are retards and nobody wants to come in and deal with their unrealistic expectations and their blind fanatacism, so they always have to get up-and-comer coaches that may or may not pan out. I think they finally got it right in football though.
    - Kentucky being in the bottom 10 surprises me, since there is so much money and alumni support running through it. That counts for a lot.
    - Vandy doesn't have the uphill battle you think it does academically. It's still the SEC, where cheating your balls off in the recruiting game is actually admired. Their alumni include Jay Cutler, that guy that kept taunting on the basketball court last night, and a host of other dum-dums. Academics are only a small handicap. Being Vandy is the big handicap. It's a city school, not a college town university, which recruits love. You can get away with being that if you're a Miami, a UCLA or even a TCU, but not Vandy.
    - I thought Wisconsin would be higher. That's a great job.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 19th Hole

rkellyatrecess
    rkellyatrecess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1928

Western PA used to be a football mecca before the population shifts, no more. And PSU is not in Western PA. PSU's strength revolves around their ability to do well recruiting in New Jersey, and they seem to be doing a better job. Joining the Big Ten really damaged their program. Not a Top 25 job.

Tennessee seems high in that they reside in one of the least talent-rich states in the SEC. It does help being in the East, at least for now. USC and Alabama should be flipped. USC can pick and choose from better local talent.

Oregon is much too high. There is almost no local talent and their success depends almost entirely on the continuity of their coaching, which never lasts.

Georgia is probably the second best job in the SEC and should be a shade higher. Great in-state talent and they are the lone big dog (GT doesn't threaten them), great institutional support, and SEC East position.

Clemson should be higher. The only thing stopping them from being a perennial contender is coaching.

Arkansas seems a touch high, but that may be a reflection on their current predicament in the SEC West.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

dude they havent been relevant since the release of Rudy.

getting blown out in the National Championship to Alabama was an embarrasment and just showed voters dont ever put a shit program on a big stage like this again.

I guess that whore from Alabama owes her whole existence to Notre Dame sucking that night.

if it wasnt for that being such a horrible football game that announcer wouldnt have been able to talk about how hot she was for 2 hours.

I hate ND. I only said that bc ESPN and the ncaa love to blow them.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Hard to believe UM (Miami) is so low. Almost just another city college like Cincinnati, Memphis, Tulsa etc.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

in Paterno's prime Penn State was legit.

Its all about the coach and recruiting these days.

As soon as Ohio State got Urban Meyer i knew they would win a National Championship soon.

Yall are about to get real sick of Ohio State.

DYNASTY

3-peat is possible. Next year is a done deal.
    Put your money where your mouth is. Just how much do you want to wager that Ohio State does NOT win the NCAA Championship next season? The only done deal is your total stupidity when it comes to football. How anyone can lose over 60% of their wagers is totally beyond me. Ofcourse, one has to wonder just how much, if any, you actually wager. I do not believe that the totals of your wagers equals the tip money I leave my bartenders and waitresses at my clubs. Phonies are so easy to spot. You see, when you lie (and you do that quite a bit) the problem is that you have to remember what you said, or people will throw the lie into your face. Remember about the lie concerning posting if you lose a certain game?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Ohio State's schedule looks pretty easy until November but what's new? I still can't believe that none of those quarterbacks will transfer

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Tennessee, Clemson, and Miami? Seem high.
    Agreed

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Bums coach college.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Ohio State's schedule looks pretty easy until November but what's new? I still can't believe that none of those quarterbacks will transfer
    Texas is despeerate and is going after Miller and Notre Dame's Golston. They may get one. If not, look for a couple of 6-6 type season for Texas in the next two years and a New HC by 2017.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Put your money where your mouth is. Just how much do you want to wager that Ohio State does NOT win the NCAA Championship next season? The only done deal is your total stupidity when it comes to football. How anyone can lose over 60% of their wagers is totally beyond me. Ofcourse, one has to wonder just how much, if any, you actually wager. I do not believe that the totals of your wagers equals the tip money I leave my bartenders and waitresses at my clubs. Phonies are so easy to spot. You see, when you lie (and you do that quite a bit) the problem is that you have to remember what you said, or people will throw the lie into your face. Remember about the lie concerning posting if you lose a certain game?

Here is his contest result.....

The link tells you all you need to know.

http://contests.sportsbookreview.com...daddyqh/picks/

Lets talk about a "LOSER!"

"NCAA THE PRICKS FOOTBALL CONTEST"

BigdaddyQH

Record: 31 - 42 - 2
    Percent: 42.47 %
    Current Rank:
    469 of 600

rkellyatrecess
    rkellyatrecess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1928

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Texas is despeerate and is going after Miller and Notre Dame's Golston. They may get one. If not, look for a couple of 6-6 type season for Texas in the next two years and a New HC by 2017.
    Notre Dame opens with Texas, so Golson is off that list.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

espn is full of shit.

aint nothin but steers, queers, and Opie in Texas.

i sure as hell don't see no horns!
    No need to add opie he's in the queers part.