Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Looks Like George Karl Is Going To The Kings

Only a dramatic and unexpected collapse in the final stage of negotiations can prevent George Karl from becoming the next coach of the Sacramento Kings, according to league sources.

Although the Kings have yet to formally announce a done deal with Karl, sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday that the organization is already operating under the premise that Karl will take over the team after the All-Star break.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...sportscenterFB

Can't wait to see the fireworks between Karl and Cousins. Would make a good reality show. Cousins is already upset that they fired Malone earlier in the year. This franchise has been drama ever since the new ownership took over.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15066

Should have tanked with Ty Corbin, and just had a contract for next year. Makes no sense to do it now.

For Karl, why would you want to work with Vivek Randive? Just go to Orlando instead.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Looks like this came from Cousins recently:

"I wasn’t consulted when the decision was made to fire Mike Malone and I’m not being consulted now," Cousins said in a statement obtained by Yahoo Sports.

"I just hope they make a decision soon and stick with it. George Karl is an experienced, proven coach and if that is who they chose to coach this team, I will support it. I do not like all these discussions in the media while we have a coach in place. It is a distraction and not fair to Coach Corbin and this team."

Cousins is extremely frustrated. With Karl getting a 4 year deal, if he doesn't like Cousins attitude, I believe Demarcus is going to get traded out, if the right deal is presented.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post

"I wasn’t consulted when the decision was made to fire Mike Malone and I’m not being consulted now," Cousins said in a statement obtained by Yahoo Sports.

"I just hope they make a decision soon and stick with it. George Karl is an experienced, proven coach and if that is who they chose to coach this team, I will support it. I do not like all these discussions in the media while we have a coach in place. It is a distraction and not fair to Coach Corbin and this team."

Cousins is extremely frustrated. With Karl getting a 4 year deal, if he doesn't like Cousins attitude, I believe Demarcus is going to get traded out, if the right deal is presented.

29 teams will be calling.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15066

Corbin doesn't ride his ass for anything he does. Karl will. He's definitely not okay with this.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

lol

George the game has passed you by

give it up

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

I agree Karl should have waited for a different position

That's not to say he won't be successful in Sacramento but these owners seem like they are tough to work with

If Karl could have landed a role like SVG where he had control of the team I think it would have been better suited for him

Karl is a winner though so I won't sell him short. But it will be hard to be successful under this ownership

We shall see

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Its definitely a challenge, but if he can just put this dumpster fire out, he'll look good.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    29 teams will be calling.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3585

I have alot of respect for George Karl,hopefully this works out for him.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Corbin definitely has lost this team. They are playing like they just don't give a damn tonight.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Corbin definitely has lost this team. They are playing like they just don't give a damn tonight.
    The firing of Malone really pulled the rug out from under many of the players, they have been reeling since. The team was doing really well until Cousins got meningitis and many of the players were buying in, and BOOM season wasted.