thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Didn't hear one person ask Belicheck about letting the clock run down

If anyone did, what was the explanation? He took the game out of Brady's hands completely.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

didnt hear it. he should have called a timeout, not sure why he would let it ride on the defense vs lynch

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Only thing I could think of is that he thought Seattle looked disjointed and he wanted to let them run a play, but that seems pretty flimsy.

Guy would have been the goat instead of carroll/bevell

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Fans give way way way too much credit and such on coaching. It's a game and there are many many mistakes and such. Super bowl matchup, odd play call by Seattle and Ne no time out..coaching is bs.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Fans give way way way too much credit and such on coaching.
    clearly we do, this guy gets talked about as the best ever, but this seemed to be a pretty easy choice to use a timeout with 59 seconds still left. maybe we think too much of reporters, how could no one have asked this and the analysts barely even said anything about it

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

this and kearses catch will be footnotes in history because of this ending, kind of like russia not pulling the goalie against the usa in 1980 and changing goalies for the 2nd period

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    this and kearses catch will be footnotes in history because of this ending, kind of like russia not pulling the goalie against the usa in 1980 and changing goalies for the 2nd period
    That catch was a dejavu of Tyree catch, just a bad break for NE.

I dont know why he wouldnt call a timeout though, I dont think he called a timeout when they played against Giants in simliar situation. I would just let them score at that point

chipshipley
    chipshipley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1028

Yeah I was cursing up and down for a timeout idk wtf kinda shit that was. I know enough to call a TO in that spot in a game of Madden so what is one of the greats doing? He would have looked like the biggest idiot in the world if they don't get that pick bad coaching on both sides IMO

chipshipley
    chipshipley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1028

I'd much rather give Tom Brady 45 seconds to get into FG range than try to stop Lynch from gaining 1 yd on 3 attempts.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Their best chance was to stop seattle not score belichick on another level this is not madden

Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Soviets ( European hockey in general ) didn't pull goalies at end of game.

Tikhonov replacing Tretiak at the end of the first for Myshkin was probably the worst decision he ever made and I'm sure he would say so too

Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    That catch was a dejavu of Tyree catch, just a bad break for NE.

I dont know why he wouldnt call a timeout though, I dont think he called a timeout when they played against Giants in simliar situation. I would just let them score at that point
    The Giants scored on a fade to Plexico for about 15 years if I recall.....certainly not inside the 5