mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

For those of you who purchase the NFL Sunday Ticket

I had to call DirecTV to change some of my billing yesterday. I asked if they had any specials going on. They said if I renewed my Sunday Ticket for next year, it would be 8 payments of $21.99. This is about a $75 savings on a $250 package. So you may want to look into this.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

forget it

waste of money

enjoy game in your local area..I did this year and liked it better than jumping around

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

Think the NFL Redzone is better than Sunday Ticket and a lot less expensive.

Book Crook
    Book Crook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 673

Sunday ticket is way better than gay ass redzone.. I want to watch the games I want, not watch some asshole behind a desk use direct ticket and tune into what they think is interesting.

Redzone is for broke asses or people who don't have direct TV

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by Book Crook View Post
    Sunday ticket is way better than gay ass redzone.. I want to watch the games I want, not watch some asshole behind a desk use direct ticket and tune into what they think is interesting.

Redzone is for broke asses or people who don't have direct TV

zert
    zert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3617

Do they promote this somewhere or was it just because you called in?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    forget it

waste of money

enjoy game in your local area..I did this year and liked it better than jumping around
    that may explain why u had a rough season betting wise coach...

watching film is essential otherwise you are just throwing darts

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    that may explain why u had a rough season betting wise coach...

watching film is essential otherwise you are just throwing darts

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

no way in hell I would pay an extra dollar to watch NFL's garbage product. Internet does the job just fine.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Beat bet us to call directv before next season starts and haggle a deal out with them at that time. At worst you will get 50% off, best case they will give it all to you free.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    if u only watch the NFL games that are telivised in your local area then you will be missing out on a chance to watch several teams play.

Say if you live in New Jersey chances are you will end up watching a lot of Bills, Jets, Giants...Football and whoever gets put on the national tv games but you will miss out on over 2/3 of the games played each Sunday...

NFL Sunday ticket can be a valuable handicapping tool b/c you can DVR some of the games each week that you dont get a chance to watch on Sunday and then watch them later in the week and use them as a reference and handicapping tool.

Stats dont always tell the whole story.

Everybody has a different philosophy but it really helps my winning % the more sports that i Watch.

I think thats why i do poorly when i try to bet NBA or NHL bc i hardly ever watch it....

College hoops is tough bc there are so many teams but for example last night I took Kentucky -24 against Mizzou and the reason i felt so confident in that pick is i had seen Mizzou play in the maui invitational and they are the worst offensive team i have ever seen play. I knew they had zero chance to score against Kentucky on the road.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zert View Post
    Do they promote this somewhere or was it just because you called in?

Don't know if it's being promoted anywhere. I just asked if they had specials and that was one of them.

Also heard the stories of calling before the season and haggling. However, I'm usually too lazy or don't like all the hassle of going through that.

Indeep
    Indeep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3292

I've had Directv for 15 straight years and have got the Sunday Ticket HD and Red Zone Free for the past 3 years just for renewing. Also got NBA package 50% off. Just call and be polite, you have to get to the cancellation department, because the front line people have no power to do anything but offer you free Showtime for 60 days or some other garbage offer.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

I have Red Zone, it's actually not gay at all..The pre game fantasy show is funny but the guys are kind of weenies..apart from that you are certain to see all the big plays on Red Zone and it's great to flip to during your game's commercial.

Calling it gay is pretty harsh

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    I have Red Zone, it's actually not gay at all..The pre game fantasy show is funny but the guys are kind of weenies..apart from that you are certain to see all the big plays on Red Zone and it's great to flip to during your game's commercial.

Calling it gay is pretty harsh
    Yeah Book Crook's post was good for a laugh. Red Zone =Non stop commercial free action. The game I want to watch most is my local team. RZ enables you to see all the important stuff in a fast paced way. I guess each to his own.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Direct Tv sucks, the only reason to get it is the NFL package. Fuk that. I go to sports bars and watch all the games at once. Bear is correct, got to watch the games. I laugh because so many dumb people on here throw around their opinions without every watching THE GAMES! No better way to handicap by THE EYE TEST and watching all the games. So many variables that come into play BUT nothing beats watching. Redzone , LMAO, that explains everything.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Quote Originally Posted by boomer62 View Post
    Direct Tv sucks, the only reason to get it is the NFL package. Fuk that. I go to sports bars and watch all the games at once. Bear is correct, got to watch the games. I laugh because so many dumb people on here throw around their opinions without every watching THE GAMES! No better way to handicap by THE EYE TEST and watching all the games. So many variables that come into play BUT nothing beats watching. Redzone , LMAO, that explains everything.
    We will have to disagree on the EYE TEST being the best way of handicapping. There are some pretty sophisticated models created that will also disagree.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

once youve had directv for 2 years you need to call to cancel

they will ask are you sure about 20 times

then when its their final offer, you accept the deal. you'll get the first year cheap again and the sunday ticket free

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    We will have to disagree on the EYE TEST being the best way of handicapping. There are some pretty sophisticated models created that will also disagree.
    I agree with you! I'm just saying the EYE TEST is one of the most important aspects. Can't just rely on stats, it's also match ups, when teams are playing each other,injuries,etc. It gives you great INSIGHT. I've done very well in the NFL the last few years and it's because I watch and pay attention. Sunday is my day, that's the rule. All the other sports too much to keep up with all the time, have to watch and not bet blindly, which is what most do.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    forget it

waste of money

or dont b a broke dikk fuk and have more than 1 TV setup

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

This was my first year of getting RedZone and it's not too bad. I heard Direct TV does an awesome job with the NFL, but I have CABLE. Plus my local games here in Orlando were Tampa and Jacksonville, so I had to get something, no?

mintpicks79
    mintpicks79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

Nfl dot com you can watch a replay of every game for $50 for the season. I watch about 2 or 3 games a night.

Book Crook
    Book Crook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 673

Redzone is definitely better than nothing, say if you have cable or dish or something like that. But if you have Direct TV and you bet the NFL you would be shooting yourself in the foot to not buy the direct ticket package. Great handicapping tool.

A lot of times there are really good games that aren't the local area televised games. I mean who wants to watch the Raiders get their shit pushed in by an elite team?? Especially if you have money riding on some other game.

The guy on redzone doesn't care that two of your three team parlay is golden and the fate of your bankroll hangs on a close dolphins game.
    why doesn't he care, because Calvin Johnson just scored a 62 yard TD in a blowout against the jags.

Again, IMO Redzone is better than nothing, but Direct Ticket is FAR superior. I just like having the ability to access the games I want to watch when I want to watch them.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

So you watch the TD for 5 secs and it goes to the next game lol

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Had DTV for years strictly for Sunday Ticket. Then last year they tried to screw me by double billing, an obvious mistake that could have been easily corrected. After thirty minutes of arguing with a teenager who refused to pass me on to a manager I told them to stick it up their ass. Was my equipment, my install, nothing they could do. Got a VPN and NFL Game Pass, never going back. Cheaper, better streams, multiple games on multiple screens.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

Was just passing on the word for anyone like me that has been paying full price. Didn't mean to start an argument. Everyone has their preferences on what works for them. I'd really prefer to go out each Sunday but that would get expensive and I'd get fat as F&ck doing so. Plus I don't want to miss the Sunday poker tourney do I?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    I had to call DirecTV to change some of my billing yesterday. I asked if they had any specials going on. They said if I renewed my Sunday Ticket for next year, it would be 8 payments of $21.99. This is about a $75 savings on a $250 package. So you may want to look into this.
    I think this might be the NFL's renewal year with DirecTV? I'm not to sure if DirecTV signed the new agreement or not? Comcast/XFinity wanted in on this deal.... and NFL was pondering the idea of selling it to both. The deal has to be done soon for the 2015-2016 season though.