d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    yes I know briguy, but if you watch the play he takes 3 solid steps, I think the ball is allowed to pop out after that, and then it's a fumble, that's what I'm saying.
    Actually it wouldn't be a fumble in this case because he was DOWN (elbow and forearm) before the ball came out).
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: face

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

well, it's a judgment call, I'm moving on. I thought he had control of it for 2 steps, but what are you gonna do?

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4143

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    yes I know briguy, but if you watch the play he takes 3 solid steps, I think the ball is allowed to pop out after that, and then it's a fumble, that's what I'm saying.
    No he doesn't take 3 sold steps. He is airborne when he catches the ball. He lands first on his left foot. Sorry but that's not considered a step. He then goes to his right foot so we can call that one step. Then he goes down without his feet touching the ground again until after rolling over and having lost possession.

NFL rules say in such a situation you have to complete the process for it to be ruled a completion. Here are a few angles showing my take on what happened is true.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...y-reversed.ece

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    Except he didn't take 2 steps. He took 1 step and fell to the ground. The rules say you have to complete the process of the catch and he didn't.

And I say this as someone who bet on the over and wanted Dallas to score.
    See, and that's where reasonable minds are going to differ. To me, he took 2.5 steps and then reached out to get it over the goal line but the ball hit the ground (after his elbow/arm) before it reached the goal line. It's not one of these playes where the receiver dove to catch or jumped high and went straight down to the ground. That is what this rule it intended for. On a leap/dive and fall. Here, he leaped, but he came down with two feet and then another couple steps forward plus a stretch.

I am becoming even more convinced that they made the wrong call.

sumtingwong
    sumtingwong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

FACE has it right..... everyone pretty much agrees he took THREE mother f'n steps........ and he was trying to extend the ball into the end fck'n zone..... dumbass shoulda just kept it close and taken the ball at the one instead of goin for the t.d. .... but he never dreamed those dumbfcks they call refs would say he didn't make a clean catch.......... as i said...... it's a f'n fck job!

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Actually it wouldn't be a fumble in this case because he was DOWN (elbow and forearm) before the ball came out).
    True story: When I first saw it I thought it should have been a touchdown since I didn't think he caught the ball until he rolled over and was on his back in the end zone. You're not considered down by contact if you're still juggling the ball.

But then I saw the reverse angle that not only did he juggle the ball, but it also kissed the ground while he was doing so. I knew it would be no catch.

Auto Donk

See, and that's where reasonable minds are going to differ. To me, he took 2.5 steps and then reached out to get it over the goal line but the ball hit the ground (after his elbow/arm) before it reached the goal line. It's not one of these playes where the receiver dove to catch or jumped high and went straight down to the ground. That is what this rule it intended for. On a leap/dive and fall. Here, he leaped, but he came down with two feet and then another couple steps forward plus a stretch.

very well put.........

i guess ol gay boy rodgers can go home happy and let his little trainer give it to him up the ass to celebrate being given the win.....
    Last edited by shari91; 01-11-15 at 04:07 PM.

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    FACE has it right..... everyone pretty much agrees he took THREE mother f'n steps........
    The only people that agree on that are people who haven't looked at the replay. He takes one step.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...y-reversed.ece

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

True story: When I first saw it I thought it should have been a touchdown since I didn't think he caught the ball until he rolled over and was on his back in the end zone. You're not considered down by contact if you're still juggling the ball.

But then I saw the reverse angle that not only did he juggle the ball, but it also kissed the ground while he was doing so. I knew it would be no catch.
    Nope. There was no "juggling" until the ball tocuhed the ground, which happened after he had control and after his elbow/forearm had touched down. So no, that's not juggling.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8466

Youre considering possesion at the height of the catch but the ball isnt clearly possesed until it moves over to his left hand. It is even at his right bicep at one point.

BriGuy

Nope. There was no "juggling" until the ball tocuhed the ground,
    Exactly. And the rules of the NFL say you have to complete the process of the catch all the way through hitting the ground.

The ground can't cause a fumble but it sure as heck can cause an incompletion.

Auto Donk

wait til u see the film shot from the angle of the pylon..... ie, right in the corner of the endzone..... the ball doesn't even hit the mother fn ground in any sense of causing him to lose control of it......

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Dez Bryant secured 3-of-4 targets for 38 yards in the Cowboys' Divisional Round loss to the Packers.
    Rather than shadow Dez with a specific cornerback, the Packers "played sides" on the perimeter. Bryant still wasn't targeted heavily in a dink-and-dunk attack. His first catch came late in the second quarter, gaining eight on a quick screen out of the slot. Because Green Bay used so much zone, Tony Romo predominately worked around the line of scrimmage, moving the chains with Jason Witten and Cole Beasley. Bryant did draw a long PI flag on Tramon Williams in the third quarter, and ripped off a 20-yard chunk play later in that frame. Due to the NFL's ridiculous and essentially inexplicable "Calvin Johnson Rule," Dez was stripped of a physically dominant 31-yard jump-ball catch on fourth down late in the fourth quarter. Bryant is scheduled for 2015 free agency, though there's no chance the Cowboys let him get away. He turned 26 two months ago and is arguably the best receiver in the game. Short of a long-term extension, Dez will be franchise tagged.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who cares, right or wrong, they deserved it after last week. Karma.

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

According to the rule book, it's not a catch. I don't agree with the rule book, but can't argue the official ruling based on the rule book.

Hopefully that will be looked at this off season. Clearly not a f\*\*k job though, at least not by the officials.

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    wait til u see the film shot from the angle of the pylon..... ie, right in the corner of the endzone..... the ball doesn't even hit the mother fn ground in any sense of causing him to lose control of it......
    It absolutely clearly 100% hits the ground. I understand reasonable people can disagree on what constitutes a "football move" and whether or not it should have been ruled a completion based on what happened, but the ball most certainly touches the ground.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

If it was a Packer it be a TD....

Petey Wheatstraw
    Petey Wheatstraw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Who cares, right or wrong, they deserved it after last week. Karma.
    And Eagles deserve what they have. No rings ever. Karma

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

LoL gee never EVER get that from Cowboys fans. You guys need some new material. I get that from Cowboys fans after Eagles games when they lose by 30.

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Double Bogey View Post
    Hopefully that will be looked at this off season.
    I think that is part of the problem. Everytime something like this happens, especially in a big game, they tweak the rulebook to address it. All that does is serve to make the rule even more complicated and set us up for going through the whole thing all over again next time something like this happens. We have the Bert Emmanuel rule. We have the Calvin Johnson rule. They tweak it here, they tweak it there, and all it does is create more controversy, not less.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Another tuck rule IMO.....horrible rule when using common sense to determine the correct call

He catches the ball and has control with atleast 2 feet down and falls to the ground while a defender touches him incidentally....play should be dead there

the ball becomes free as he extends toward the goal line and after he hits the ground

So dumb

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Tell that mutt to hold on to the ball instead of trying to be a Fukkin hero.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Calvin Johnson caught that ball too against the Bears...no "rule" or BS explanation by Goodells henchmen will convince me otherwise

NFL run by lawyer types what a Shame

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I just hope Dez Bryant doesn't beat his mother after this.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stealthyburrito

Petey Wheatstraw
    Petey Wheatstraw's Avatar Become A Pro!

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Nope. There was no "juggling" until the ball tocuhed the ground, which happened after he had control and after his elbow/forearm had touched down. So no, that's not juggling.
    Who cares if his elbow/forearm is down? That has NOTHING to do with the process of the catch. You can hate the rule, but the it was called to the letter of the law/rule.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

It absolutely clearly 100% hits the ground. I understand reasonable people can disagree on what constitutes a "football move" and whether or not it should have been ruled a completion based on what happened, but the ball most certainly touches the ground.
    Agreed. But read my comment in the other thread. This was a catch. After catching with clear possession, he touches right, left, right, then stretchout all covering more than 5 yards. This is not one of those cases where the receiver leaps or dives to catch and it comes out when he falls on the leap or dive. No. It's not. THREE feet touched down after the catch. Come on. That's just wrong. 100%.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Who cares if his elbow/forearm is down? That has NOTHING to do with the process of the catch. You can hate the rule, but the it was called to the letter of the law/rule.
    My point in that comment was that juggling is not an issue. The elbow down is not the key. The key is that after catching with clear possession, he touches feet right, then left, then right again, then stretchout all covering more than 5 yards. This is not one of those cases where the receiver leaps or dives to catch and it comes out when he falls on the leap or dive. No. It's not. THREE feet touched down AFTER the catch. Come on. How can right, left, right, stretch covering over 5 yards not be a football move? They blew it.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Donker, why you hating on J-Lo?

Donker can you imagine being up in that ass? I can.
    Oh god, I know! When she said that you could see her toned thighs and almost get a little peek at her sn@tch! I would suck a fart out of her ass for sure!

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Packers will lose next week so who cares...

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: greenhippo

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Agreed. But read my comment in the other thread. This was a catch. After catching with clear possession, he touches right, left, right, then stretchout all covering more than 5 yards. This is not one of those cases where the receiver leaps or dives to catch and it comes out when he falls on the leap or dive. No. It's not. THREE feet touched down after the catch. Come on. That's just wrong. 100%.
    I'm pretty sure Calvin Johnson had 3 feet down when he let the ball go. Based on the rule book, it's not a catch. I agree with you that it should be a catch, but following the rule book, it's not.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    If it was a Packer it be a TD....

cburland10
    cburland10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 788

Either way, packers would have marched down and kicked a field goal.

First 12345 ... Last