TommyDog
    TommyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 289

Those who are suggesting CM/WKY was fixed need to get a grip!!!

Let me preface by saying that this may have been the single worst beat I've ever experienced in more than 30 years of gambling.

Just brutal!!!!!!! Going to sting for a long time!

So let's see here, according to a lot of people on this (and other) sites, the plan was for CMU to cover, but for them to go down by 35 before doing so.

Does anyone have any clue whatsoever just how many individuals it would take to make such a cover possible???

Coaches, referees and a large number of 20-year-olds who would have no reason not to run their traps about being involved in such a game would have to be in on the fix.

In this day and age, nearly impossible to pull it off in any typical game without word of it leaking out. To pull it off in a game such as today, considering the circumstances, flat-out impossible. And again, if the "fix" was in, all parties involved (which in this case would be virtually everyone who played) would not have played it this close, where one trip-up, one fumble, one dropped pass doesn't allow the fix to occur.

Hell, the final play alone....Even if that was scripted by both teams, nine times out of 10 that doesn't play out as seen.

I know, a lot of people will reply with "don't be so naive......." type comments. Those same people who claim "fix" will be betting their mortgage on a meaningless Sunday NFL game come the weekend.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I can't believe you typed all of that

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

People think that football is never fixed where in fact it's the easiest one to fix because of the spreads.

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

I think it can only be the unluckiest loss of all our lives when it comes to sports betting. I challenge someone to come up with one worse.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

You were on the wrong side. Simple as that.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

That Washington state bowl game last year was bad, but not even close to this

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    lol chances of that play working is probably around 0.1% or less. run the same play 1000 times and they may get lucky one time.

if you had western kentucky, that's gotta be one of the worst losses ever...

leetreaper

Nothing to see here, another brain-damaged resident like most of them here on SBR.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Only thing worse I can remember was the Ohio st/northwrstern game where NW literally lateraled the ball into the end zone for a TD with no time left

leetreaper

Only thing worse I can remember was the Ohio st/northwrstern game where NW literally lateraled the ball into the end zone for a TD with no time left
    yep, easy top 3 beats ever

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...
    Ron29301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    You were on the wrong side. Simple as that.
    If you are a gambler you are considered to be on the wrong side of a losing beat. But, if you analyze games from a football fan or sports perspective your seeing outrageous things play out. Sometimes you sit there an say to yourself "What the hell kind of call was that?" and then laugh it off with something "This is B.S." That's what I do all the time.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by Ron29301 View Post
    If you are a gambler you are considered to be on the wrong side of a losing beat. But, if you analyze games from a football fan or sports perspective your seeing outrageous things play out. Sometimes you sit there an say to yourself "What the hell kind of call was that?" and then laugh it off with something "This is B.S." That's what I do all the time.
    Yea i didnt even watch the game and just now saw the final play and have changed my mind. Thats probably the worst bad beat i have ever seen. wku was the right side.

TommyDog
    TommyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 289

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    Nothing to see here, another brain-damaged resident like most of them here on SBR.
    Someone who has made nearly 20,000 posts in the span of four years on a gambling site referring to "most of them here on SBR" as "brain-damaged residents".

Now that is epic!!!
    Last edited by TommyDog; 12-24-14 at 11:45 PM.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    lol chances of that play working is probably around 0.1% or less. run the same play 1000 times and they may get lucky one time.

if you had western kentucky, that's gotta be one of the worst losses ever...
    lets say the odds of them scoring on this play were even 500-1 (probably way higher then that), you still have to factor in the fact that they were up 35 points in the 4th quarter and could have really killed the time off when they got the onside kick, not to mention that it was going to be hard to kick a fg if they went to ot so you still could have covered in ot with western kentucky and im having a hard time finding a worse beat if you took western kentucky, i had central michigan and i cant remember a win even remotely as lucky

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i immediately thought of that game, but this one was way worse

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

I think wku's coaches and defense had central michigan as a 3* pick in their bowl pool. Only logical explanation

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

CMU went for two to cover the spread there is no logical explanation to go for 2 there when you have that type of momentum.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57529

This one was waaay worse! Come on - Laying a FG, moving the ball at will, up 35 with under 12 minutes to play! And then have them go for two to guarantee the loss - It was really quite incredible...

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

name a worse bad beat. Think I can surely give it a fukkin try

How about the brawl at the Palace of Auburn Hills

mother fukkin spread was over 180

mother fukkin score was

the mother fukkin original foul, and the resulting technical fouls.....

game goes over 100% of the time unless a plane strikes the arena

or...... the mother fukkin baboons start fighting like idiots.

Im sure you all know what happened from then on .

Now reset your thinkin once again. Even though that hailmary play from todays game is in your head.

How many times has a brawl in professional sports led to the game being completely stopped

COMPLETELY STOPPED, never to be continued again ..... Maybe one other time in history.

This has to be the worst beat I have seen. for the over to be a point away.... 99% of the game played....

to have the over out of all things in the game, not the side, but the over that needed a point to push

And todays football game was insane .... but considering all these factors

this Pistons game is my number 1.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by TommyDog View Post
    Let me preface by saying that this may have been the single worst beat I've ever experienced in more than 30 years of gambling.

Just brutal!!!!!!! Going to sting for a long time!

So let's see here, according to a lot of people on this (and other) sites, the plan was for CMU to cover, but for them to go down by 35 before doing so.

Does anyone have any clue whatsoever just how many individuals it would take to make such a cover possible???

Coaches, referees and a large number of 20-year-olds who would have no reason not to run their traps about being involved in such a game would have to be in on the fix.

In this day and age, nearly impossible to pull it off in any typical game without word of it leaking out. To pull it off in a game such as today, considering the circumstances, flat-out impossible. And again, if the "fix" was in, all parties involved (which in this case would be virtually everyone who played) would not have played it this close, where one trip-up, one fumble, one dropped pass doesn't allow the fix to occur.

Hell, the final play alone....Even if that was scripted by both teams, nine times out of 10 that doesn't play out as seen.

I know, a lot of people will reply with "don't be so naive......." type comments. Those same people who claim "fix" will be betting their mortgage on a meaningless Sunday NFL game come the weekend.
    WTF you talking about?? Simple answer is LANDERS HAD WKTY......enough said...HE IS BAD KARMA and crazy things can happen when you are on LANDERS SIDE......It's kind of becoming a UNIVESAL LAW

mintpicks79
    mintpicks79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

I click the foxsports link and what movie is being advertised...? The gambler! 👨

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...
    Ron29301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

Quote Originally Posted by mintpicks79 View Post
    I click the foxsports link and what movie is being advertised...? The gambler! 
    They promote gambling on every sports tv station. Why would a die hard sports fan care about a spread? I sure didn't before.
    Last edited by Ron29301; 12-25-14 at 09:46 AM.

arrgy
    arrgy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1904

What was bad was the decision to go for two.
    And the referee on that side backs up to behind the sign and never looks. down to see if he stepped out of bounds. Then there is mo review.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

If you google right now you will find that the Bahamas Mafia fixed the game.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3457

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    People think that football is never fixed where in fact it's the easiest one to fix because of the spreads.
    hey sweetheart 95% of sports has spreads when it comes to gambling

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Meh wku's defense has been awful all year. Combine that with bad clock management and a once in a lifetime Hail Mary you have a once in a life time bad beat

edit: 13,000 and I didn't know it

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    That Washington state bowl game last year was bad, but not even close to this
    Omg these two were so brutal