STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Dont you think the closeness of games against much lower ranked teams should be taken into account also?
    TCU 34
    Kansas 30 (Kansas basically blew the game)

Baylor 48
    Texas Tech 46

No close game Buckeyes played was against a team near as bad as either of these two. argument is weak any ways... this is D1 football you dont have a cake walk every week, teams come to play sometimes

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Be careful with the spreads. Remember this is an elimination game. A team will not try to run up the score because there is no need to improve rankings. All you need is a win, any kind of win, so you can advance to the next game and preferably don't have any injuries. This is the first time in history that 2 college football teams will play 2 January games!

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Its because the best football players come from the south.
    False.

MaxPrep who ranks such things, says the most dominant HS teams the past decade come from 1) California 2) New Jersey (and don't kid yourself, I'm a Jersey boy originally, Jersey produces mant outstanding linemen) 3) Kentucky 4) Tennessee and 5) Washington State

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    False.

MaxPrep who ranks such things, says the most dominant HS teams the past decade come from 1) California 2) New Jersey (and don't kid yourself, I'm a Jersey boy originally, Jersey produces mant outstanding linemen) 3) Kentucky 4) Tennessee and 5) Washington State
    Just because a dominant team comes from there, doesn't mean the overall recruiting is better. You can take the kids from those 5 states and I'll take Texas, Florida, Georgia, & Alabama and we'll see who comes out ahead most of the time. California is a monster recruiting state though.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Be careful with the spreads. Remember this is an elimination game. A team will not try to run up the score because there is no need to improve rankings. All you need is a win, any kind of win, so you can advance to the next game and preferably don't have any injuries. This is the first time in history that 2 college football teams will play 2 January games!
    Excellent post

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    TCU 34

Baylor 48
    Texas Tech 46

No close game Buckeyes played was against a team near as bad as either of these two. argument is weak any ways... this is D1 football you dont have a cake walk every week, teams come to play sometimes
    I think Ohio State is a top 4 team, but it took Ohio State two ot's to beat Penn State...Indiana & Michigan games were much closer than the score shows. Places like Kansas can be hard to play sometimes because it's cold and there isn't anyone in the stands...hard to get up for the game esp once Kansas hits a few flukey bombs like they did. At some point you gotta tip your cap for a team just getting the W.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Buckeye fans typing up essays on why they deserve the 4th seed and homie couldn't stop making threads last night. Newsflash it doesn't really matter now does it? Debating that 4th spot is futile, you're in and Big12 is pounding dirt. Congrats have fun with Bama.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    California is a monster recruiting state though.
    NFL PLAYER BREAKDOWN BY STATE

1. California 225
    2. Florida 186
    3. Texas 184
    4. Georgia 95
    5. Ohio 74
    6. New Jersey 63
    7. Louisiana 62
    8. Pennsylvania 58
    9. South Carolina 54
    10. Virginia 50

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

False.

I said players not teams. Looking at the roster of the last six national champions and its no wonder they are mostly from Alabama or the south in general.

jtoler

TCU 34

Baylor 48
    Texas Tech 46

I understand that, but State did lose to Tech at home, people want to overlook that and say oh well it was early in the season.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I think Ohio State is a top 4 team, but it took Ohio State two ot's to beat Penn State...Indiana & Michigan games were much closer than the score shows. Places like Kansas can be hard to play sometimes because it's cold and there isn't anyone in the stands...hard to get up for the game esp once Kansas hits a few flukey bombs like they did. At some point you gotta tip your cap for a team just getting the W.
    I agree with you, and thats why I put these arguments dont hold much water with me. Some times the opponent just shows up... like Indiana did when they won at Missouri. Bottom line is getting the win...

jtoler

NFL players by state per capita(which is most important) 1. Louisiana 2. South Carolina 3. Mississippi 4. Alabama 5. Florida 6. Georgia

STAX

I understand that, but State did lose to Tech at home, people want to overlook that and say oh well it was early in the season.
    if it was overlooked, Buckeyes would have been in 3rd all season... we were basically the last ranked 1 loss team for much of the year, and rightfully so... but the Michigan State beatdown put us back in consideration, and the Wisconsin shalacking got us over the hump.

jtoler

if it was overlooked, Buckeyes would have been in 3rd all season... we were basically the last ranked 1 loss team for much of the year, and rightfully so... but the Michigan State beatdown put us back in consideration, and the Wisconsin shalacking got us over the hump.
    I here ya and I have nothing against State, I just dont like how they took a team ranked 3rd who won their last game in blowout fashion and then put them at 6, that is just wrong to me.

jtoler

Need a committee press conference.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

The Big 12 doesn't have anyone to blame but themselves. After cramming that "One true champion" horse shit own our throats an entire season, they back pedal the last week of the season saying they will allow co-champions. Huh? If they would have crowned Baylor the champion, at least Baylor would have had a punchers chance to get into the playoffs. Baylor didn't schedule a soul in OOC...like they usually don't and it came back to burn them.

swag1982
    swag1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2378

^
    Bama should beat OSU by double digits, but tell me why OSU should not be there?
    They lost a Labor Day game to Virginia Tech, then ran the table the next 3 months.
    Seriously, you are punishing them for losing to Va Tech 3 light years ago, Buckeyes won out after that for the love of God.

Urban Meyer clearly was the best college coach this season, that includes that bozo in Tuscalosa.
    He took a third string QB, had one week to get him up to speed and game ready, and they beat Wisky 312 to 0
    the loss was to a terrible vt team at ohiost

BChrisB
    BChrisB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

For those who proclaim to be sports bettors you all sure have short term memory loss. How many top rated teams throughout the years had close games? It happens many times a season, season through season. So what that Ohio State had close games? All top rated teams have. That Virginia Tech loss had to do more with a fresh quarterback than overall team talent? Say Virginia Tech all you want, it makes no difference... OHIO STATE IS IN and they deserved it.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by BChrisB View Post
    For those who proclaim to be sports bettors you all sure have short term memory loss. How many top rated teams throughout the years had close games? It happens many times a season, season through season. So what that Ohio State had close games? All top rated teams have. That Virginia Tech loss had to do more with a fresh quarterback than overall team talent? Say Virginia Tech all you want, it makes no difference... OHIO STATE IS IN and they deserved it.
    Seems FSU should be number 1 going by that.

CDUBB_CW
    CDUBB_CW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8112

^
    So did the Orioles, how they make out in October?

FSU is to NCAAf as Baltimore Orioles is to MLB last season.
    Yeah FSU has a key player suspended for this game like Orioles did? Mariota is overrated like most Pac12 QBs were on the past.

bumppinee
    bumppinee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1384

Still can't understand how ohio state got in over Baylor,they loss to Virginia tech at home by two touchdowns and barely beat a 6-6 penn state that just crazy.

BChrisB
    BChrisB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Seems FSU should be number 1 going by that.
    They should be, as far as I'm concerned. If your #1 you should remain until someone dethrones you. I agree.

stevenash

I here ya and I have nothing against State, I just dont like how they took a team ranked 3rd who won their last game in blowout fashion and then put them at 6, that is just wrong to me.
    Because the team that was ranked 3rd blew out Bumfuck State impressing nobody, while OSU blew out an outstanding Wisconsin team with a 3rd string QB.

What's not to understand?

stevenash

They should be, as far as I'm concerned. If your #1 you should remain until someone dethrones you. I agree.
    Florida State should be #1 over Alabama?
    You realize Alabama pretty much played top ranked teams all season, while FSU struggled against the likes of BC etc.
    Sometimes a win is not a win even though it is a win.
    You know how much zebra help FSU had in that BC game?

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

no... you and others dont seem to understand that nobody on the planet should care, but most importantly, the committee, couldnt give a shit about last year... besides pre season rankings, last year has nothing to do with this year...and rightly so

jtoler

Florida State should be #1 over Alabama?
    You realize Alabama pretty much played top ranked teams all season, while FSU struggled against the likes of BC etc.
    Sometimes a win is not a win even though it is a win.
    You know how much zebra help FSU had in that BC game?
    The same BC that beat USC and the VTech that Ohio State lost to.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by bumppinee View Post
    Still can't understand how ohio state got in over Baylor,they loss to Virginia tech at home by two touchdowns and barely beat a 6-6 penn state that just crazy.
    Because OSU's resume was better.
    What you failed to mention is that awful two point win to Texas Tech by Baylor.

OSU is better than Baylor, want to argue TCU, I might listen, Baylor? No way.

stevenash

The same BC that beat USC and the VTech that Ohio State lost to.
    Yeah, what's your fukking point !
    My point is week 2 OSU was a different OSU team that week 12 was
    Last edited by stevenash; 12-08-14 at 07:13 PM.

raydog

Because OSU's resume was better.
    What you failed to mention is that awful two point win to Texas Tech by Baylor.

OSU is better than Baylor, want to argue TCU, I might listen, Baylor? No way.
    week after week they consistently had a weaker sos ranking... im not sure where you are seeing that they had a better resume, but they didnt....

money got osu in the playoffs...bottom line boyz

jtoler

Yeah, what's your fukking point !
    Well you were trying to trash BC as if they are nothing, I think I made a valid point.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by swag1982 View Post
    the loss was to a terrible vt team at ohiost
    I'll say it again, that was week 2.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Please...

not 3 weeks of this for chrissssssssssssssssssst sake

stevenash

Well you were trying to trash BC as if they are nothing, I think I made a valid point.
    Was not trying to trash BC, I had a nickle on BC that game, should have collected on the money line too, zebras cost me that one.
    My point is if FSU is all that, they should be able to beat BC by 17.
    I knew FSU is not all that, off of the Miami game the week before BC.
    And the books were giving the Eagles beau coup points too.

jtoler

Was not trying to trash BC, I had a nickle on BC that game, should have collected on the money line too, zebras cost me that one.
    My point is if FSU is all that, they should be able to beat BC by 17.
    I knew FSU is not all that, off of the Miami game the week before BC.
    And the books were giving the Eagles beau coup points too.
    But you can say that about every team they all have close games sometimes with much lesser ranked teams, I from about the 2nd game saw FSU wasnt that great of a team, they should have lost about 5 games or however many theyve come back from, I personally dont dislike Ohio State one bit just still seems weird to me a team would drop 3 spots like that when in no other week Im sure they didnt drop them like that after a win.

raydog

love to see osu homers pumped up about getting in and drawing Bama ...like they will personally see some of the bowl money or something... enjoy the ass beating

sammy, its good family fun ... nobody likes a forum full of niceness

First 123 Last