eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

New people will complain that 4 teams isn't enough, and it should be top 8 teams.

But top 4 teams is 100x better than what it used to be.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

Technically 4 teams is only 2 times better. Simple math

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    they smashed mich st in east lansing, did you catch that?

they beat 9 bowl teams, did you catch that?

All 3 teams smashed people. I saw va tech smash the Ohio state defense in Ohio. Did you catch that? Who smashed tcu?

dalogester
    dalogester's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Did you look at TCU's schedule, especially its out of conference? What a shit show. Who the fukk is Samford? Not Stanford folks... Samford??? Then a horrible SMU and very average Minnesota.

How about Baylor? They too played SMU, then they played Northwestern State (not northwestern) and Buffalo. Get the fukk out of here. Both AD's should be fired for such awful schedules.

Now if the Big12 was a juggernaut OOC as a whole then you could give them some due but the Big12 was garbage as a conference this year. OU and Texas being down, killed the conference. The conferences best win was Iowa State beating Iowa or maybe OU beating Tennessee. That is awful. They've lost to Alabama, Auburn, BYU, UCLA, FSU, etc... The entire big12 OOC schedule was full of cupcakes. Schedule better, get better.

We all know the ACC can be a shit show conference some years (it was pretty good this year though). I respect FSU for scheduling Notre Dame, Florida and Oklahoma State. That's a great OOC. Take notes, Baylor/TCU.
    LOL, because Alabama, Ohio State and Florida State all had SUCH tough out of conference schedules.
    Youre a fckin idiot if you think that.

I cant wait for TCU to rape these SEC and Big 10 schools who are in such better conferences. LOL

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    All 3 teams smashed people. I saw va tech smash the Ohio state defense in Ohio. Did you catch that? Who smashed tcu?
    tcu beat juggernaut kansas by only 4. Tcu only beat wva by 1 in a game wvu controlled til the last few mins.

did u catch those

homie1975

Vatech had 324 yds of offense at columbus yea that was a thrashing lmao

most espn cfb analysts and then the committee has ohio st in the final 4. We are all right u fools are wrong

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

big10 wrote huge checks wisconsin and the committee... thats a fact

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    and we never landed on the moon right. Show us the paper trail and quote unquote facts or Go suck an egg

raydog

after you see the beatdown bama gives them, you will realize that wiscy was paid heavily to lay down... dont be a naive fool buddy.. its called politics

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Already hate this committee bs, liked it better with 1 playing 2, now there are going to be more disagreements and political bs going on as it is now, they just made college football worse. People wanted a playoff not a committee picking who they want in the playoff.

jtoler

They just jump teams over teams no matter if they team is winning, doesnt matter to them, if TCU knew if they won theyed still be left out if State won then whats the use going out there and fighting your hearts out, just saying.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree completely with OP. TCU deserves the 4th spot. What was the reasoning in dropping TCU 2 spots from the playoff when all they did was obliterate their schedule barring the Baylor game which we all know they probably should've won. I give credit to OSU for crushing 1 dimensional Wisconsin in the final game but this smells of rank pooh pooh imho.

The only reason I could somewhat understand would be they didn't want to deal with the backlash of Baylor/TCU and which one didn't get in so the easy route is snag OSU and let them both sit out. Very disappointing as TCU could have given us a better game as the 3 or 4 seed in my opinion. Excellent squad who would've played their hearts out, ala Boise State/Oklahoma fiesta bowl. Now I get to fade them vs Ole Miss I guess.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    Lol State gets no punishment for losing at home to VTech, yet they get a chance to win a National Championship.

BChrisB
    BChrisB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Can you please show a reference which makes this a fact?

raydog

did any team, that won (or won by a large margin), get jumped by 2 teams in any week during the season? i dont think so... but winning the conf. championship game gets you a leapfrog over a team who finished the season winning by 52??? anyone who thinks money wasnt involved is sadly mistaken... its painfully obvious too... brutal

raydog

Quote Originally Posted by BChrisB View Post
    Can you please show a reference which makes this a fact?
    just use a little bit of common sense and read my last post...

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

TCU played (at the time) #4, #5, #15, #20 and #7 ranked teams. Lost to #5 by a field goal as an away team.

OSU played (at the time) #8, #13, #25. Lost to an unranked at home by 14.

In conclusion, Money talks and small following walks.
    Last edited by Slanina; 12-07-14 at 11:13 PM.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea I tend to agree with raydog that it's money too, hard not to look that way. BIG12 does need to take that one champion shit and trash it though. Baylor/TCU here in Arlington for all the marbles would've dispelled any issues just like Oregon thumping Zona.

raydog

just an educated opinion... if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck

personally, i wanted to see bama/fsu ... but oregon should have no problem handling things there, imo.

fwiw, pretty bad opening line in bay/mich st. ... baylor should shit on them if they can keep the gang together... always a lot of suspensions this time of year

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Have a feeling they got in on the $

Oh St is a much bigger draw than Baylor/ TCU. Committee justify this by saying no champ game in BIG12.
    Well, I guess they are safe then because from a logic standpoint you can't deny OSU should be in.

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

I agree buckeyes got in on name. The previous weeks rankings indicated they liked what tcu was doing. Then on a saturday they win by 52, and get jumped by 2 teams.

Lame

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by shady610 View Post
    I agree buckeyes got in on name. The previous weeks rankings indicated they liked what tcu was doing. Then on a saturday they win by 52, and get jumped by 2 teams.

Lame

lame scheduling definitely

you should check out the OSU game, they won by 59 in a game that actually mattered against a real opponent.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    Well, I guess they are safe then because from a logic standpoint you can't deny OSU should be in.
    Really? What logic, they lost to VTech at home.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

You are naive if you don't think name brand means something. Everyone agrees the big ten is the worst top 5 conference yet nobody mentions that when the media(looking at u herbstreit) lobbies for ohio state. If the situation was reserved and tcu lost to a 6-6 team at home and ohio state lost by three on the road against a top six team, the media would have said you can't let tcu in. Money talks and the big ten makes a whole lot more money than the big xii and ohio state brings in more than tcu. Tcu, if only you were named Texas...

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Really? What logic, they lost to VTech at home.
    when was that?

last I checked it was beginning of the season. There was a 3 team race for the 4th spot and 2 two teams played in a completely worthless, meaningless game. Very simple logic to follow, baylor and TCU players have no one to blame but their own school.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    You are naive if you don't think name brand means something. Everyone agrees the big ten is the worst top 5 conference yet nobody mentions that when the media(looking at u herbstreit) lobbies for ohio state. If the situation was reserved and tcu lost to a 6-6 team at home and ohio state lost by three on the road against a top six team, the media would have said you can't let tcu in. Money talks and the big ten makes a whole lot more money than the big xii and ohio state brings in more than tcu. Tcu, if only you were named Texas...
    If TCU would have beaten a 10-2 Oklahoma team on a neutral field 59-0 to win the B1G 12 championship and Ohio State beat Purdue at home to share a B1G championship with a Michigan State team who beat them to be a "Co" champion I bet that TCU team gets in.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Going to LOL at all yall when we win the national championship

raydog

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Going to LOL at all yall when we win the national championship
    bb, how many more qbs do they have left on the roster? better work a few extra guys at the position... bama isnt being paid to lay down

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Quote Originally Posted by Slanina View Post
    TCU played (at the time) #4, #5, #15, #20 and #7 ranked teams. Lost to #5 by a field goal as an away team.

OSU played (at the time) #8, #13, #25. Lost to an unranked at home by 14.

In conclusion, Money talks and small following walks.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    If TCU would have beaten a 10-2 Oklahoma team on a neutral field 59-0 to win the B1G 12 championship and Ohio State beat Purdue at home to share a B1G championship with a Michigan State team who beat them to be a "Co" champion I bet that TCU team gets in.
    what about the two touchdown loss at home against a 6-6 team? Look, ohio state is a fine football team, no one disputes that. We are just saying that money talks and there was a lot of incentives to take ohio state. Let's not act like the committee members are pristine. They know what their superiors want.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

bb, how many more qbs do they have left on the roster? better work a few extra guys at the position... bama isnt being paid to lay down
    Jalin Marshall might take a few snaps at wild cat.

we saved the best for last.

honestly i wouldnt trade Cardale Jones for a healthy Braxton Miller.

JT Barret is awesome but Braxton Miller is too small and doesnt have a big arm like Cardale Jones.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Bama -10.5 and Ducks -10 lines right now. Where will they end up?

Book Crook
    Book Crook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 673

Everybody pounding that OSU line will be looking sad come New Years Day..

I thought 14 looked like a lot for the SEC championship but bet it anyway...Bama loves big games and with a month to prepare, Urban Myer stands no chance against Nick Saban and his crew. No chance at all! I think TCU would've at least given a good game. I can't wait to see Urban have another heart attack like he did when Bama crushed his dreams in the 2009 Sec title game.

I agree that money is def. a factor in this. It's a factor..wait THE factor in almost everything, especially with those on the selection committee.

I don't know where the lines will end up, but if it's less than 14..I say take it and if it goes the other way and drops to a single digit. BET THE FARM!!

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

after you see the beatdown bama gives them, you will realize that wiscy was paid heavily to lay down... dont be a naive fool buddy.. its called politics
    Ray lol. If i wrote this post which looks like i did i would be getting hammered. Funny part is two weeks ago i started wondering how they were gonna sneak in Ohio State because for some fuked up reason this team is like Duke in CBB. If CBB wants Duke to win the championship any particular year they do it. Personally i can't watch Ohio State games because they really are not as good as the gambling gods lead people to believe.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Ed Salmons, head football oddsmaker at SuperBook, says both TCU and Baylor would have been favored over Ohio State.

First 123 Last