eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

Quote Originally Posted by bumppinee View Post
    All this talk about elite and mediocre teams is a bunch of opinionated garbage, there is not one team that could've went undefeated with FSU schedule Alabama had 3 games where they won by a touchdown or less and straight loss to an average overhyped ole miss team barely beating Arkansas and gave up 44 points to auburn and a straight garbage out of conference schedule if this is considered elite than times have totally changed.
    Haha that overyhyped Ole Miss teams defense would obliterate FSU's offense (this year). Hopefully FSU beats GT and Bama and FSU get to play.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

I think you have to look at FSU's last two home games as a major reason why they're #4 as well. All Boston College had to do was hold the ball for another minute and make a field goal and they win. All Florida had to do was not drop a ball which resulted in an interception on the 3-yard line in the first quarter and they prolly win. It's one thing to win games....in the last 2 games, the other teams lost them...and they're two very mediocre team. That's a big deal as to why the committee does not view FSU very high.

You can also point out the Notre Dame win on a questionable call that oddly enough was not called in a lot of games we saw this weekend. Imagine that. Even in the Oregon game the announcers pointed out "that screen" happened at least 3 times and wasn't called.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    If FSU loses to Georgia Tech....which is very possible....then Baylor probably makes the top 4.

Florida State barely wins games against mediocre teams by the skin of their teeth.

Here is a good litmus test to determine playoff worthy college teams: If Arkansas plays all four top seeded teams today on a neutral field who could they beat?

Answer: Out of all four teams most likely Florida State....not the other three.
    r u fukkin serious?

u think Ohio state will not get in with a win?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    If FSU loses to Georgia Tech....which is very possible....then Baylor probably makes the top 4.

Florida State barely wins games against mediocre teams by the skin of their teeth.

Here is a good litmus test to determine playoff worthy college teams: If Arkansas plays all four top seeded teams today on a neutral field who could they beat?

Answer: Out of all four teams most likely Florida State....not the other three.
    Ohio State is ahead of Baylor, they did not get penalized for losing QB as I expected. So if Ohio State beats Wisconsin, Baylor won't jump them. If Florida State (possible) or TCU (highly doubtful) lose, I think Ohio State gets in. If Oregon loses, I think that Arizona amazingly gets in. Now if Alabama loses, it is entirely possible for the top 4 teams to remain the same with Alabama dropping to #4.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    r u fukkin serious?

Ohio State will still need help if it wins, you should root for Georgia Tech this week (or for TCU to lose but that won't happen).

LT Profits

r u fukkin serious?

Ohio State will still need help if it wins, you should root for Georgia Tech this week (or for TCU to lose but that won't happen).

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Well everything is set for the committee if the favorites win out...and history shows that's not about to happen

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Well everything is set for the committee if the favorites win out...and history shows that's not about to happen
    And I think Alabama would go even if it loses because there is no way committee won't send an SEC team and Missouri is too far back at #16.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

looks like Try3 might finally lose a wager.

I guarantee you Ohio state wins.

I wonder who I should follow.

bumppinee
    bumppinee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1384

Lol all you haters have against FSU is a bunch of hypothetical situations if so and so would have did this and that, we might all as well turn back the hands of time and change our own lives I'm pretty sure we could've of corrected some past transgressions and made our lives a little better, oh wait we can't that's how I know you all are living in a fantasy worlds where reality is misconstructed and going undefeated in a power conference just doesn't mean any thing based on our own belief and not logic, logically FSU is the #1 team the proper and reasonable way of thinking about college football ranking (#reigning champion undefeated), but when we let opinions over run logic we get FSU #4 simple, FSU for the championship.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

ohio st loses fsu loses then all is right with the world, otherwise we are going to have a bit of a mess, this is why you need 8 teams, arguing between 8 and 9 is much better than 4 and 5, only teams that could have a real gripe at that point are the smaller conferences IMO.

the only bad thing about 8 is that 16 will be on the way right after.

LT Profits

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Ohio State is ahead of Baylor, they did not get penalized for losing QB as I expected. So if Ohio State beats Wisconsin, Baylor won't jump them. If Florida State (possible) or TCU (highly doubtful) lose, I think Ohio State gets in. If Oregon loses, I think that Arizona amazingly gets in. Now if Alabama loses, it is entirely possible for the top 4 teams to remain the same with Alabama dropping to #4.

if bama gets in with 2 loses this football playoff committee is a joke.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    if bama gets in with 2 loses this football playoff committee is a joke.
    If committee members want to keep their jobs, they won't shut SEC out.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Final 4

1. Bama
    2. Oregon
    3. Tcu
    4. Ohio state

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Bama is not capable of losing to MIZZOU

put the crack pipes down fellas wtf.

Mizzou is not even a top 100 team IMO.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

where to start...

here's a newsflash, FSU hasn't lost in TWO YEARS and they just got jumped in the rankings buy a team that plays in a sh1t conference where nobody plays a lick of defense and that said team gave up 60 points in a game and LOST. yeah that totally makes sense.

so are you trying to tell me if Mississippi St would have beat Miss last weekend they would have held on to their #4 spot?...of course they would. so would TCU have jumped FSU and Mississippi St then?....hell no they wouldn't have, you can't have an undefeated FSU team sitting at the #5 spot, anybody that thinks they aren't top 4 is just plain clueless. so why did TCU jump up to 3 then. TCU has no business being ahead of FSU, i don't care how bad FSU has looked.

ohio state should be nowhere near the playoffs, they can barely beat sh1t teams AT HOME including Indiana(ROFL) and my sh1tbag wolverines. losing at home to virginia tech proves to be an unforgivable loss. they are done.

baylor. nobody feels sorry for you, those bums could barely beat Texas Tech knowing they needed a good showing. they are done. their schedule is even more of a joke than OSU and that's saying something.

tcu. i don't have a problem with them sneaking in the back door(they are better RIGHT NOW then OSU and Baylor) but jumping an undefeated team, thats a f u c k i n g laugh and a half.

and for the record i hate FSU.

this playoffs is all about TV dollars. the committee wants FSU/Bama and Oregon/TCU to align the conferences in the bowl games. idiocy..

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    If Georgia doesn't fumble the ball twice on the 1 yard line or has a football coach with more time management skills than a fence post, UGA wins and everybody doesn't have the warm and fuzzy's about GT this week. This will be the 3rd run heavy team FSU plays in a row. Don't know if that Smeltzer kid will play, he will be missed if he doesn't. What will probably happen is that FSU will eek out another win and everyone who was saying GT is a great team this week will say they suck next week.
    Gt is not a great team

Fsu didn't play a strong team all season

That's not changing now

Miami wasn't a great team either but compared to the other cupcakes FSU was playing ....

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

not sure how baylors schedule is a joke...they play virtually the same teams as tcu...if baylor beats ksu, they deserve a top 4, imo... (since they beat tcu) but it wont happen, the committee loves tcu ....

osu should never be mentioned in anything

fsu should beat tech and who cares if they are 3 or 4 ... all i know is its gotten old hearing what they did last year.. it should be insignificant outside of preseason rankings.

did that clown really say nobody else would run the table with fsu's 70+sos schedule ...mother of fukking god son

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    where to start...

here's a newsflash, FSU hasn't lost in TWO YEARS and they just got jumped in the rankings buy a team that plays in a sh1t conference where nobody plays a lick of defense and that said team gave up 60 points in a game and LOST. yeah that totally makes sense.

so are you trying to tell me if Mississippi St would have beat Miss last weekend they would have held on to their #4 spot?...of course they would. so would TCU have jumped FSU and Mississippi St then?....hell no they wouldn't have, you can't have an undefeated FSU team sitting at the #5 spot, anybody that thinks they aren't top 4 is just plain clueless. so why did TCU jump up to 3 then. TCU has no business being ahead of FSU, i don't care how bad FSU has looked.

ohio state should be nowhere near the playoffs, they can barely beat sh1t teams AT HOME including Indiana(ROFL) and my sh1tbag wolverines. losing at home to virginia tech proves to be an unforgivable loss. they are done.

baylor. nobody feels sorry for you, those bums could barely beat Texas Tech knowing they needed a good showing. they are done. their schedule is even more of a joke than OSU and that's saying something.

tcu. i don't have a problem with them sneaking in the back door(they are better RIGHT NOW then OSU and Baylor) but jumping an undefeated team, thats a f u c k i n g laugh and a half.

this playoffs is all about TV dollars. the committee wants FSU/Bama and Oregon/TCU to align the conferences in the bowl games. idiocy..
    agree with everything except about Ohio State... and its admittedly bc Im a homer

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    where to start...

No if Mississippi State would have won, rankings would have been same as last week and TCU would still be out. Do not read so much in TCU jumping FSU after Mississippi State loss, that was more to ensure FSU to Sugar Bowl vs. Alabama than because of merit. TCU blowout of Texas only made it easier for committee to do, it was still as superficial move.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    There's a reason Florida State is 3 and not 1 or 2. The committee doesn't think very highly of them, and if they lose this Saturday, they really are not going to think highly of them. So any talk that if they lose and are still in is a complete joke.
    This

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

i sure hope GT wins.

FSU would get embarrased by whoever they play in the playoffs.

LT Profits

If seedings hold and it is Alabama vs. Florida State in Sugar Bowl, Alabama will be around -10.5.

Robber

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    is in the playoff even if they lose to Georgia Tech. Sure they are ranked 3rd right now, but they will not drop past 4th even if they lose. Unless they some how get blown out
    Lol

They would've dropped behind Baylor with a loss

Robber

Quote Originally Posted by bumppinee View Post
    Lol all you haters have against FSU is a bunch of hypothetical situations if so and so would have did this and that, we might all as well turn back the hands of time and change our own lives I'm pretty sure we could've of corrected some past transgressions and made our lives a little better, oh wait we can't that's how I know you all are living in a fantasy worlds where reality is misconstructed and going undefeated in a power conference just doesn't mean any thing based on our own belief and not logic, logically FSU is the #1 team the proper and reasonable way of thinking about college football ranking (#reigning champion undefeated), but when we let opinions over run logic we get FSU #4 simple, FSU for the championship.
    Too many bumps on the noggin?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    ohio st is not beating the BAdgers anyway..

TCU AND Baylor is my hope!

no FSU no OSU
    59-0 pal

First 123