WinningSince86
    WinningSince86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Kobe Bryant 1/14 shooting

I mean this guy still took the most shots for his team last night. He shot a whooping 7%. And the Lakers signed him practically to 2 year/ 50mil. Kobe is never like LeBron. Not even in the same tier in terms of taking a game over. Kobe is destroying his legacy considering he always had great players around him to win in LA. LeBron has proven he has what it takes to carry a team and win on his own. I know he left Miami to and from Miami to chase to win but watching him in Cleveland so many years his team was still good. Granted it was in the East. However the Lakers suck because of Kobe.

JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

Kobe's contract is a bargain for what he brings to the lakers. His merchandising,the ticket sales and still relevance on the national scene for the Lakers justifies his contract. Kobe's biggest problem is just age. He'll either have to adapt his game like Vince Carter or go the way he currently is and will be completely done in 2 years on a shit team.

And Lebron isn't like Kobe. Lebron is a businessman at heart not a basketball player. The whole "return' to the Cavs was carefully manufactured marketing gimmick. From the initial wording of the letter written by his PR firm excluding wiggins/bennett (who golly gee ended up being traded for Kevin Love!), to the "inspiring" commercials and the 2 year contract it's all a smoke screen for making the most dosh possible. And in 2 years when that contract comes up don't be surprised when there's rumblings leaked that there's a spat between Dan Gilbert and Lebron. Lebron's end game is owning an equity piece of an NBA team and CAVS look ripe for the picking when they start negotiating the new CBA in 2 years.

WinningSince86

LeBron will retire in Cleveland. He signed 2 years strictly for the TV deal.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Take Bryant off that team and the spurs blow out the lakers by a minimum of 30. we already saw that story last year when the spurs play their starters and dry against the lakers without bryant. blowouts. get a clue.

WinningSince86

Makes no sense when Kobe made one bucket. They didn't get blown out. Get a clue.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by WinningSince86 View Post
    I mean this guy still took the most shots for his team last night. He shot a whooping 7%. And the Lakers signed him practically to 2 year/ 50mil. Kobe is never like LeBron. Not even in the same tier in terms of taking a game over. Kobe is destroying his legacy considering he always had great players around him to win in LA. LeBron has proven he has what it takes to carry a team and win on his own. I know he left Miami to and from Miami to chase to win but watching him in Cleveland so many years his team was still good. Granted it was in the East. However the Lakers suck because of Kobe.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

They didn't get blown out. Get a clue.
    They got stroked outta the gym were down double digits nearly entire game.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

They need to trade him. A team can use him on the bench. He can't be productive for more than 15 minutes.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    They need to trade him. A team can use him on the bench. He can't be productive for more than 15 minutes.
    he's better than any player on the hawks you dumbfukk rice eating greek
    Points Awarded:

Seto gave Pauulzcappin 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    he's better than any player on the hawks you dumbfukk rice eating greek
    burial

Seto

Because Pau Gasol qualifies as being a "great player" but LeBron carried poor old Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh to 2 titles?

lolololololololololololol.

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

new account for Rattzz and Menses?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gauchojake

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by oldscho0led View Post
    new account for Rattzz and Menses?
    you might be onto something here

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Makes no sense when Kobe made one bucket. They didn't get blown out. Get a clue.
    if Kobe shots well.. it's a game

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RubberKettle

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

russian rocket should stick a rocket up kobes ass

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Because Pau Gasol qualifies as being a "great player" but LeBron carried poor old Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh to 2 titles?

lolololololololololololol.
    well...... he kinda did

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32138

Kobe has a no trade clause, so they can't trade him without his consent.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBagels View Post
    Kobe's contract is a bargain for what he brings to the lakers. His merchandising,the ticket sales and still relevance on the national scene for the Lakers justifies his contract. Kobe's biggest problem is just age. He'll either have to adapt his game like Vince Carter or go the way he currently is and will be completely done in 2 years on a shit team.

And Lebron isn't like Kobe.Lebron is a businessman at heart not a basketball player .
    The whole "return' to the Cavs was carefully manufactured marketing gimmick. From the initial wording of the letter written by his PR firm excluding wiggins/bennett (who golly gee ended up being traded for Kevin Love!), to the "inspiring" commercials and the 2 year contract it's all a smoke screen for making the most dosh possible. And in 2 years when that contract comes up don't be surprised when there's rumblings leaked that there's a spat between Dan Gilbert and Lebron. Lebron's end game is owning an equity piece of an NBA team and CAVS look ripe for the picking when they start negotiating the new CBA in 2 years.
    u cant pay a guy like kobe his worth or else he would be on the lakers literally by himself

i find the irony in ur comparison of kobe and lebron
    u spent an entire paragraph telling us all of the business reason for kobes salary
    how about kobe ultimately making a "business" decision by getting paid max value
    instead of pulling a TEAM move like dirk, or miamis big 3 or even idols, the spurs big 3, by taking a PAYCUT

so instead of proving lebron is more about business than bball, u proved lebron is no different than kobe
    in fact, kobe is much worse, hes been all about business first his whole career
    Last edited by jsmithj88; 11-15-14 at 12:49 PM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Kobe has a no trade clause, so they can't trade him without his consent.

Give me one reason why would Kobe want to stay with Lakers. Does he like watching the playoffs from his couch like you do?

DiggityDaggityDo

Give me one reason why would Kobe want to stay with Lakers. Does he like watching the playoffs from his couch like you do?
    You said THEY need to trade him. Thats what I was replying to.

I cannot read Kobe's mind, so I can't give you a reason why he would want to stay with the Lakers.

Ask him, Pavy.

BTW, watching the playoffs from my couch is not that bad. Cold beer, chips, guac, wings, head.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If Colby wants to stay with the Lakers it means he does not want to win anymore but just score points

DiggityDaggityDo

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If Colby wants to stay with the Lakers it means he does not want to win anymore but just score points

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    well...... he kinda did
    lol.

Without Ray Allen making a crazy shot LeBron would be 1-4 in the finals.

I'd say Wade and Bosh had a LOT to do with both those championships as well.

Gasol was 0-12 in the playoffs before joining Kobe iirc. He was the guy who kinda needed to be carried to a title.

Dwyane Wade won a title basically on his own. I can give you Bosh but don't tell me you could've just replaced D Wade and the Heat win those championships anyway. He had bad games and struggled especially in the 2013 run but he had HUGE games when the Heat needed him badly in both years.

Did Gasol ever drop 40 to bail out Kobe?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

lol.

Without Ray Allen making a crazy shot LeBron would be 1-4 in the finals.

I'd say Wade and Bosh had a LOT to do with both those championships as well.

Gasol was 0-12 in the playoffs before joining Kobe iirc. He was the guy who kinda needed to be carried to a title.

Dwyane Wade won a title basically on his own. I can give you Bosh but don't tell me you could've just replaced D Wade and the Heat win those championships anyway. He had bad games and struggled especially in the 2013 run but he had HUGE games when the Heat needed him badly in both years.

Did Gasol ever drop 40 to bail out Kobe?

seto i like you pal but wade won because of shaq.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    seto i like you pal but wade won because of shaq.
    That's what I hear about those finals. I hear that Wade carried an old Shaq and a bunch of bums to a title. Almost everyone says that. Also hear a lot about the refs from those finals lol. I didn't follow back then though so I have no clue what happened.

Seto

Bottom line is you can't compare playing with Pau Gasol to playing with Wade and Bosh.

In fact, it will be very simple to tell. Gasol never won a playoff game without Kobe in 3 tries. Guarantee Wade and Bosh will win at least 1 playoff game in the next 3 years. lol.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hear would've never gone any finals without James

Case closed

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

That's the smartest thing you said all day.

WinningSince86

A guard, meaning the 1,2,3 is more likely to carry a team then a a 4,5.

Historically its true and now its true.

Seto

Hear would've never gone any finals without James

Case closed
    And the 2008-10 Lakers would've made the finals without Kobe of course.

Probably would've struggled to even make the playoffs.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

That's what I hear about those finals. I hear that Wade carried an old Shaq and a bunch of bums to a title. Almost everyone says that. Also hear a lot about the refs from those finals lol. I didn't follow back then though so I have no clue what happened.
    nah man, when miami won with shaq, he was still the most dominant player in the nba.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBagels View Post

And Lebron isn't like Kobe. Lebron is a businessman at heart not a basketball player. The whole "return' to the Cavs was carefully manufactured marketing gimmick. From the initial wording of the letter written by his PR firm excluding wiggins/bennett (who golly gee ended up being traded for Kevin Love!), to the "inspiring" commercials and the 2 year contract it's all a smoke screen for making the most dosh possible. And in 2 years when that contract comes up don't be surprised when there's rumblings leaked that there's a spat between Dan Gilbert and Lebron. Lebron's end game is owning an equity piece of an NBA team and CAVS look ripe for the picking when they start negotiating the new CBA in 2 years.
    Funny you mention Vince Carter; I have always wondered if Vince Carter would have been in the lime light like Kobe if Vince had been on the same teams that Kobe has been on.

123 Last